PDA

View Full Version : New Brake line regs...

Paul in NZ
5th November 2005, 19:47
Anyone know what numbers you need?

Long story but... I have an approved brake line that I purchased at great expense but... The threads are different... It was ordered especially for the Guzzi but they don't look metric to me... Do HD's have non metric brake threads??

The old line had nothing wrong with it but I have it off the bike now and she non operable.. Which is pissing me off...

My ones have. FMUSS 106 BH 1/8" 06/00 HL on them. Are they legal?

Cheers

White trash
5th November 2005, 19:50
HDs aren't metric unless it's a V-rod.

And Riff raff doesn't know what the hell all that other crap means.

Paul in NZ
5th November 2005, 19:56
HDs aren't metric unless it's a V-rod.

And Riff raff doesn't know what the hell all that other crap means.

Didn't think they were... I think he just ordered the wrong part...

Bastard... No riding for me tomorrow.. What a bummer

Motu
5th November 2005, 21:03
That's the Federal Standard,and 1/8'' is certainly not metric.....Although my Federal tyres on the Pajero are made in Taiwan.I'd just like to confirm that you aren't riding anywhere tomorrow.....you need a spare bike you do.

James Deuce
5th November 2005, 21:07
....you need a spare bike you do.

He's got one, he just needs a rectal-pedal interface to get him finished on it.

Paul in NZ
6th November 2005, 09:20
That's the Federal Standard,and 1/8'' is certainly not metric.....Although my Federal tyres on the Pajero are made in Taiwan.I'd just like to confirm that you aren't riding anywhere tomorrow.....you need a spare bike you do.

But thats the wierd thing....

Thats what is on the line that fits the bike. Miles (ex thunderbike) made it up for me with metric fittings etc and it works a treat.

The other one (with imperial connections) is in a box made by Russell... If i read you right.. My original line should have been OK? Feckit.. $70.00 down the dunny and a days riding lost.

fecking stupid gummbermint

Motu
6th November 2005, 10:04
Yeah,stupid rules - if only professionals are making brake hoses where is the problem? Maybe it's because there are kits out there for home gardener types to assemble them themselves?

I've made countless steel and copper brake pipes for cars,and also at one stage made hydraulic hoses for diggers and the like.Double flaring pipe tools were never available to the public,only trained mechanics at your local gargre could make your brake pipes - but now you can buy a double flaring tool cheap as shit on TradeMe,anyone can make their own brake pipes now - maybe soon you'll need a cert number on pipes,then I'll lose another skill because I won't be able to do it anymore.

SPman
6th November 2005, 13:58
.... maybe soon you'll need a cert number on pipes,then I'll lose another skill because I won't be able to do it anymore.
just another turn of the ever tightening control screw............
You VILL obey..........!

Paul in NZ
6th November 2005, 17:39
And so... So having read all the 'other' threads on this.. My old SS lines are in all probability LEGAL.... Having FMVSS 106 on them.... Feck it!

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=2446&page=3&pp=15

Bonez
6th November 2005, 17:55
And so... So having read all the 'other' threads on this.. My old SS lines are in all probability LEGAL.... Having FMVSS 106 on them.... Feck it!

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=2446&page=3&pp=15
Shouldn't you be able to return the lines for a refund?

Paul in NZ
6th November 2005, 20:15
Shouldn't you be able to return the lines for a refund?

If only I had not waited 5 months before getting around to fitting the damned things... (sigh) Oh.. Keeping the reciept could have been a good idea too.. What a feckin dumbarse...