PDA

View Full Version : Benelli TNT Launched

wkid_one
21st February 2004, 08:36
Benelli have launched the new TNT and it is quite possibly one of the sexiest naked bikes around - following on the design cues of the Tornado

Designed to combat the Tuono, K1000, Brutalle, the TNT looks set to take these bikes head on. With the heart from the Tornado - putting 135hp thru the flywheel and 12kgm of torque - this makes the bike more powerful than the Honda Blackbird.

Much of the bike has been redesigned, as opposed to the other option of just stripping body work from the Tornado. Benelli has redone the chassis.

Bike has been bored out to 1133cc - helping the power figures.

I am dubious about the headlight - with the Porsche emulating Brutalle headlight setting the naked bike standard.

Pic attached

White trash
21st February 2004, 11:15
Sorry. Looks a bit close to a Bimota Mantra for my liking.

Brutale all the way. :D

Hitcher
21st February 2004, 13:23
These Benellis review well. Shame about the price!

moko
22nd February 2004, 13:13
Yamaha FZ6 has similar styling but without that godawful fairing,a lot cheaper too.

wkid_one
22nd February 2004, 15:21
And some more pics of the bike

Hitcher
22nd February 2004, 16:08
The anatomically-correct rear end is a bit disturbing...

The plate bracket looks a bit like a PVC Jesus wearing a sunshade (with fat orange hands)...

Tequila, I think I need more tequila!

digger blue
1st April 2008, 23:13
It's been years and no one has corrected arseholes to 'our souls'.
Tho the prev writer's soul might be an arse of one, he ain't necessarily correct about everyone else's.
Also, as an owner of a TNT (slightly modded now) and prev living in NZ for some years, it would make a perfect bike for the Tararua or Rimutaka hills.
db

Bonez
2nd April 2008, 04:30
Welcome to KB. Hitchers mellowed over the last four years.

Hitcher
2nd April 2008, 08:02
It's been years and no one has corrected arseholes to 'our souls'.

Holy thread dredge Batman! And my signature changes on about a weekly basis, and always features a Mondegreen, so please don't lose any sleep about it being "years" or nobody making a correction. Hit me with your pet shark, fire away!