PDA

View Full Version : A little close to home...

froggyfrenchman
3rd November 2005, 17:46
As many of you may have heard, through my constant ranting, ive been quite worried by the problem of Hastings' kamakazi boy racers.

The history..... My younger brother has been living at my house for a few months now, he is really tight with that crowd of youth delinquants. They have been pulling up at my house in these festering shoitpackers they call cars for ages now, i know who most of them are and so their constant deaths on the road have been strange to deal with.

The most famous of these being the 5 boys that died hitting the tree a few weeks ago. Now, my brother was in the car behind them. Was first on the scene and watched his friends die (well the three he could recognise, the other two were just goo on the windscreen)

Since that night, he has lost 7 friends on the road and yet still learned nothing... That is until last friday.
12midnight- my aunty sees him pissed in town and takes his keys, leaves him cab money.
1am- his mates have sober driver so he gets a ride with them
1:15am- Cop pulls car over. Driver has just gottnoff home detention, freaks out and takes off.
1:20am- Honda civic rolls 6 times while trying to run from police.
3:30am- Hospital calls me.
3:35am- I get to hospital. Brother is still unconsious
4am. He comes round. Is really beaten up but will be ok.

froggyfrenchman
3rd November 2005, 17:49
All i can do now is hope he learned something this time!
Feel much better with this rant off my chest.
I have worried that he would be involved in something for this, but was so unprepared for that phone call, then had to drive for 1/2 an hour to wake up my mum and tell her. Not easy, hope i never have to be in this position again

SPORK
3rd November 2005, 18:00
Woh shit. Motherfuck.

How old is he? Is he in a stable condition? I hope he's ok...

ZorsT
3rd November 2005, 18:07
I hope he does learn something. I aslo hope he is okay.

I hope they stop their wreakless behaviour.

But I can only hope

:spudwave:

2much
3rd November 2005, 18:19
Sounds like that "it'll never happen to me" theory. Hope he learns the lesson and takes his 2nd chance seriously. I couldn't put my mother thru that.

Colapop
3rd November 2005, 18:21
I don't know how to respond to this but to say that as much as you want to rant - go for it. We all (KBers and people) have got to do more than hope I think. I don't want to come across like some "heal the world tree hugger" but, FUCK ME!! Something has to happen. I suppose I'm ranted up about it too now (I got a 15 year old home)

froggyfrenchman
3rd November 2005, 18:22
Hes out now, just really sore and nursing minor cuts and brusies. VERY lucky, the car took out a power pole and the roof was flat at bonnet level over the whole car. Took fireservice bout an hr with jaws of life to get the boys out

heavenly.talker
3rd November 2005, 18:47
As many of you may have heard, through my constant ranting, ive been quite worried by the problem of Hastings' kamakazi boy racers.

The history..... My younger brother has been living at my house for a few months now, he is really tight with that crowd of youth delinquants. They have been pulling up at my house in these festering shoitpackers they call cars for ages now, i know who most of them are and so their constant deaths on the road have been strange to deal with.

The most famous of these being the 5 boys that died hitting the tree a few weeks ago. Now, my brother was in the car behind them. Was first on the scene and watched his friends die (well the three he could recognise, the other two were just goo on the windscreen)

Since that night, he has lost 7 friends on the road and yet still learned nothing... That is until last friday.
12midnight- my aunty sees him pissed in town and takes his keys, leaves him cab money.
1am- his mates have sober driver so he gets a ride with them
1:15am- Cop pulls car over. Driver has just gottnoff home detention, freaks out and takes off.
1:20am- Honda civic rolls 6 times while trying to run from police.
3:30am- Hospital calls me.
3:35am- I get to hospital. Brother is still unconsious
4am. He comes round. Is really beaten up but will be ok.

Dude...real sorry to hear that tradegy is so close to home!
Am sending positive vibes and best wishes to you and yours.

inlinefour
3rd November 2005, 18:51
I hope he does learn something. I aslo hope he is okay.

I hope they stop their wreakless behaviour.

But I can only hope

:spudwave:

and hopefully frogs brother can learn quicker than the rest b4 its too late...

NotaGoth
3rd November 2005, 18:55
froggy i'm really sorry to hear that, I do hope that for his sake he learns from all this.. sadly.. some people don't learn.. hopefully he's one of the brighter ones..

froggyfrenchman
3rd November 2005, 19:05
heres hoping

Macktheknife
3rd November 2005, 19:10
Hey Froggy, much sympathy to you and yours. I would love to hear about your bro smartening up after this experience. I know you will be trying anyway but talk some sense into him in strong terms before he also becomes a statistic. If he really loves the speed thing maybe you could help him get into kart racing or something and get him some skills to try and catch up with his ego. Best of luck anyway.

yungatart
3rd November 2005, 19:11
Froggy, sorry to hear about what you've been going through. Life can be tough and deal some pretty nasty curve balls at times (none of us are really prepared for them BTW). At the end of the day your brother will do what he wants and he will face the consequences. Not much you can do about it either except hope he learns before its too late. Thoughts are with you.

avgas
3rd November 2005, 19:17
Sorry to hear that man.
Hope he gets well soon.....and i also hope his injuries heal ;)

SPman
3rd November 2005, 19:18
Its a shit of a position to be in..(I've been there)
You can but hope it will be a wake up call - but, as you've found, you can only tell him as you see it.He has to want to change, or you're only pissing in the wind.................
Here's hoping........good luck'
SP

SPORK
3rd November 2005, 19:19
Ok, re-reading this i still don't know his age. But seriously WTF!!?!?!?

He's seen friends die, and no small amount. What the hell is the matter with these peopel@?!

TonyB
3rd November 2005, 19:26
Froggy- don't know what to say.... You must be feeling bloody frustrated. I guess this just goes to show the depth of the problem. If your bro can see what he saw, and him and his mates all have to attend 7 funerals yet they still do stupid shit, it just makes you wonder what the hell it would take to make them see reason.

froggyfrenchman
3rd November 2005, 19:49
Ok, re-reading this i still don't know his age. But seriously WTF!!?!?!?

He's seen friends die, and no small amount. What the hell is the matter with these peopel@?!

hes 16. and a slow learner it would sem

SPORK
3rd November 2005, 20:02
Ya guess?

Sorry, but after seeing that much destruction at the hands of their own stupidity, I doubt there's much hope.

I wish him all the best.

froggyfrenchman
3rd November 2005, 20:06
Thats exactly how i see it omgwtfbbq. What they have seen and been through is so much stronger than anything we could ever tell them

SPORK
3rd November 2005, 20:16
Thats exactly how i see it omgwtfbbq. What they have seen and been through is so much stronger than anything we could ever tell them
Woh, you agree?!

I was expecting flaming, but I'm glad to see I got it right.

Have you tried talking to him? Tell him that he's a dick if he doesn't pull his head in?

Just wondering, for purely acedemic reasons, could you please describe his tastes in music, friends, etc?

froggyfrenchman
3rd November 2005, 20:20
Music- Rap/hiphop
Friends- The ones he brings home are ok, the people he is seen with in town are scum sucking bottom feeders.
Wasnt really into cars till bout a month ago, just an obsession that developed from the company he keeps.

Basically, there were no reasons to set off alarm bells as to who he hangs around with or what he was doing till after his mates started dieing so quickly.

SPORK
3rd November 2005, 20:30
Hmm, just as I suspected.

Well, just hope he survives...

RiderInBlack
3rd November 2005, 20:40
Sorry for you and the families of these dudes. Probably a message in this for those of us that like to ride our bikes fast too, aye:o

SuperDave
3rd November 2005, 20:57
Well your brother just needs to start using his head a bit to be honest. If after this he still doesn't see what he is getting himself into then I dunno what else would make him change.

Makes you wonder just how real these 'friends' of his are doesn't it?

It must be shit for you seeing your brother assosciated with all this crap and being dissapointed in what he does, shit to see your mom have to see it as well. Hopefully this recent thing will make him open his eyes.

onearmedbandit
3rd November 2005, 23:37
Not much more that I can add to this froggy that hasn't already been said. Hope your brother and his friends have learnt something from this, I know history will show otherwise, but hopefully they realise the consequences of their actions. Youth is wasted on the young.