PDA

View Full Version : Hes a brave man

texmo
4th November 2005, 07:52
Well he left last night at about 10pm due hamilton, then down the the ferry by 6:30 and off to queenstown for work on sunday morning, Thats a long way on 10" wheels I mean taupo is a LONG way on a scooter when your looking at crusing below 100 on the motorway most of the time. Sad to see the old beast, otherwise knowen as snfiter by all my friends go. Spankme I have $200 for you, Gimmie your address and I will drop some cash off....

bugjuice
4th November 2005, 08:08
fuk, your lil' ol' scoot is desine for Queenstown and riding from here?
dunno if that's brave or stupid.. good luck to 'em both!

ManDownUnder
4th November 2005, 08:20
Why does this remind me of the citroen thread - where the woman drove it in first gear for 200kms...?

texmo
4th November 2005, 20:58
Maby because it blew? nah this scooter should be sweet as long as he dosent load the motor up into head winds and uphills, its a good bike and will do another 80,000kms if looked after if not you can still get another50-60 out of it...

froggyfrenchman
5th November 2005, 21:30
That is a brave man. no doubt about it!

Squiggles
7th November 2005, 10:34
dont suppose u told him to phone you if he managed to get there?

zooter
7th November 2005, 18:16
Home safe and almost sound, pretty knackered all day at work yesterday but feeling fitter today. The beast held up at almost full throttle all the way. The winds made it a lot more work than it would have otherwise been. Tailwinds down the east coast of SI were a welcome change from permanent headwinds in the north.

crashe
7th November 2005, 18:37
Glad you made it all the way home and all in one piece...

Thats a long way to ride on a scooter....:banana: :banana:

texmo
8th November 2005, 15:51
Bloody long ride good on ya zooter, glade the scooter held up for you you can probbly run it a lot leaner now that your back there, send me a PM with the stuff that you want from retro-scooter and I will send it down to you if you so desire.

Squiggles
9th November 2005, 17:44
is that more distance in less time than the grand challenge???