PDA

View Full Version : You are farkin' kidding me!!

onearmedbandit
19th February 2004, 19:10
Right, took my bike into the local Suzuki agent 3 weeks ago, cause of visit was no low-beam lights, had instrument and tailights and fuses/bulbs looked good. Well after a bit of hunting by the mechanic, it was discovered a connector block had some sus connections. It got worse, apparently the block was a little worse for wear and the main ignition was now starting to die. So the decision was made to replace the block, and that the bike couldn't be ridden.

No problem they said , 2-3 days. Well no connector blocks in NZ so 10 days ex-Japan. Ok, I'll wait, wonder if there is anything available local, but decide to leave it to the professionals. Well now guess what, 10 days was the air-freight time, but no its coming by ship. Up to 3 farkin' months!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

I've asked them to now look 2nd hand or even Australia, they said they'll get back to me tomorrow. Well fark that, I'm going looking myself. The guys are good at the shop, but I don't think they QUITE realise how important my bike is to me.

Nearly 4 farkin months to get a simple connector block.......... :angry:

SPman
19th February 2004, 19:18
Sorry. In this day and age, that sort of "service", is no longer acceptable!
Who is it?

Big Dog
19th February 2004, 19:28
So go aftermarket if it's just a connector block fit the oe when it gets here.
My 2c anyway. KY would tell you just to use insulation tape and a soldering iron.

mangell6
19th February 2004, 19:40
Surely someone has ditched a GSXR750, these parts are usually common to all models within the brand.

And a soldering iron with the correct tape would do an even better job than the part that is being shipped from Japan. They must have slow aircraft for them to take ten days to get to NZ.

Big Dog
19th February 2004, 19:57
Surely someone has ditched a GSXR750, these parts are usually common to all models within the brand.

And a soldering iron with the correct tape would do an even better job than the part that is being shipped from Japan. They must have slow aircraft for them to take ten days to get to NZ.
True, but I was trying to avoid sugesting the use of no8 fencing wire. :innocent:

moko
20th February 2004, 07:01
They must have slow aircraft for them to take ten days to get to NZ.

In my experience it`s probably been put on an Air NZ plane and the guy at the back is shovelling the coal in as quick as he can.

Dave
20th February 2004, 08:14
Call a local auto electrical supplier, They do Generic multiplugs and all you would need to do is by both halves and fit a replacement plug.
A sparky should do it for you in about 1/2 day.

marty
20th February 2004, 08:45
have you looked on here? there's always someone who's dropped their machine and is scrapping it...

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbike-Parts/mcat-0001-0026-0135-.htm

speedpro
23rd February 2004, 11:12
Go to an electrical shop or Richard Smiths and get some heat shrink. Go to a wreckers and find a wiring loom with the same size connectors. Cut the connectors off both looms leaving about 5cm of wire and splice the good connector in place of the bad connector putting heat shrink over each wire.
This works fine and looks nice and tidy if done properly. Trying to find a nice compact high quality connector can be a problem, I've found it easier to just splice in a good one from another loom.

onearmedbandit
23rd February 2004, 20:49
Thanks for the tips guys. I got the bike back today, going and all. I've got to say all the bike shop in question did is what I asked, just communication broke down between them and Suzuki NZ about delivery methods. By taking my bike there I expected that they would want to use genuine Suzuki parts, just no-one expected it to take as long. Had I decided to do it myself or had taken it to a normal sparky there would have been a wider scope of repairs.

Anyway, they got my bike back for me today. I know for a fact that they spent at least 6 hrs on her, but they only charged me for 3. I can't complain with that. So all in al everything is okay now, back on the road.

Big Dog
24th February 2004, 17:49
back on the road.
Well thats the main thing :done:

Panther
29th July 2007, 02:20
Go to an electrical shop or Richard Smiths and get some heat shrink. Go to a wreckers and find a wiring loom with the same size connectors. Cut the connectors off both looms leaving about 5cm of wire and splice the good connector in place of the bad connector putting heat shrink over each wire.
This works fine and looks nice and tidy if done properly. Trying to find a nice compact high quality connector can be a problem, I've found it easier to just splice in a good one from another loom.

I had a loom problem a few months ago, but luckily my mechanic was resourceful enough to work creatively through the problem when a quick but reliable fix for the next days ride was required.
the bike would cut out and i was out away from civilisation and had to push up a few baby hills to push start:gob:

Cajun
29th July 2007, 07:50
OAB - http://www.ronayers.com/ best place on net for OEM parts, drop them a line

nadroj
29th July 2007, 08:38
OAB - http://www.ronayers.com/ best place on net for OEM parts, drop them a line

I think he got sorted 3-1/2 years ago.

Jantar
29th July 2007, 11:22
What the hell did you search on to drag up a thread over 3 years old?

jrandom
29th July 2007, 11:29

Probably bored and obsessively reading through all the threads OAB's ever started. :dodge:

While we're in here, though, I should note that I had exactly the same problem with my 750 SRAD last week. OAB was most helpful via MSN at the time (thanks man) and Mt Eden MC were able to get the correct bits sorted for me pronto.

:niceone:

Cr1MiNaL
29th July 2007, 14:52

reckon!!!

Chrislost
29th July 2007, 15:23

come on! if he/she had asked about a dogey connector then im sure you woulda yelled at him about searching...