PDA

View Full Version : Van or car with tow bar?

bugjuice
7th November 2005, 11:35
I've got a 5ft tank that I need to pick up from Mt Alburt to get home in Takapuna.

My ickle brummer is a bit too ickle and don't fancy hanging it out the back, cos knowing my luck, it'll smash.

So has anyone please got a van or car n towbar and I'll hire a trailer, and an hour max some time this week? Thursday is out, but any other time would be utter bliss..

thanx muchly
Mr Juicer.

John
7th November 2005, 11:38
dude, stop hasseling your woman man, OK so shes abit "bigger" than the average but shit man tank? towbar... thats just harsh...

crashe
7th November 2005, 11:38
Will it fit in the back of a hatchback car...
Or is the tank quite high?

Firefight
7th November 2005, 11:39
Kit your welcome to borrow my trailer, comes tie down's straps etc.

F/F

bugjuice
7th November 2005, 11:40
john - lol.. funny cunt

Crashe, it won't fit in my Subby wagon, so a hatchback is really optimistic! But thanks for the offer tho.. it's 5ft x 3ft x 2ft give or take.. It won't really fit in my car without lots of hassle, and risk, so I'd rather not..

FF - Thanks. If I can find a car with a 'bar, then I might take you up on the offer, but it's just a bit of a trek down south for the trailer. I might keep it as a back up option. Cheers Dave :niceone:

Firefight
7th November 2005, 11:43
if round, :hitcher: use D2 x.7854x H or L = M3

sorry. slow day today

F/F :blink:

bugjuice
7th November 2005, 11:47
k, now you lost me.. So if the tank is round, I can use a BMW sprots car?
It's rectangular.. what do i get for that?

might be worth looking into that..

HDTboy
7th November 2005, 12:01
A 7 series, pop down to my old work and speak nicely to Andrew the sales manager, he rides traillys, so he might be able to help you out

Or Paul could loan you a car if you loan him your bike, he used to be some hotshot rider in Engaland

bugjuice
7th November 2005, 12:02
A 7 series, pop down to my old work and speak nicely to Andrew the sales manager, he rides traillys, so he might be able to help you out

Or Paul Cartmell could loan you a car if you loan him your bike, he used to be some hotshot rider in Engaland
you being serious, or you just trying to make me look like a dick?

HDTboy
7th November 2005, 12:05
Bit of both, more of the latter though

bugjuice
7th November 2005, 12:06
Bit of both, more of the latter though
challenge accepted

WRT
7th November 2005, 12:44
Buggy - I've got a towbar, more than happy to help out. Cant do much lifting at the mo (bad back) but more than happy to give you a hand. Can use the trailer too, its a bike one but might be able to put the tank on it.

Ixion
7th November 2005, 15:36
Got a LWB Pajero, you're welcome to borrow. Got a trailer too, ditto, got no WOF , but that's just cos I haven't had time to go get on (does have rego)