PDA

View Full Version : Pack Rack on VTR1000

ScumKiller2
10th November 2005, 08:12
Has any one put a pack rack on a VTR1000? If so what does it look like? I'm thinking of purchaing a firestorm but will want to do a few long trips on it. It doesn't look like a rack would "suit" the bike though....... And yes, I'm aware of the fuel range :blip:

bungbung
10th November 2005, 08:32
I have a ventura pack rack on my vtr. When I'm not using bags, I replace the rack with a grab rail.

It suits the bike fine. If I can find a pic, I'll post it.

keza
10th November 2005, 08:38
if you go to www.ventura_bike.com they have pics of tour bike with the pasck fitted and the grab handle and if u wish i ncan get you one

Lou Girardin
10th November 2005, 09:28
Has any one put a pack rack on a VTR1000? If so what does it look like? I'm thinking of purchaing a firestorm but will want to do a few long trips on it. It doesn't look like a rack would "suit" the bike though....... And yes, I'm aware of the fuel range :blip:

Racks are racks. If you don't want sticky up things, get soft luggage - throw overs, tail pack, tank bag.

SPman
10th November 2005, 09:48
And yes, I'm aware of the fuel range :blip:
Perhaps Ventura should do auxillary fuel tanks, just for VTR owners.................:shake:

judgeshock
10th November 2005, 10:31
Have a look at dangerous for sale of the VTR that i just bought. It has pics on there of a pack rack on it and in my opinion it looks good. http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=17712&highlight=vtr1000

Im really happy that he sold it with the pack rack on as im going to do some travelling to.:2thumbsup

vifferman
10th November 2005, 10:38
It doesn't look like a rack would "suit" the bike though.
Well then - you either need to find another bike that does suit a rack, or maybe you could just duct-tape your luggage to the bike.
Don't worry about how it looks - you won't see it when you're riding.

ScumKiller2
10th November 2005, 10:46
Thanks all, especially for the pics. Doesn't look to bad after all.

I like the duct tape idea. The saddlebags could double as fuel cans then you could store your fireworks in them when they are drained....
Cheer
SK2