PDA

View Full Version : Degrees of Control

SPman
5th November 2005, 12:33
Link to a good article from Sportsrider Mag - don't know if its been posted before, but.......

http://www.sportrider.com/ride/146_0310_bench/

Motu
5th November 2005, 15:47
Art and magic - it's always been that way for me....the rythem section rock solid,anchoring me to the road,some blistering solos.....and the odd pheasant plucked from the side of the road....

''Total Control'' has a section about your relationship with the road - not a particular road as such for me....but how they work,almost like a song or a book,they follow a format,if you unlock the secret....

erik
5th November 2005, 17:31
I've never seen a rider that I thought was like the "ideal" rider described in the start of that article. Maybe I'm not observant enough, or just too slow to stick with people long enough to have witnessed effortless, smooth riding like the author described.
He has a good point, to ride within one's limits. But I think the article went on a bit too long.

Ixion
5th November 2005, 18:53
I have. Follow a snake sometime. Some of them are real good.

Motu
5th November 2005, 21:11
I spent many miles behind my mentor wondering how the hell he went so fast without seeming to try.....even on gravel.....even off road on a Tiger100 with saddle bags.And as with all mentors,even when I was faster than him,I was on the ragged edge.30 yrs later and I had to wait for him to catch up,but he still has more road craft then me.

Ixion
5th November 2005, 21:20
'Tis the difference between fast ans quick. Fast is easy. Every squidley can do it. Quick, that is harder. 'Tis what I've always sought for. The SNABO - Slow Nana Arrives Before Others.