PDA

View Full Version : Sky

denill
6th February 2003, 19:19
In response to my question, Jill Dicken of Sky TV advises that the 2003 series of:
MotoGP - WorldSuperBike & WorldSuperSport
will be shown on Sky TV this season, so it looks like a few late, but entertaining nights coming up this winter folks. :o :o :D

wari
7th February 2003, 06:28
Cool as ... I'm in for some o that. Testing this year seems to indicate that times will be 1 - 2 seconds faster in the MotoGP .

Anyone read the writeups on Rossi and Roberts bikes in the Bike Trader?

p0stal
7th February 2003, 10:51
Yeah, read about Rossi's Honda in the Feb issue of MT. Doesn't mean too much to me yet, of course, 'coz I'm still on my learner's, & frankly, I don't know a hell of a lot, but it looks damn sweet! :D

Gixxer
7th February 2003, 11:10
yes, did read it, I think he will dominate the gp again, will be good to see how the Dukes and Aprilia and the new Kawasaki go against the Honda, and all of the WSBK riders as well, Troy and colin, who are 2 awsome riders.

I hope sky show most of them on ky sport and not sky sport 1, as I do not have digital. yet.

wkid_one
8th February 2003, 18:20
Sky will be showing the bikes on Sky Sport 3 or Sky Sport Extra - ie, only on Digital. I will be taping the whole season for those who want to see the races in their entirety not the castrated versions on Shell Motorsport on One!! - just drop me a line.

SBK will also be good this year with the 1000cc 4's in as per BSB last year - it will be interesting to see how well the restriction rules work and whether than 4's will get a good run at the title. It is always good to see a motorsport return to the type of bikes we all ride on the road. The Duc's are good but who has $65k to chuck at a 998/999 or $30k to through at a SP2????

I'll be watching to see how well Troy does against Rossi, as I don't Troy has the game to keep up with Rossi and Baross, and the Honda appears well too bloody quick. It will also be good to see Baross on a V5 Honda for the whole season, as when he had it for the last few races, he gave Rossi a damn good scare - and picked him off as well.

Roll on is all I can say........

Gixxer
10th February 2003, 08:54
does anyone know what teams are in the WSBK, I have been looking on the net and can not seem to find if there is anyone on the 1000 4's/ the WSBK site does has not listed them as yet.

wkid_one
10th February 2003, 09:17
:bigthumb:
http://www.sasbk.co.za/World%20SBK%202003%20team%20And%20Riders.htm

Check that site out - not every has entered yet - but this gives you a flavour of the season - a couple of inlines here - so it should be interesting.

Gixxer
10th February 2003, 09:37
awsome, cheers wkid_one

bluninja
10th February 2003, 12:06
Hmmm, after 15 months without SKY, and having to up with motorsport on Shell Helix I am giving in and getting SKY installed. My wife thinks it's so that her parents will be able to watch premier league soccer whilst they are with us for a month...but I know different :D How to get what you want and build up the brownie points at the same time.:cool:

However at least Shell Helix are showing local motorcycling occasionally now. That means more opportunity for sponsorship; how much does it cost for a 10 second advert on TV ?? Even I got a few seconds exposure on the TV

TTFN

SPman
10th February 2003, 16:56
Also http://www.amasuperbike.com/2003-Jan/030127a.htm
A couple of semi works 4's, but not a really thrilling lineup at the moment.....however I hope I'm proven wrong....

SPman
10th February 2003, 16:57
Also http://www.ten-tenths.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=10&styleid=1&referrerid=18 can be interesting

p0stal
10th February 2003, 17:35
Originally posted by bluninja
My wife thinks it's so that her parents will be able to watch premier league soccer whilst they are with us for a month...but I know different :D How to get what you want and build up the brownie points at the same time.:cool:

Well, they say diplomacy is the art of letting someone else get your own way... I'd say you've got that one down pat. :D