PDA

View Full Version : the best 250 to get if you only have 4g

sniperridder
8th November 2005, 13:58
hi, i only have $4000 to spend on my first bike and i dont want one of these new touring bikes i want a semi race bike like a 250 ?
please help
:2thumbsup

Phurrball
8th November 2005, 14:21
Hi there - welcome to the madness that is KB! :shake:

My advice is to take your time. You'll have the bike for a while...so don't be hasty. Look round all the bike shops at what's available; skulk about on Trademe; look at the options the dealers have at bikepoint.co.nz - figure out what you do and don't like...

Have a search at <a href="http://motorbikes.be/en/">this</a> site for the specs of all the bikes you're checking out.

It took a long time for the Bandit I ended up with to come out of the woodwork, but it was worth the wait. (BTW I paid around the money you have available for it...good bikes are out there at that price - you have to be patient though...)

Last, but most important! Leave some money aside for your gear - get the best gear you can afford - it'll keep you comfy, safe, and might even save your life.

Cheers, Phurrball.

HDTboy
8th November 2005, 14:26
you can buy my bike for less than $4'000

The_Dover
8th November 2005, 14:27
+1 on the gear. Don't skimp there cos it will save your life and your skin.

Road rash fuckin hurts.

myvice
13th November 2005, 12:12
Look around the dealers, go and see Mike at Mt Eden Motorbikes and talk to him.
Try and get an idea of the make/model and colour of what you want as people are bringing in bikes from Japan all the time.
And get good gear, I've just totalled my 3rd helmet and my 2nd set of leathers!
4k is CBR/ZXR money so you just need to keep your eyes out for a deal.

justsomeguy
13th November 2005, 12:18
ZXR250 A or C or CBR250RR. Any of these three bikes will do the job just buy the best deal you can find.

SPman
13th November 2005, 13:42
Nothing wrong with FZR's either and they go a bit cheaper....

MagicMarker
23rd November 2005, 15:27
I have a FZR-R 250 for sale if you want. It doesn't run well, but it does go. It's 1990 and has 38,000 kms on the odometer. It is the 3ln model. Will be willing to let it go below 3k. Will be taking my restricted tomorrow with it. Hopefully i can pass it, and no more L Plate. :D