PDA

View Full Version : new biker

Pillick
3rd November 2005, 23:00
Hey guys,

I recently decided my life was getting pretty boring and felt like having a 1/4 life crisis, so I've decided to get into this biking thing. I love my car and all (probably a little too much) but shes getting too high maintenance with petrol prices these days. So I'm going to cheat on her for a few months while I get my learners out of the way then flick her off. heartless.

Just bought a shiny fxr 150 (will pick it up this weekend) - figure I'll learn the ropes on her then go for something like a cbr250 later on. I narrowly missed diving straight into a tzr250 but from the sounds of it that would be a bad, bad idea. I've only ever been on one other bike - a 400cc dirt bike which I barely controllably wheeleed the very first time I got on it. Was pretty stoked with my performance at the time, but need to take it slow from now on I think.

So, any one else in hams cheating on thier mistresses and learning to ride this summer? Would be keen for a ride once I've got myself sorted. Till then, if you see a noob wobling his way around the uni car park, that will be me.

Dadpole
3rd November 2005, 23:04
Welcome to KB. What does a 1/4 life crisis feel like? Never had one myself.

Waylander
3rd November 2005, 23:05
Get ahold of a guy called Pathos on here mate, he's not as new as you but somewhat. Though be carefull cause it may have been him you nearly hit lol. Be glad it wasn't me that would certainly have upset you lol. Just a heads up but you're gonna get heaps of shit for admiting nearly hitting a biker.

And welcome to the site. :niceone:

transformerboy
3rd November 2005, 23:13
welcome 2 a new world of speed! iv just startd myself, wel not really been riding dirt bikes 4 years but just got on the road! u'l wana get off that fxr as soon as pos tho!

Pillick
3rd November 2005, 23:23
Waylander - huh? I was talking about BUYING a tzr, not running over one... as in - "diving into the deep end..." Never had any close calls with bikers, honest.

Dadpole - Feels like a midlife crisis I guess - lots of self analysis, culminating in deliberate decisions to do stupid things. Only difference in getting it over with early is it doesnt involve a toupee, and it has to be done on a tighter budget.

Waylander
3rd November 2005, 23:26
Pfft, sorry mate. Read it wrong, been an odd week for me but upcoming weekend should fix everything...

roks
4th November 2005, 17:11
well I went the whole hog and had a complete mid life crisis and shouted myself a GZ250 then worried about learning to ride her later on :laugh:

Mrs Old Farts
5th November 2005, 07:06
well I went the whole hog and had a complete mid life crisis and shouted myself a GZ250 then worried about learning to ride her later on :laugh:

Ditto I did the exact same thing, bought the GZ, sat it in the garage looking real sweat then panicked about learning to ride it. These mid life crisis can be a real problem :whistle: but now Ive done it and feel quiet proud of myself for achieving my goal.

zadok
5th November 2005, 10:19
Welcome to K.B mate. Have a great time with the bike.

yungatart
5th November 2005, 10:27
Ditto I did the exact same thing, bought the GZ, sat it in the garage looking real sweat then panicked about learning to ride it. These mid life crisis can be a real problem :whistle: but now Ive done it and feel quiet proud of myself for achieving my goal.
Hmmm - maybe its a woman thing then cos I did the same, only mines a kawasaki el250. Tis a great feeling to sort your crises out!
Welcome and enjoy your learning curve!

Pillick
8th November 2005, 08:50
woot! picked the bike up on sunday, isnt she bootiful?

[IMG] http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/customprofilepics/profilepic4260_1.gif [\IMG]

Allready had one fall - combination of wet grass, road tyres and not used to the clutch >.< no damage, thankfully, and it gave me a good laugh.

Whats this crap about women having mid-life crises? Come on, thats not possible - you dont have the hormones for it, or something like that. Now get back in the kitchen and stop trying to hijack our fun. :nono:

judgeshock
8th November 2005, 08:52
Very nice bike for your first ride, enjoy it to the max and take care.:banana: :2thumbsup :spudguita

WRT
8th November 2005, 08:53
Nice bike, glad to hear you got your first "drop" out the way without any damage! Wet grass on road tyres isnt really a good look . . .

SuperDave
8th November 2005, 09:04
FXR's are great starting bike, heaps of fun when you learn to ride them to their max. Would recommend you get a set of bt39ss fitted as it will turn it into a whole new bike that will stick to the road like shit to a blanket. Welcome to the site.

phoenixgtr
8th November 2005, 14:01
Hey man. Nice bike I got myself an FXR a month ago. Its silver too but mines still got the cheesy stickers all over it. Have thought about taking them off but wasn't sure what it would look like without them. I noticed yours doesn't have them. Do you have any other pics of your bike so I can see the difference. Cheers and welcome

RnB Fan
8th November 2005, 14:36
Yeah welcome to the site. I looked at an FXR for my first purchase but chickened out as I had (have) never ridden a road bike so bought a Suzuki DR instead. Happy riding and be safe!

Unit
9th November 2005, 20:51
Welcome to KB. I truely had my midlife crisis and bought the Duke before turning 40. Now into the next decade and bloody pleased Im still playing with my toys. Never looked back. Love the daylight evening after work at the moment. Managed a squirt tonight, its a great way to get rid of the day.:rockon:

Sketchy_Racer
10th November 2005, 16:16
hey man welcome to kb you will love this site!! its awesome!!

you wont regret buying the FXR coolest little bike ever me thinks ans as posted make sure you have some real rubber on it not the rim protectors it comes with

have fun and keep the black stuff down and the smile on your face :)

Cheers, Glenn

marty
10th November 2005, 19:50
Now into the next decade and bloody pleased Im still playing with my toys. Never looked back. Love the daylight evening after work at the moment. Managed a squirt tonight, its a great way to get rid of the day.:rockon:

and you're also enjoying riding your bike???

MissSniper
15th November 2005, 12:00
Hey Pillick im a newbee to just got myself a FZR250. i go for my liscence on wednesday. all the best. you'll have some real fun a long driveway is a good place to learn too.

Sniper
15th November 2005, 12:59
Hey Pillick im a newbee to just got myself a FZR250. i go for my liscence on wednesday. all the best. you'll have some real fun a long driveway is a good place to learn too.

When I get home, Im going to bring out the dictionary.

Sniper
15th November 2005, 13:00
Welcome BTW.

(Why can't I edit my posts?)

Colapop
15th November 2005, 13:05
When I get home, Im going to bring out the dictionary. first 6000 and then that??!!??

Miss Sniper? Surely not a relative - two of them on the road (oops) sorry - in here!

I had a mid life crisis and a 1/4, 1/3, 1/5 Oh what the hell my whole just been lurching from one crisis to the next!

Welocome all, enjoy the sights and site, n n nutters and noobies!

Sniper
15th November 2005, 13:53
first 6000 and then that??!!??

Miss Sniper? Surely not a relative - two of them on the road (oops) sorry - in here!

No idea what you mean, but yep. Miss Sniper and I are "together". Its just a pity she doesn't share the same intellectual capacity as myself. But the always say the beautiful girls go for the brainy guys....... :yes:

cowboyz
15th November 2005, 14:14
I never liked the look of the fxr150. jsut seemed tobe something wrong about it for my tastes. BUT that is one sexy bike. Loving the solid silver..