PDA

View Full Version : Do naked bikes count as avatars containing nudity?

Solarwind
18th February 2004, 15:09
Hi everyone, I followed Cheetor and Kasper in here. I've been riding since 1996, my current love interest is a 1999 Kawasaki ER-5, which I bought new as my 2nd bike (first was a 1990 Kawasaki GPX/Ninja 250R, which would be a great learner bike if not for the cost of repairing the fairing when you drop it). For my next bike I'm dreaming of something large and naked like a Zephyr 1100, although I really hate the bikini fairing on the newer models (UGLY). I'm a bit of a retro freak. I don't wear anything as stylish as a tiger suit, although I do have a red and black Aerostich Roadcrafter 1-piece I imported from the US. I moved down to Taupo from Hamilton in June last year, and haven't met any riders here who still have bikes, and I prefer riding them to standing around talking about them :P If anyone is in the Taupo area and wants to go riding, gimme a yell, there are some fun roads down here (the road from Taupo to Turangi is great fun even if it IS SH1).

Hitcher
18th February 2004, 15:30
Welcome to the Pleasuredome! Naked is good and naked Kawasakis are even better! The ER-5 is a nice bike. Although it is a bit outclassed by the current crop of 650s performance-wise (the SV650 is a sweet package, if you like a high, hard seat and want some trellis to plant a rose against), it certainly looks the goods! Stunning in silver...

Solarwind
18th February 2004, 15:51
I fell in love with my ER-5 on the showroom floor, it was the silver and chrome--shiny! Traded my Ninja in on it on the spot, basically. I was fooling myself if I thought I could resist a bigger bike once I got my full license :P Although I've had the rear bearings and the headlight (it pointed the wrong way!) replaced under warranty, it's been otherwise pretty reliable. It cruises along at 150kph along SH1 through the forests down into Taupo easily enough, which might not sound that insane to the R1 riders here, until you consider how heavily the police patrol that bit of road looking for people like me ;)

MD
18th February 2004, 18:15
Choice bike the ER5. My bikes over the years yo-yo in size, usually because of the $$$ (lack of). Her-in-doors needed to change cars some yrs ago so I dumped the Harley (best bike decision I ever made that) and nabbed an ER5. Never failed to please, never missed a beat. Can't remember ever putting petrol or tyres on it ??? funny that. One of the most under-rated and overlooked wonders in the bike kingdom. Good on ya and lucky you with the Taupo roads at your back door
-Mark D

Zed
18th February 2004, 21:32
Hi everyone, I followed Cheetor and Kasper in here. I've been riding since 1996, my current love interest is a 1999 Kawasaki ER-5, which I bought new as my 2nd bike (first was a 1990 Kawasaki GPX/Ninja 250R, which would be a great learner bike if not for the cost of repairing the fairing when you drop it). For my next bike I'm dreaming of something large and naked like a Zephyr 1100, although I really hate the bikini fairing on the newer models (UGLY). I'm a bit of a retro freak. I don't wear anything as stylish as a tiger suit, although I do have a red and black Aerostich Roadcrafter 1-piece I imported from the US. I moved down to Taupo from Hamilton in June last year, and haven't met any riders here who still have bikes, and I prefer riding them to standing around talking about them :P If anyone is in the Taupo area and wants to go riding, gimme a yell, there are some fun roads down here (the road from Taupo to Turangi is great fun even if it IS SH1).
Hi guy & welcome.

A mate of mine had a red/black GPX Ninja 250 as his first bike...he also found out how much they cost to repair! :shutup:

There's a nutcase on this site who zooms around your area on a 2003 GSXR600 Alstare Corona, calls himself ching_ching! Get in touch with him, rumor has it he's a nice guy?

Zed

Firefight
19th February 2004, 13:55

Hey SW, Andrew and I come down that way for day rides, would be keen to meet up for a ride, are you available for weekday rides ?

Firefight :wacko:

Solarwind
19th February 2004, 14:06
Hey SW, Andrew and I come down that way for day rides, would be keen to meet up for a ride, are you available for weekday rides ?

Firefight :wacko:

Sadly I'm at work 8:30am-5:30pm 5 days a week fixing broken computers ;)

Firefight
19th February 2004, 14:11
Sadly I'm at work 8:30am-5:30pm 5 days a week fixing broken computers ;)

Ah, now thats what sick leave is for ! :cool:

F/F

Solarwind
19th February 2004, 14:15
Ah, now thats what sick leave is for ! :cool:

F/F

"My knee's been acting up, I need time off to get it down" :innocent:

jrandom
19th February 2004, 14:21
my current love interest is a 1999 Kawasaki ER-5

Ah, the industrial cooking motorcycle :p

Not a bad machine at all.

Oh, and welcome to the site, and all that :banana:

curious george
19th February 2004, 17:24
Why do you say they are so expensive to fix? I presume this is compared to any other bike? www.justfairings.co.nz have complete sets for $450. My brother crashed his, and being a cheapskate just fixed it himself, but the other stuff wasn't expensive. So, what is?

Whoops, thread hijack.
Oh, Hello, welcome to kiwi biker too! :ride:

ching_ching
19th February 2004, 18:26
If anyone is in the Taupo area and wants to go riding, gimme a yell, there are some fun roads down here (the road from Taupo to Turangi is great fun even if it IS SH1).

Howzits Solarwind,

I'm in Turangi. Usually go lonewolf but don't mind hooking up now and then if that's alright with you. Also depends on the shiftwork bro. Best bet is PM me then I can say yea or nay depending on my shift. Hope that's cool.

ching_ching

Two Smoker
19th February 2004, 18:26
Why do you say they are so expensive to fix? I presume this is compared to any other bike? www.justfairings.co.nz (http://www.justfairings.co.nz/) have complete sets for $450. My brother crashed his, and being a cheapskate just fixed it himself, but the other stuff wasn't expensive. So, what is?

Whoops, thread hijack.
The cost for the lower right cowling on a CBR1100XX is $764 alone:disapint: :weep: Now who reakons thts expensive??? (ofcourse exclude all carbon fibre)

Lesson Learned...... Dont drop a Super Blackbird lol

ching_ching
19th February 2004, 18:40
There's a nutcase on this site who zooms around your area on a 2003 GSXR600 Alstare Corona, calls himself ching_ching!

Hehehehehe. Hole in one Zed, you're on to it. :Punk:

Ms Piggy
19th February 2004, 22:15
I moved down to Taupo from Hamilton in June last year, and haven't met any riders here who still have bikes, and I prefer riding them to standing around talking about them :P If anyone is in the Taupo area and wants to go riding, gimme a yell, there are some fun roads down here (the road from Taupo to Turangi is great fun even if it IS SH1).

You just missed out on some riding :D Oh...I see you would have been working anyway.

It's a fun bit of road alright, if ya don't get stuck behind a truck :disapint:

Solarwind
20th February 2004, 07:48
Why do you say they are so expensive to fix? I presume this is compared to any other bike? www.justfairings.co.nz have complete sets for $450. My brother crashed his, and being a cheapskate just fixed it himself, but the other stuff wasn't expensive. So, what is?

Whoops, thread hijack.

I dropped the Ninja on a tight gravelly intersection (in 1997), and was quoted $3700 in repairs, for a bike I had bought for $4000 :P Got it plastic-welded for a fraction of that. Would be nice if I had known about that site back then, but you have to consider that most beginners wouldn't know where to look beyond their bike shop anyway.

Solarwind
20th February 2004, 07:53
Howzits Solarwind,

I'm in Turangi. Usually go lonewolf but don't mind hooking up now and then if that's alright with you. Also depends on the shiftwork bro. Best bet is PM me then I can say yea or nay depending on my shift. Hope that's cool.

ching_ching

Sounds good. Got any favourite routes in the area? I have an (autographed, no less) copy of Peter Mitchell's "Great Escapes" guide (http://www.mcycle.co.nz/) :shifty:

ching_ching
20th February 2004, 13:34
Sounds good. Got any favourite routes in the area? I have an (autographed, no less) copy of Peter Mitchell's "Great Escapes" guide (http://www.mcycle.co.nz/) :shifty:

I don't know about favs around the area, but if I want a quick scratch and get some air up my snoz, I shoot around Lake Rotoaira, otherwise I like to shoot out West to Taumaranui and back or shoot straight thru taking the back road back home thru Nattie Park. If I wants some Macs or KFC then it's off to Taupo I go and we both know those 3 corners are always good (as long as you aren't stuck behind traffic or going over the edge and into the lake, aye bro?).

Once the roadworks are done South I'll start shooting down to Waiouru for some fish and chips brudder! :2thumbsup

ching_ching

Solarwind
20th February 2004, 14:17
I don't know about favs around the area, but if I want a quick scratch and get some air up my snoz, I shoot around Lake Rotoaira, otherwise I like to shoot out West to Taumaranui and back or shoot straight thru taking the back road back home thru Nattie Park. If I wants some Macs or KFC then it's off to Taupo I go and we both know those 3 corners are always good (as long as you aren't stuck behind traffic or going over the edge and into the lake, aye bro?).

Once the roadworks are done South I'll start shooting down to Waiouru for some fish and chips brudder! :2thumbsup

ching_ching

Picking up fish&chips on a gixxer gives a whole new meaning to the term "fast food" :p I'm too fat to fit into leathers as it is, so no chips for me :shutup:

One time when I was heading down to Turangi this old guy went past on a vintage tractor and waved, I thought that was pretty cool.

ching_ching
20th February 2004, 16:32
Picking up fish&chips on a gixxer gives a whole new meaning to the term "fast food" :p I'm too fat to fit into leathers as it is, so no chips for me :shutup:

One time when I was heading down to Turangi this old guy went past on a vintage tractor and waved, I thought that was pretty cool.

Yeh tis cool... at least he waved, not like a lot of the bikers I pass coming the other way bro.