PDA

View Full Version : Full Custom Built NSR250 MC21

NSR-Dan
3rd November 2005, 19:16
Well a few may of see a few pics here and there.

this is my thread that i will post udates on how far along i will be.

the plan is to build a full race spec 300cc NSR

and register it for the road
(and i dont want to hear about how it will be uneconomical bla bla bla, cause i really dont care)

so far i have the fairings from Tyga Performance, which is based on the rs250rw style, and incorperates Tygas own light design.
the front wheel hugger is a carbon fibre one from coerce racing.

i have lightened aluminium frame parts like meter and fairing stays, and subframe, and battery box

lightened clip on handle bars from sensai racing and rc racing steering damper
quarter turn throttle, with ducati hand controls (im goin to use the ignition start button as a nos switch, as i dont need it due to being a kick start)

Brakes are from a ducati, Brembo goldline calipers, 16mm brembo master cylinder, brembo SS Lines, and brembo rear caliper and cylinder with HRC reseviour, the front rotors are also from tyga, and are cast-iron semi floaters
And the rear Sets are From Battle Tech Racing in Japan

SS Gp Style Chambers with C/F mufflers.

The frame and swingarm are painted black with a silver pearl.
The Wheels are painted black with a gold pearl and and are wrapped with a pair if Metzlers

Well thats so far

all i need to do is finish rebuilding the engine which i got off a bike i brought in from japan for $2000.

have new cranks and the bottom end has been replated, all top end will be new, 2x 150cc cylinders, which are of the NSR150. (the heads bolt right upto the 250 block), which will make it, yes a 300c.

im thinking of buying a original HRC F3 Radiator, but not sure as they cost a mint, or should i get a custom made?? tel me what you think

all it comes down to now is funds lol, which im a bit low on.

SPORK
3rd November 2005, 19:23
Oooh, Tyga fairings!

Please, I demand pics. And I wish you all the best with your awesome project! Please keep us updated.

Coyote
3rd November 2005, 19:28
Thats what I want to do with a RVF400! Buy cheap and replace everything

Need photos now!

Back Fire
3rd November 2005, 19:41
how much has it cost you so far?

NSR-Dan
3rd November 2005, 20:05
how much has it cost you so far?

about $7000 so far

estimated about 10000-12000

thats a guess though, i have no idea

justsomeguy
3rd November 2005, 21:15
WOW :done:

Look forward to seeing it when it's finished.

Love custom bikes -- so much :love: goes into building them :2thumbsup

SuperDave
3rd November 2005, 21:15
That is looking really good man. Keep us updated on the progress, I really want to see it once its completed. :niceone:

sAsLEX
3rd November 2005, 22:41
mint well should be when finished! whats the overall color scheme going to be?

NSR-Dan
4th November 2005, 12:28
whats the overall color scheme going to be?

not sure,

im gettin chuckys custom painting to do it for me, they did the wheels and swing arm.

probably candy silver, with an air brushed design

R6_kid
4th November 2005, 12:37
wanna do my bike next...

Matt Bleck
4th November 2005, 13:12
mate that looks awesome.

What sorta horse power you expecting to get??

NSR-Dan
4th November 2005, 22:27
mate that looks awesome.

What sorta horse power you expecting to get??

a 300cc kit with chambers, airbox, hi flow reeds, big jets ect.

tyga did a dyno with there bike and they claim it bing just over 70hp.
how ever they didnt put the 300cc kit on a reuilt eninge, they just threw on the new heads and pistons and tuned it, and theres wasnt nitros,
if hoping to get in the high 70's maybe early 80's.
im also working out if i could modify the air intake and build a ram-air system.

NSR-Dan
5th November 2005, 11:50
Just to et some people know.

that i have been in contact with paul from tyga performance for a while, and i have been given the rights as the direct importer of tyga performance parts in New Zealand, you can still go directly to there website and order from there, but if you dont want to be stung by unexpected import and custom fee's and wondering if you will get your parts or not, then you can come to me.

all prices will be in $nz and have GST added. you may notice that tyga dont have gst added to there prices but you have to pay it when the parts com into the country anyway.(found that out when i brought all my stuff in)

i will have a website up in the next few weeks at
http://www.ds-performance.co.nz

will have TYGA parts on my site and some other racing parts for various other bikes from brands like sensai racing and coerce,
and my project will be on it of course lol

I will Keep you all updated

sAsLEX
5th November 2005, 12:35
hmmm NC30 greatness (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=18231)

Coyote
5th November 2005, 12:47
That's awesome NSR-Dan. Maybe when I get a bit more money in the near future I'll get some stuff. What stuff will you be getting in stock?

NSR-Dan
5th November 2005, 21:11
not sure yet

as im not the richist, ill be ordering on behalf at the moment, but anything that tyga supply, coerce parts, anything for an mc21/28 nsr, if you want somehitng in particular i can source it for you and give you a quote

after the nsr is finished, i might be movin on to a NC35 or R1, duno yet

SPORK
5th November 2005, 21:34
Well in the not too distant future I think I'll be getting an RGV250. I'm paticulary interested in the Tyga exhausts. Reckon you'd get some in?

NSR-Dan
5th November 2005, 22:18
yeah i could get some in, depends on what type you are looking at,
SS or steel
side by side or gp style
with or with out mufflers

SPORK
5th November 2005, 22:23
Well I don't know yet. This would be in mebbe 6-8 months, I guess.

White trash
6th November 2005, 07:11
The best thing about this build? It appears to be being done in the boys bedroom as all great builds are. Thanks for posting your progress thus far Dan, it's very interesting and well done for undertaking something a little different. Looking forward to future updates. :niceone:

SPORK
6th November 2005, 09:33
http://www.tyga-performance.com/pages/tygaNSR300.php

I assume that's what inspired you? Good stuff.

thealmightytaco
6th November 2005, 13:45
Those are some sweet fairings, gonna have to look into something like that for my MC16. Sweet sweet project.

NSR-Dan
7th November 2005, 12:44
i would say i was inspired by the 300cc

i was actully inspired before pics of that bike were even posted on there site

i was interested in what the kit looked like as they were selling it but hadnt completed a bike with it on.
so i emailed paul the owner of tyga and he sent a few pics of his personal bike the blue one in the telefonica paint job, before he had the tail section on, and thats what started me drooling.

and yes im building it my my room, i live in the garage but its still in my room.
now i can lye in bed and drool. hehehehehe

Badcat
18th November 2005, 15:44
i would say i was inspired by the 300cc

i was actully inspired before pics of that bike were even posted on there site

i was interested in what the kit looked like as they were selling it but hadnt completed a bike with it on.
so i emailed paul the owner of tyga and he sent a few pics of his personal bike the blue one in the telefonica paint job, before he had the tail section on, and thats what started me drooling.

and yes im building it my my room, i live in the garage but its still in my room.
now i can lye in bed and drool. hehehehehe

it looks incredible!
more pics!
more pics!!
more pics!

SimJen
18th November 2005, 21:38
a 300cc kit with chambers, airbox, hi flow reeds, big jets ect.
tyga did a dyno with there bike and they claim it bing just over 70hp.
how ever they didnt put the 300cc kit on a reuilt eninge, they just threw on the new heads and pistons and tuned it, and theres wasnt nitros,
if hoping to get in the high 70's maybe early 80's.
im also working out if i could modify the air intake and build a ram-air system.

You'll need RS Pistons/ignition etc too get 80hp+ out of it..... Not worth the effort as they have a very limited life. Your NSR will be light as and it'll be more fun ringing it out and riding it to the limit without worrying if it will grenade itself. 70ish is not to be sneezed at in a bike that will weigh 130odd kilos.

NSR-Dan
19th November 2005, 20:44
i now the tyga 300cc was about 70 something, so i hope with nos i hope i can get a little extra.

Test Pilot
26th November 2005, 22:33
Wicked, looking forward to seeing the end result. Good Luck

nsrpaul
27th November 2005, 10:29
i now the tyga 300cc was about 70 something, so i hope with nos i hope i can get a little extra.
nos on a nsr!? , if ya wnna do that , i think your missing the point of a two stroke 250, if ya just want to go fast in a straight line save ya self the hassle and buy a 1000

nsrpaul
27th November 2005, 10:30
and you will melt it

zeRax
29th November 2005, 20:15
holy fucking shit :E, vids when its done plz, i want to see this thing ring out on nos haha, damn

NSR-Dan
30th November 2005, 00:00
nos on a nsr!? , if ya wnna do that , i think your missing the point of a two stroke 250, if ya just want to go fast in a straight line save ya self the hassle and buy a 1000

you also must realize that nos is designed as a fuel supliment to give it more acceleration, if i want to go fast in a straight line a 1000cc would have a higher top end speed yes, but in acceleration from 0-100 the nsr can keep up.
and it will only melt it if i put more than a 10hp down the carbs, which i am not goin to do, there are alot of 90cc racing scooters that run nos, so on a 250(well 300) isnt as bad as whats out there. and you spend around $600 for some decent chambers on an nsr which will give you about an extra 10hp or so, so $400 on a sneaky pete nos system isnt a bad spend for the same amount of hp increase, and you have the choice of using it when you need it.

anyway its not all about goin fast, i want to build a custom bike that people will go wow when looking at it, and then when i say what it runs on they will go wow again, so the nos plays as a cosmetic feature on the bike aswell as the acceleration factor, (already had some positive feedback so thanks guys)

i also wana see that look on persons face when i speed away from there riced up japa on what is made out to be a 250cc.

Sniper
30th November 2005, 07:30
I also wana see that look on persons face when i speed away from there riced up japa on what is made out to be a 250cc.

Most 250's could though mate.

Sketchy_Racer
30th November 2005, 09:45
im with what NSR-DAN says its all about the 'bling' and 'go fast' factor

what sounds better??

250cc modded to 300cc with aftermarket fairings NOS tyga chambers etc

or

1000cc stock standard (boo)

its gonna be totally wicked once this bike is finshed!!

Go NSR-Dan

Coyote
30th November 2005, 10:40
what sounds better??

or

Not like a 1000cc stock standard superbike is a bad thing or anything

Not sure if this is your sorta thing but you may be interested in getting a set like this for some night riding: http://www.elwirecheap.com/moli.html

Squiggles
1st December 2005, 14:04
Not sure if this is your sorta thing but you may be interested in getting a set like this for some night riding: http://www.elwirecheap.com/moli.html

hehe, i made my own version of these :lol:

loosebruce
7th December 2005, 22:50
Bikes looking mint Dan, pauls a top bloke alright, halped me many times, congrats on getting the rights to supply TYGA bits over here, some of the fairings kits are sick, not to mention the parts mmmmmmmmm, one day when i have something called money.

All the best for the future, keep us updated.

loosebruce
7th December 2005, 22:55
On a side note, are you leaving the front end stock (brakes aside of course) and i've got a radiator of the MC28 SP if you're in need of one, i'm dropping a single into my frame (maybe) and most singles are air cooled unless i get a newer motor XR650 or the likes, even then i'll prolly end up mounting a smaller radiator, got an airbox, carbs and other bitties as well, gimme a pm if you're keen.

Counter-Steer
8th December 2005, 21:00
Can ya give us and Update Dan. I wana see more pics and things.

thehollowmen
8th December 2005, 21:22
That is very hot
very very hot

NSR-Dan
10th December 2005, 15:02
On a side note, are you leaving the front end stock (brakes aside of course) and i've got a radiator of the MC28 SP if you're in need of one, i'm dropping a single into my frame (maybe) and most singles are air cooled unless i get a newer motor XR650 or the likes, even then i'll prolly end up mounting a smaller radiator, got an airbox, carbs and other bitties as well, gimme a pm if you're keen.

airbox is moded. im thinking of cutting holes in the fairings and re-fiberglassing to make 2 vents for a ram air system. carb i have with hrc jets, and my mate sells radiators and his dad maks them, so he's building a custom 3 core alu one for it. only thing standard on the front end is the forks and the triples, everything else is custom, the front wheel is a wider one of a CBR400, custom clipon bars and the throtle os a 1/4 turn of a tzr, and the controls are of a ducati (i wanted the start button as a nos switch)

NSR-Dan
10th December 2005, 15:05
sorry people have to put the project on hold for a month because of funds lol

but i have some paint and im painting the fairings a basic colour (silver) for now. it will have a repaint (black), incorperating the shoei diabolic design airbrushed.

will have updates when re painted

The_Dover
10th December 2005, 18:23
and it will only melt it if i put more than a 10hp down the carbs, which i am not goin to do, there are alot of 90cc racing scooters that run nos, so on a 250(well 300)

what scooters are these?

-TEXMO

_intense_
14th December 2005, 09:15
thats the HORN, :buggerd: nice project man, how was the transaction with TYGA, smooth as the babys proverbial? what sort of turn around time, and how was the packing? curiouse as im keen for a set for my 250rr what manner of paint will you be wrapping her up in?

NSR-Dan
15th December 2005, 22:12
thats the HORN, :buggerd: nice project man, how was the transaction with TYGA, smooth as the babys proverbial? what sort of turn around time, and how was the packing? curiouse as im keen for a set for my 250rr what manner of paint will you be wrapping her up in?

everything good from tyga, they made a mistake with the screen (wrong one), but pauls a good bloke and sent the right one for free.
shipping is usually.

the CBR250rr kit will be in production soon and i will have it listed on trade me soon. i go by the alias, aj_ant, and all the tyga items on there are sold by me.

the paint will be custom, based on the Shoei Diabolic 2 design (as i have this helmet and want the bike to match) black with airbrushed design.

And the question before about nos'd 2 stroke scooters, i saw this in an american motorbike mag, had instructions how to do it with the nos sneaky pete system. they did it with a 10hp shot, on a 36hp racing scooter. noted it also pulled power wheelies when the button is hit.

loosebruce
23rd December 2005, 16:25
airbox is moded. im thinking of cutting holes in the fairings and re-fiberglassing to make 2 vents for a ram air system. carb i have with hrc jets, and my mate sells radiators and his dad maks them, so he's building a custom 3 core alu one for it. only thing standard on the front end is the forks and the triples, everything else is custom, the front wheel is a wider one of a CBR400, custom clipon bars and the throtle os a 1/4 turn of a tzr, and the controls are of a ducati (i wanted the start button as a nos switch)

Cool man, the standard airbox is almost beyond a joke, with the wider front wheel you should be able to fit a 120/70 and then the world is your oyster in sticky tyre terms, not sure on front guard clearance though.
Standard forks are pretty damn good, and easy to be made better.

Hope some coin floats your way soon so you can finish it off.

SimJen
23rd December 2005, 18:32
what sounds better??

or

Well i'd say A kit barrels and pistons/rings from a RS250 GP Bike.
Total loss RS ignition with a tiny gel cell for powering the lights/wofs
Then 80hp+ without dodgy nos.
Personally nos is a little bit gay ricer, fast and the furious shit.....

k14
23rd December 2005, 18:53
Well i'd say A kit barrels and pistons/rings from a RS250 GP Bike.
Total loss RS ignition with a tiny gel cell for powering the lights/wofs
Then 80hp+ without dodgy nos.
Personally nos is a little bit gay ricer, fast and the furious shit.....
But then you'd have to replate the barrels every 2000km (best case scenario) which costs around $500 per barrel, sounding to sound expensive now aye. And thats after you get some A kit barrels for a RS250, they'll set ya back $2000+ in the first place.

SimJen
24th December 2005, 09:30
But then you'd have to replate the barrels every 2000km (best case scenario) which costs around $500 per barrel, sounding to sound expensive now aye. And thats after you get some A kit barrels for a RS250, they'll set ya back $2000+ in the first place.

Yeah but the cost of seizing your NSR when you run the nitrous will keep the price up there. Its not going to be a cheap bike to run. The 300 kit will get it up to 75hp or so which will give a lot of bigger bikes a run for its money, especially when the road get twisty.
Either way, NSR's rock. I had one for years.

NSR-Dan
30th December 2005, 22:00
another pic i took today, you can see i havent done much lol

NSR-Dan
30th December 2005, 22:04
here is the pic, did work before for some reason

skidMark
30th December 2005, 23:02
you put a tyga sticker on ...? or was that there before? :pinch:

in all seriousness ....should be awesome mate :niceone:

NSR-Dan
31st December 2005, 00:37
nope i put the sticker on it.

that pick was taken just before i got a pen and marked out the tribal designs, that im going to hand paint myself.

Sketchy_Racer
31st December 2005, 09:29
:lol: :lol: that would have to be the worst applied sticker i have seen for a while,

Squiggles
31st December 2005, 09:35
interesting steering dampers... what brand are they?

Bren_chch
31st December 2005, 10:45
looking forward to seeing more completed work, i love the nsr.

cheers

NSR-Dan
4th January 2006, 22:17
:lol: :lol: that would have to be the worst applied sticker i have seen for a while,

hahahaha. yeah i slaped it on there cause i have so many of them, it just came off today cause its being painted.

NSR-Dan
4th January 2006, 22:27
interesting steering dampers... what brand are they?

i bought the steering damper from a company in japan called RC engineering.
they make alot of items for the nsr, along with the rear sets on my bike.

Korea
3rd May 2006, 16:36
Time for another update on the TYGA / NSR300 Dan - where's it at now???
Got any more pix? :wait:

cowpoos
3rd May 2006, 20:00
and those fairings look like the shit...

R6_kid
5th May 2006, 20:33
and those fairings look like the shit...

might be a honda but im with poos on this one.

Mr. Peanut
5th May 2006, 21:00
=D My NSR is gonna look much the same, DAN's bringing in the fairings for me, same front fairings but with a carbon fibre guard, and stock tail :rockon: That makes two of these bodykits in NZ, should be funny when people try and figure out what it is.

Im not gonna go 300cc though, maybe soem carbon reed valves and a gp exhaust next ( its an ex race bike so its already pretty fast) :yes:

Dan's bike tho.... WOW those are some serious mechanicals U got there!!!

UrbanMyth
15th May 2006, 15:59
wow very cool man i wish i had spare money around to do the same.

Fluffy Cat
17th May 2006, 09:39
Dont bother with the carbon reeds, they make no difference and no difference on the dyno either. Use the stock honda ones with HRC stuffers and spacers.

Mr. Peanut
17th May 2006, 22:32
Bah, fast enough for now I reckon, Ill do a rebuild first. Standard pipes are pretty good and mine are cut anyways :headbang:

NSR-Dan
22nd May 2006, 00:35
THE LATEST UPDATE. (sorry im working inbetween 2 projects here, also doing up a mini that will be turbo, but thats done to a point at the moment where cant do much for now, so back to the bike)

Decided to revamp the whole idea what to do and decided to scrap nos, (sorry to disapoint you guys).
Im now having TYGA build an engine for me, a very high spec 300cc engine with hp estimated in the 80hp reigon. i also just scored the last set of Brembo GP spec titanuim calipers and GP radial master cylinder from Jamie in japan, and he is also sending some RS250 forks to shed a few KG's of that front end (also means i will have a custom front end with carbon fender, custom painted forks and sensai clipons for sale.)

A few extra parts coming are:
Custom Triple's
Fork brace.
Gold stem nut
Preload adjusters.
DOT Approved braided lines.
HRC F3 radiator.
also decided to send a pic with the fairings painted, this is a cheap job for round the street, gona have another set airbrushed for when this bike goes on show in the future.

also would like some feed back on what i should do for the bike.

NSR-Dan
22nd May 2006, 00:45
Dont bother with the carbon reeds, they make no difference and no difference on the dyno either. Use the stock honda ones with HRC stuffers and spacers.

Carobon reeds add throttle response (not HP) and are alot more durable than stock reeds. but yeah fluffy is right you would be better off putting high flow reed valves with HRC stuffer.

http://www.dsracing.co.nz/store/performance/TPER-0001.html

Mr. Peanut
22nd May 2006, 06:36
OMG that looks incredible! :rockon:
Perhaps some people here would be interested in know precisly how much a set of brembo GP calipers goes for :blip:

Keep it street legal if you can, I'd be interested to see what sort of lap times a top rider could get on it :first:

Gazman
27th May 2006, 21:02
that is one awesome looking nsr bro, awesome stuff!

Jamezo
27th May 2006, 21:26
bloody oath! that's an incredibly sweet bike.

Matt Bleck
27th May 2006, 23:04
she's coming along nicely there dan :niceone:

NSR-Dan
5th June 2006, 01:55
oh a set of brembos go for around $1000 and thats US so about $1800NZ for 2 calipers. also getting Showa RS250RSW USD shocks and a ohlines rear.

texmo
5th June 2006, 09:42
Its a lot of money to be sinking into something you will be able to ride once a month. I still cant wait to see it up and running though.

Counter-Steer
17th June 2006, 22:33
Good on ya Mate.
Not many people tend to want to do up the smaller bikes, although so many people love them.
If you read the Auzzie or English bike mags, Rapid and PB, they are all about the Thous and older customs. The exception is the April Proformance Bike that had a TYGA kitted NSR as cover bike. Is shown on the TYGA web site.
What you are doing is great Dan, a complete build, nothing else will need doing once you have finished.
I wanted to do the same with my MC22, but I think I will end up just doing the rear fairing, and doing a complete built on either the VFR or RVF 400.
Keep it up, and let us know how its going, lots of people are interested.

Cheers

Edbear
17th June 2006, 22:39
Nice work! Look forward to the completed bike!

Brett
18th June 2006, 18:04
Damn that is one very very nice looking bike. I really like the Tyga fairings. It is gonna be one fast road/race bike.

NSR-Dan
18th June 2006, 23:53
Hey People i have added a gallery to my we page with infor and pics of my bike.

www.DSracing.co.nz

just click on links and it will take you there

R6_kid
19th June 2006, 21:55
very pimply **where the engine?**

NSR-Dan
19th June 2006, 23:16
being built. i have all the extras like the reed block, exhausts, carbs ect. the intitial block is being bult by matt patterson at TYGA who engineered alot bikes for MOTOPG riders when they race in the GP250 league.

the plan is to get around 80hp out of the engine and still make it reliable enough to be driven as a street bike.

placidfemme
20th June 2006, 14:38
wow, that looks awesome... love the tyga fairings... can't wait to see the finished project!

{.bLanK}G_o_D
5th January 2010, 16:28
Diggin out old threads here.
Did you ever finish this project Dan?

{.bLanK}G_o_D
5th January 2010, 16:29
oops double post.

Slyer
5th January 2010, 17:01
Diggin out old threads here.
Did you ever finish this project Dan?

This one?
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/album.php?albumid=2610&attachmentid=180279

{.bLanK}G_o_D
5th January 2010, 18:28
Yep looked at that. It is called "My Old NSR250SE" so I assume he never got the 300cc motor done?