PDA

View Full Version : stupid people

KLOWN
8th November 2005, 09:42
Has ayone else noticed that cage drivers are always right up your arse? I have my 'L' plate on and am doing 60km in a fifty but everyone follows so close. But when i'm in a car I can't the fu**ers to go above 40

skelstar
8th November 2005, 09:50
I had a couple of scary incidents while I had my L plate (mostly BMW 4x4s). After two weeks I removed it. Its a well documented, but not well understood phenomenon (sp) I believe.

Pathos
8th November 2005, 09:51
There are topics after topics on this phenomenon. I don't use an L plate because of it. Just check the 250 club section

crashe
8th November 2005, 10:36
Either snap it off or take the "L" plate off and keep it with you either under the seat or in a back pack.... but keep it on your persons whenever you out riding. Just in case a cop pulls you over. Then you say that you HAVE just found it snapped off and it was on the ground when you went to get on your bike.

Another wee trick to do when someone is driving their car right up your butt is to give the bike a wee shake to make it wobble for a bit...
They aren't too cared about your bike, but they wont want to kill you and that usually makes them back off...

A quick wobble is good... perhaps a couple of quick tabs on the brakes will do it.

If they're really asking for it then I'll wait until I'm in an area they can't overtake... slow to about 10-15kph, wait a minute or so, then cane it away, makes them see that I can go faster if I want to.

Anyone can beat me in a race if they're willing to drive / ride like a twat and break the speed limits. I'm not gonna lose my license so that some twat in a Skyline can be taught his car is a piece of shit.

bugjuice
8th November 2005, 10:40
what scares the crap out of me, is we can safely stop (if we have to) from 60kph in a matter of metres. You watch a car trying to do the same thing in your rear view mirror..

skelstar
8th November 2005, 10:44
Euronomies (sp) taught me that you kinda dab the brakes a bit, and wave your left-hand back to indicate for them to back-off and that hasnt failed so far, but have only done it a couple of times...

Str8 Jacket
8th November 2005, 10:49
Euronomies (sp) taught me that you kinda dab the brakes a bit, and wave your left-hand back to indicate for them to back-off and that hasnt failed so far, but have only done it a couple of times...

Yes and the last time I tried that I found myself almost being run over by a car full of boy racers - they thought it was funny! :angry:

bugjuice
8th November 2005, 10:50
i remember my ride home one night a couple of years ago. Coming onto the Victoria Park flyover heading into town, a guy on a bike (in heavy traffic) was waving his arm at the car behind, obviously the driver was unnerving him. He stopped his bike, got off and walked to the window. The window came down half an inch, and I think the rider gave the driver some helpful advice.. The car stayed a good few metres back after that..

WRT
8th November 2005, 10:52
Bugger leaving your bike parked in front of some dude your are about to go and give "helpful advice" to . . .

Str8 Jacket
8th November 2005, 10:54
Bugger leaving your bike parked in front of some dude your are about to go and give "helpful advice" to . . .

lol! Yeah where I grew up it would have dissapeared by the time you went back to it...:spudbn:

Blackbird
8th November 2005, 11:03
Had the same thing on Sunday on SH1 near Putaruru, fortunately I was in the car. Two women following in a white Corolla were so engrossed in looking at each other while talking that they kept drifting to within 3 or 4 metres of my boot. At one stage, I let my speed drop right off and when I had their attention, I gesticulated and they dropped back. Blow me if they weren't doing it again a few minutes later. I had a momentary fantasy of stopping, then grabbing their keys and tossing them into a nearby field. When I turned off, I noticed that they closed up on the next poor sod in the line of traffic.

You have my sympathy.

Geoff

Hitcher
8th November 2005, 11:43
"Snap off" your L plate. You will find the following distances at least double. go figure.

Devil
8th November 2005, 13:44
Sad but true.

These days if someone is following too close, i'll motion them to back off with my left hand. If they're prompt and realise they're a bit close and immediately back off, i'll even give them a thumbs up. Most people back off.

Postie
8th November 2005, 14:37
i was on a bus on the way to Olyimpia in London, it was dark but it was only about 5pm on a sunday. In front of the bus was a car stopped at a junction and a bike on its side, obviously the car hadn't stopped in time and knocked the dude off the bike. So the biker gets up, walks over to the drivers window and makes him wind down the window, he chats for a second then reaches in and grabs his keys, turns around and launches the keys into the darkness, gives the driver the big FUCK YOU and takes off on the bike. The bus we were on just pulled to the side and went around the car....

Gremlin
9th November 2005, 20:00
I know a lot of people have horror stories about tailgaters when they have their L plate on, but I have to say I don't think I have had a single one.

Then again, most people who comment about me on the bike say I make it look like a little :scooter: , so maybe the cars aren't quite as stupid and fear for their safety if something happens... :devil2:

Back Fire
9th November 2005, 20:07
I had some silly bitch about 4 feet from my back wheel when I was doing 110 on the motorway a few weeks ago... slowed down to 65 to piss her off and she moved into the fast lane and proceeded to cut up 2 mover trucks to get onto the off ramp. She nearly didn't make it and nearly cause the trucks to crash into each other :bash:

rudolph
9th November 2005, 20:19
It brings troble

Back Fire
9th November 2005, 20:24
It brings troble

I agree with rudi

Unit
9th November 2005, 21:12
Cant say Ive had this problem, hmmmmmmmmm. I think its usually 'tintop drivers' who cant stand bikers who are the most common offenders. And they are usually the same sexest bastards who have a dumb comment about girls on bikes, generally all to there own insecurities.

RiderInBlack
10th November 2005, 06:53
The only time I put an L plate on a bike was on the way to sit my restricted. And, you guest it, FU*KEN CAGERS RIGHT UP MY FU*KEN ARSE:bash: I felt the sign should have been changed to "I'm learning, so if you can read this, YOU ARE TOO FU*KEN CLOSE. BACK OFF, CAUSE IF I SPILL, YOU'LL KILL."
Personally, with people attitudes to L-plates, I think the things are just trouble magnets. They should run a campaign on L-plate if they want us to continue using them.

Momentum
10th November 2005, 11:29
ahhh i am going for my licnece soon and after seeing the posts here i really dont want to put my L plate on anymore. Stupid tin top drivers. even befor i owned a bike or was even thinking about owning one i always gave them room to pass or hung well back if i had a bike infront of me. i even give them more room at lights too

Drum
10th November 2005, 12:02
While I wholeheartedly agree with what is being said about not using your L-plate, its important to remember that if you break ANY condition of your license your insurance company wont pay out.

Momentum
10th November 2005, 13:16
yeah i know that is th real big prob need it on if you take a spill.

there are some stupid laws out there like the L plate thing and the 70k's on the open raod just stupid if you ask me

ScumKiller2
10th November 2005, 15:49
Do a CBTA course and [legally] ditch that plate asap! :yes:

While I wholeheartedly agree with what is being said about not using your L-plate, its important to remember that if you break ANY condition of your license your insurance company wont pay out.

If you've got the plate on you anyways I'd just casually chuck it on the road, and then when anyone looks they'll think it snapped off in the bin. :2thumbsup

Momentum
10th November 2005, 17:07
yeah that would maybe work unless you take a big spill and are KO'ed or something stupid

pray to God that that dase now happen

CBTA?????????