PDA

View Full Version : Rear paddock stand - Sportbikes NZ

notme
10th November 2005, 12:27
When I have decided I want something, I get a bit impatient. Plus I really needed a stand to get the bike ready for the weekend - so after finding a heavy duty rear stand on trademe for $149 I was itching to get hold of it.....

Well it turns out the trader is this guy (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/member.php?u=3599) - Kitt @ Sportsbikes NZ. He went to some trouble to get the stand to my doorstep the very next day by express courier (rather than waiting for funds to clear from the online transfer then sending it by normal courier), and SportsBikes NZ (http://www.sportsbikesnz.co.nz) has some very cool stuff on the site too.

The stand is heavy duty, very solid and looks like it would be pretty universal...all in all it's a bloody good deal i reckon :yes:

Cheers Kitt!

Badcat
10th November 2005, 12:41
i bought some indicators from kitt, and it turned out they weren't as described on the trademe ad.
Kitt refunded me without question, top notch bloke and will happily deal with him again.
great experience.
he has a website too:

http://www.sportsbikesnz.co.nz/

ken

WRT
10th November 2005, 12:41
Nice one mate! Looks like the bizzo. I take it thats not your bike on it? Looks like an SV with one of their kits on it. Was tempted by getting an 04/05 SV thou and chucking the fairing kit on it, they look pretty slick. Would have almost definately gone that way instead of getting the RSVR if I was doing more touring - and would have saved a packet in the process.

notme
10th November 2005, 13:22
Nice one mate! Looks like the bizzo. I take it thats not your bike on it? Looks like an SV with one of their kits on it. Was tempted by getting an 04/05 SV thou and chucking the fairing kit on it, they look pretty slick. Would have almost definately gone that way instead of getting the RSVR if I was doing more touring - and would have saved a packet in the process.

Yup... here it is in action in my gargre.....also a bit :Offtopic:, but check out the perfect mounting place for a radar detector on a CBR600RR ! Works as well as it did on the stem mount, is more discreet, give me clear view of the instruments, and the cables are all hidden away in the fairing now. :2thumbsup

EDIT: - I believe that's Kitt's bike modelling the stand in the original photo....

bugjuice
10th November 2005, 13:34
he's posted on this site before.. http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/member.php?u=3599

and for those who know me, this isn't me

Quasievil
10th November 2005, 13:55
he's posted on this site before.. http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/member.php?u=3599

and for those who know me, this isn't me

damn there goes the thought of a discount out the window:doh:

SARGE
10th November 2005, 15:12
Kitt rocks.. super nice guy to deal with also.

A+++

Grizz
10th November 2005, 15:58
I picked up one this week from motomail, $135.00, the one I got has rubber pads which fit under the swing arm.

notme
10th November 2005, 15:59
I picked up one this week from motomail, $135.00, the one I got has rubber pads which fit under the swing arm.

Yup, same as this one. I had a look around and didn't see any that looked this solidly constructed for under $170 or so..... not saying yours is crap or anything mate - i hope you got a better deal than me! :doobey:

Grizz
10th November 2005, 16:09
Yup, same as this one. I had a look around and didn't see any that looked this solidly constructed for under $170 or so..... not saying yours is crap or anything mate - i hope you got a better deal than me! :doobey:

No offence taken, I was put on to this from my nieghbour, and to be honest didn't even look around, I knew they were fairly pricy, and the build quality of these looks pretty good.

SportsBikes NZ
10th November 2005, 16:39
Hi guys, thanks for the nice words, I havn't been in here much of late trying to get the Website bang on and fully opperational. Trade Me is a bit out off the track for me, and would rather focus on the web thing... as you do. I see there's alot of people on here who have used us/ SportsBikes NZ, for any KiwiBiker I will give a 15% discount on the site if you register. The prices on the site are reflective of Full Retail: a guide you would say for Retailers buying from us. Primarily we are focussing on the wholesale market as they seem to be the ones dealing with us the most...... however some people won't or can't deal with for location or personal reasons so we do cater to them as well. If people use our buisness this is what they are supporting: We are committed to give 25% of the profits to a group who promote youth and Adolescent development with integrity, values, and life coaching focus. The rest gets poured back into the buisness and dissapears through either Taxes, customs charges, International freight, and the all mighty GST..... We make a little, but not enough to support a family of 5 without a full time job. I'm an honest bloke, with old school customer focus where my devotion is 100% commitment to see every customer through to what they want. We now also have online creditcard facility through secure ANZ network.... another large cost but one that makes everyone's processing easier if they choose.
I have never met such awsome people that i have dealt with over the past 2 years of operation, my thanks to all who have helped and encouraged, its not easy goin up against the big boys in thr market, but my pricing is getting better, where others are goin up. ???????

Coyote
10th November 2005, 16:47
Look a lot better than the one I tried to make at metalwork :pinch:

notme
10th November 2005, 21:07
..... We are committed to give 25% of the profits to a group who promote youth and Adolescent development with integrity, values, and life coaching focus. The rest gets poured back into the buisness and dissapears through either Taxes, customs charges, International freight, and the all mighty GST..... We make a little, but not enough to support a family of 5 without a full time job. I'm an honest bloke, with old school customer focus where my devotion is 100% commitment to see every customer through to what they want. .............

Wow - very cool with the charity stuff!

I absolutely agree with the customer service statement, and highly recommend SportsBikesNZ. Your trademe feedback also reflects your high standards :yes:.

Post on here more often dude! Put specials and whatever in the ONLINE TRADING section of the forums, and maybe peruse that same forum for all the posts from people saying "I need gloves, where should i go" etc etc. Just my 2c worth - I own a business too, so i know every little bit helps!

steved
12th November 2005, 16:54
No offence taken, I was put on to this from my nieghbour, and to be honest didn't even look around, I knew they were fairly pricy, and the build quality of these looks pretty good.Good to see from your piccie that you are according your bike with the proper respect. :yes:

Grizz
17th November 2005, 19:43
Good to see from your piccie that you are according your bike with the proper respect. :yes:

Lol yeah, wifey wanted the rug in the lounge! Bike might get cold feet of a night, can't have that.:no:

SportsBikes NZ
24th November 2005, 21:40
Kiwi Biker members need to let me know when the register via my coments column on the left side mid page. All Kiwi bikers member get 15% off. I would love to show more stuff here, but don't want people to think I'm all about $$$ cause thats not me at all. I'll happily search, or assist with any inquiry or just be an ear.

You guys are all awsome, thanks for the great support and encouragment. All our stuff is Top quality export which is to the highest standard. My policy is 100% satisfaction. I'll put everything right, even at my cost.

Kitt.