PDA

View Full Version : anywhere do windscreen printing?

bugjuice
10th November 2005, 13:10
i have an idea for a design on a double-bubble screen, but a) can't find a clear screen to start with ('smoked' might be the best option here), and b) don't know where to start about getting the design printed on it.. I don't want vynal, cos I still want to shine a little thru it (even tho I don't look thru it much, I don't think.. hmmm.. dunno now..)

Anyway, anyone have any blues clues? Might also do visor printing too..?

or is that a bit gay?
ta :doobey:

M1CRO
10th November 2005, 13:25
I too am looking to maybe get some custom airbrushing done. At the moment, I have made enquiries at two places. Try:

Custom Paint - Whangarei (http://www.custompaint.co.nz/)
Signcraft - Grey Lynn (http://www.signcraft.co.nz/)

Although I sent the latter one an email and they have not replied :angry:

If you find a place, would love to know about it

spudchucka
10th November 2005, 13:41
Check with any local screen printer. They usually have the gear to print onto odd shapes etc. If they can't do it they will likely know of someone that can.

bugjuice
10th November 2005, 13:49
true..
anyone any ideas on cost for this sort of thing too?

oldrider
10th November 2005, 13:57
Thread theft sorry, hey spudchuka, isn't it time your signature went digital?

bungbung
10th November 2005, 14:57
You must be able to get transparent vinyl. Send a PM to Zooter, he set me up with some vinyl stickers.

HDTboy
10th November 2005, 18:05
You could send a PM to r4q2, he's in that feild, or he'll be at the track on sunday watching

justsomeguy
10th November 2005, 18:44
Oi buggy - will this effect your tank cam?? Or are you gonna buy another clear screen and swap the two as needed?

Zapf
10th November 2005, 23:24
I know of a shop that does laser etching on leather / wine bottles / wine glasses / wood / metal / cloth.... might be able to do on blade.... the only down side is plastic might get slighly brown from the heat.

spudchucka
11th November 2005, 11:01
Thread theft sorry, hey spudchuka, isn't it time your signature went digital?
Call me old fashioned but "some just don't have a compact flash card" just doesn't give the same message.

spudchucka
11th November 2005, 11:02
You must be able to get transparent vinyl. Send a PM to Zooter, he set me up with some vinyl stickers.
Transparent vinyl is available. Screen printers will do the job easily if you want to go that way.

bugjuice
11th November 2005, 11:14
Oi buggy - will this effect your tank cam?? Or are you gonna buy another clear screen and swap the two as needed?
that's partially why I don't want the vynal, cos it'll block out the view completely. If it's just a screen print, then it'll look like it does when you look out of the window on a bus, slightly tinted.. last thing I want to do is swap screens all the time plus on the track I'll want the double bubble and most likely be using the camera there, so that's what i'm thinking about

Thanks for all the suggestions guys.. i'll follow a few up when i have time and see what happens

SlowHand
11th November 2005, 12:00
caution - loose ass quoting ahead

i have an idea for blowing-bubble screen, but a) can't find a clean ass to start with ('smoker' might be the best option here), and b) don't know where to start about getting the ass fixed on it.. I don't want anal, cos I still want to shine/shite a little thru it (even tho I don't look thru it much, I don't think.. hmmm.. dunno now..)

Anyway, anyone have any blues clues? Might also do visor fixing too..?

or is that a bit gay?
ta :doobey:

answer to last Q - yip

NhuanH
11th November 2005, 15:21
caution - loose ass quoting ahead
:rofl: bwahahahaha

Are you sure I don't know you....?