PDA

View Full Version : The Wheelie

Squiggles
7th November 2005, 10:38
I have a sneaking suspicion that its not possible on my rgv.....would i be correct? :dodge:

Hitcher
7th November 2005, 10:41
Anything can be wheelied (unless, of course, it has a shaft drive).

HDTboy
7th November 2005, 10:42
Possible, yes. A good idea, probably not

bugjuice
7th November 2005, 10:51
hell, even I can wheelie an RGV.. Just roll on a bit in first, then acclerate hard and give it a tug. If ya really want, slip the clutch slightly, but don't go too over board. My first decent wheelies was on an RGV250 actually

150s probably won't unless you strain your arse off

SARGE
7th November 2005, 10:52
hell man.. i had a GN250 mono 2 weeks ago in front of the shop ( witnesses too..)

sAsLEX
7th November 2005, 10:58

I still reckon a shaftie could be wheelied

charlie wheelies his BMW on Long Way Round

bugjuice
7th November 2005, 11:00
I've seen beemers wheelied.. and that was shafted..

limbimtimwim
7th November 2005, 11:04
I have a sneaking suspicion that its not possible on my rgv.....would i be correct? :dodge:I can make my VTR250 pop a short abrupt sad mono without too much effort, so your RGV should be able to do better. Rolling, clutch in a bit, revs, clutch out rapidly, WEEEEEEE!!!. Be careful, find a big empty carpark with a surface free of gravel and perhaps a friend to pull the bike off you when/if you drop it.

SuperDave
7th November 2005, 11:08
I could only just pop the front up on the FXR with a heavy backpack. Stoppies were piss easy and a lot of fun on it. Yet to try on the ZXR but will undoubtably attempt them later on. I would think that wheeling an RGV250 would be easy conidering the HP they put out and their low weight.

FzerozeroT
7th November 2005, 11:30
It should wheelie off the throttle in 1st, if not then you may have a restricted horsepower model or a stuffed motor. In that case just bounce or clutch it up, both will work.

Matt Bleck
7th November 2005, 11:34
My mate wheelies his Moto Guzzi V11 Sport every chance he get's and thats a shaft drive.

...the poor thing....

Hitcher
7th November 2005, 12:44
I still reckon a shaftie could be wheelied

charlie wheelies his BMW on Long Way Round
Clearly cheap special effects. jrandom once told me that shaft-driven motorcycles couldn't be wheelied. Therefore this must be true...

onearmedbandit
7th November 2005, 12:59
I remember jrandom saying that, 'twas a good laugh.

sAsLEX
7th November 2005, 13:27
Clearly cheap special effects. jrandom once told me that shaft-driven motorcycles couldn't be wheelied. Therefore this must be true...

that software nerd what would he know about physics!

DEATH_INC.
9th November 2005, 19:55
A shaftee can be wheelied I usta do 'em on a VF750 sabre,about 10' long and 300kg or so,but she'd do it.
RGV's do 'em too,did one the day before yesterday on my workmates one.....

White trash
13th November 2005, 20:50

Watch this space.........

Waylander
13th November 2005, 21:04
I have a sneaking suspicion WT is gonna ask me if he can try wheelieing my bike next time I am up that way.....

White trash
13th November 2005, 21:10
I have a sneaking suspicion WT is gonna ask me if he can try wheelieing my bike next time I am up that way.....

Jesus Christ man! After all the shit we been through! How fucken sick do you think I am?

Waylander
13th November 2005, 21:17
I don't know man. We seem to be agreeing more and more.

T.W.R
13th November 2005, 22:23
here's a couple of shafties lofting the wheel, one is understandable:blip: , the second is scary coz its at speed too:lol: , and the third mmm well not a shaft drive but it does defy a few laws & the touchdown would have been graceful :doh:

SARGE
14th November 2005, 06:23
check out last Sepember's Kiwi Rider Mag.. Stretch had an M50 shaftie up on one...

Postie
14th November 2005, 09:40
I have a sneaking suspicion that its not possible on my rgv.....would i be correct? :dodge:
i love RGV250's ( i have no idea why i sold mine) but yeah you can wheelie that all day long. where do you live, i'll come round and show ya how :2thumbsup

NC
14th November 2005, 09:42
Jesus Christ man! After all the shit we been through! How fucken sick do you think I am?
Oh oh oh! I know the answer to that!

froggyfrenchman
24th December 2005, 13:37
I've seen beemers wheelied.. and that was shafted..

ive done some pretty good wheelies on a bmr r1100

Goblin
24th December 2005, 16:00
I always thought any bike could be wheelied....a mate of mine can wheelie anything he rides and I bet WT & Death and others could as well. I admire skills like that soooo much....I HAVE to learn some tricks. Are there people out there that just have the knack? If I try will I be doomed to crash & burn or can these skills be learnt?

DEATH_INC.
27th December 2005, 10:29
About 90% is practice (unless you got a thou....) and the other 10% is a mixture of guts,determination and lack of mechanical sympathy......:devil2:

larriken
31st December 2005, 11:06
.........and a big set of brass ones. Pretty much anything will wheelie if it's got a clutch, an engine, and an idiot on top of it!

This is my mate Trolly on his CBR250. Yes, he is one of the above mentioned idiots.

White trash
31st December 2005, 11:11
My minimoto will wheelie, although the water cooled B1s will wheelie off the throttle.

Kids quad wheelies a treat, as does the SV.

Best one I saw was the late Robert Holden climb on a fucked GN125 at the bottom of WMCC driveway, wheelie it to the top, turn around, then wheelie back down. Climbs off and goes "Fuck that's gutless for a 250"

Goblin
3rd January 2006, 09:09
Mini's wheelie really well....but it still hurts when ya land on yer arse!

larriken
3rd January 2006, 17:55
my eyes, my eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:blink:

The Beast
4th January 2006, 15:21
My minimoto will wheelie, although the water cooled B1s will wheelie off the throttle

Can you hold a wheelie on the 'moto Jimmy?
I tried once, and failed, big scratch on the back of the seat...:weep: hahaha
Dad's bike wheelies off the throttle. When I was riding in the two classes I'd jump off my Day2 and onto the B1 and have to think twice about revving the shit out of it on the standing start because it would just lift, the trick is to lean right forward I found, and not even the hard way hahaha.

hondacmx450
16th January 2006, 21:40
i can wheely my mates bmw 84 1000 cc and that is shaft and i know a mate that fliped him fatboy hd over whille trying to do a wheely so year you can do your rgv

CPB
17th January 2006, 15:48

RGV250 can wheelie no worries, ...My first bike was an 1989 RGV250..it loved to point it's nose skyward...and occasionally straight off to the side too...hahaha, ahh memories...
but if its your first time trying to wheelie anything be careful, if the bikes your pride and joy...be careful...don't practice on your own street you'll just piss off the neighbours, and likely have the sherriff called...someone here might give you some tips in person???