PDA

View Full Version : I Fooked Up ...

wari
18th February 2004, 21:28
Just because the other guy had his left indicator on and his vehicle was positioned to turn left ... I assumed he WAS turning left at the round about ... silly me.

He decided to go round the aforementioned round about and tried to collect me in the process. I managed to get the bike sideways which was fun ... recovered beautifully only to stall and look like a goat as I drifted around the round thing ... the funny thing was the puzzled look on the drivers face ... why WOULD I do that !!! :spudwhat: :thud:

and I'm not telling you the nationality :no:

:moon: ===> irrelevant , but I havent used it for a while.

Who trusts indicators anyway ... not me (usually).

Zed
18th February 2004, 21:36
...it's when they put their hazard lights on (and some do man) that you know it's time to "rattle and roll" away from that driver. :thud:

Zed

Sharkey
19th February 2004, 07:18
I had a beauty one time heading south through orewa. Some honky in a jag coming towards me got half way round the round about and then switched on his indicator and drove across my bow. I jammed on the old brakes and stopped just in time. I got to the top of the hill and filled up with gas, and as I drove off I thought to myself, gee whizz my left hand feels low. I looked down and the handle bar was no longer attached to the bike. The heavy breaking had sheared through what turned out to be a previously damaged bolt. I had to sit down when I thought about what would have been had it gone only a few minutes earlier. :thud:

boris
19th February 2004, 08:02
my bro told me if the car in front has its indictor on,you know that the light is working, not that the car is going to turn.

Boris

MikeL
19th February 2004, 08:07
and I'm not telling you the nationality :no:

I think you just have...

:rolleyes:

Coldkiwi
19th February 2004, 08:41
my bro told me if the car in front has its indictor on,you know that the light is working, not that the car is going to turn.

now thats a sensible call

glad ya ok Wari

Mitch
19th February 2004, 11:43
Another bad driver is handed his licence every minute of every day!!!
Really glad to hear you walked away Wari!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Would have been one hell of a specticle watching that old girl kicked out sideways to :yes:

Jackrat
19th February 2004, 14:34
Well seeing as how ya' didn't come off ya' didn't really fook up at all,Did ya'??
An like Zed pointed out,,,,What the heck is it with that hazard lights thing??
That one's caught me out twice just lately,,,Like what do ya' do??
We need a stunned Mullet Smily :confused2

Hitcher
19th February 2004, 17:11
If god had wanted other motorists to signal their intentions to turn, she would have placed orange flashing lights near the corners of their vehicles...

Zed
19th February 2004, 17:56
Well seeing as how ya' didn't come off ya' didn't really fook up at all,Did ya'??
An like Zed pointed out,,,,What the heck is it with that hazard lights thing??
That one's caught me out twice just lately,,,Like what do ya' do??
We need a stunned Mullet Smily :confused2
Apart from a genuine hazard, there are two reasons people these days turn on their hazard lights:

1. To indicate their appreciation to another driver when he lets them into a gap (buses often do this).
2. By mistake! Some cages have the hazard switch located too close to other instruments and they get turned on in error (been there, done that).

But in the case of these "foreigners" tuning on their hazards, I think that they just turn them on when they are unsure in which direction they want to go, that way any other motorists in close proximity will surely understand that it is a genuine hazard and to keep their distance?? :shit:

Zed

Slingshot
19th February 2004, 20:19
Would have been one hell of a specticle watching that old girl kicked out sideways to :yes:

It's funny you say that, I booked my restricted test today and while I was at the LTSA a young kid and his dad were doing the scratchy test...yes, you did read right, they were both doing it :eek: So there is now a driver unable to even pass the learners scratchy test on his own out on the streets of Wellington :wacko:
I'm not going to mention the nationality either

dangerous
19th February 2004, 20:34
a young kid and his dad were doing the scratchy test...yes, you did read right, they were both doing it

Well....... that explains the car that I was following when comming home from Picton @ xmas, that was pulling OUT to pass and using the LEFT indercator :mad: And doing this on blind corners :argh:

wari
19th February 2004, 20:50

I was as cool as a cucumber :sweatdrop ... but the old girls heart stopped beating momentarily. Glad i know KITGT :niceone:

MikeL
19th February 2004, 21:14
It's funny you say that, I booked my restricted test today and while I was at the LTSA a young kid and his dad were doing the scratchy test...yes, you did read right, they were both doing it :eek: So there is now a driver unable to even pass the learners scratchy test on his own out on the streets of Wellington :wacko:

Whoa!!!! This can't be right. You can't have anyone help you when you do the scratchy test... Can you??? So who was actually going for the licence - the father or the son? Or is there a family driving licence now? Or is it like a job interview where you can take your whanau along for moral support, and to help you answer the tricky questions??
Is this really the way it is now?
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!! Someone please take me back to the 70s.

Big Dog
19th February 2004, 21:17
Whoa!!!! This can't be right. You can't have anyone help you when you do the scratchy test... Can you??? So who was actually going for the licence - the father or the son? Or is there a family driving licence now? Or is it like a job interview where you can take your whanau along for moral support, and to help you answer the tricky questions??
Is this really the way it is now?
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!! Someone please take me back to the 70s.
:kick: to those who do it for real huh?

Lord Pac
20th February 2004, 08:39
how about the driver in front of you who has its right indicator flashing but turns left and visa versa...had a couple of them.....good wiring job!

Glad ur ok Wari