PDA

View Full Version : V Moto Monza

Eurodave
10th November 2005, 15:56
Who amongst us has one of these new 48cc scooters, designed in Aussie made in China about $2500 from Neil Freemans new place in CHCH . Are they any good, wot faults/problems have you come across, any comments etc???

texmo
10th November 2005, 19:34
I wouldnt touch them with a long stick ScooterWorld Have the rights to sell them in NZ only only them.... Other than that they are what you pay for...
For $2500 you get a brand new bike, that is very basic, which is good and bad the frame isnt very stong and the brakes are horrid but they got really well for a 50cc, also being basic they are really cheep to service and if something goes wrong its wont break the bank...
If your looking for a daily commuter its a goer.

Eurodave
10th November 2005, 20:01
LOL .....Its not for me! , but being automatic, would be ideal as an introduction to 2 wheels for my wife, as she likes the idea of no gearchanging , just like her car:2thumbsup .Maureen likes pillioneering but has never ridden on her own bike & I think this sort of relatively gentle into. may well encourage her further:yes:

texmo
10th November 2005, 20:07
If I was you which im not... I would buy an et2 or an lx50 (lx is the newer version) they are safer, larger, faster and will retain their value much better.

MisterD
11th November 2005, 11:00
There's a few of the Chinese clone scooters around, and plenty of discussion on them on the international new scooter bbs (www.scooterbbs.com) most mericans on there though...

Personally I agree with Texmo, I'd go for a Vespa but if you want to lay out less cash and cope with the lack of re-sale Jap stuff is pretty reliable. These Chinese scoots are 4-stroke so gut-less as. If you want 50cc then 2-s is the way to go.

texmo
11th November 2005, 11:09
There's a few of the Chinese clone scooters around, and plenty of discussion on them on the international new scooter bbs (www.scooterbbs.com) most mericans on there though...

Personally I agree with Texmo, I'd go for a Vespa but if you want to lay out less cash and cope with the lack of re-sale Jap stuff is pretty reliable. These Chinese scoots are 4-stroke so gut-less as. If you want 50cc then 2-s is the way to go.
Thats if laws dont change and your $10k lambretta becomes illegal...

MisterD
13th November 2005, 06:48
Thats if laws dont change and your $10k lambretta becomes illegal...

There's no way it can become illegal, until it has first become legal....:shifty:

Badcat
13th November 2005, 06:58
I wouldnt touch them with a long stick ScooterWorld Have the rights to sell them in NZ only only them.... Other than that they are what you pay for...
For $2500 you get a brand new bike, that is very basic, which is good and bad the frame isnt very stong and the brakes are horrid but they got really well for a 50cc, also being basic they are really cheep to service and if something goes wrong its wont break the bank...
If your looking for a daily commuter its a goer.

Texmo, have you actually RIDDEN one?
i have ridden both the milan and monza.
they perform pretty well for a 50 (they are both 2 strokes in reality)
i am 104 kilos and they pulled me around pretty well.
the monza is the high spec one - even has an alarm and remote start.
for the price, they make the 50cc vespa look very expensive.
what does a 50cc vespa cost new? $4500?
remember - these are bikes for newbies, and i was very impressed.
also - vmoto parts are dirt cheap.
go ride one dave, you'll be shocked how much you get for so little money.

ken

texmo
13th November 2005, 09:22
Yes, I have ridden one, have you seen how the frame bends when you sit on it? have you had a look at the internals? I couldnt turn around because my knees would hit the handel bars so a u-turn was a bit of a mish, I never said they were bad bikes but you get what you pay for....

hijact
25th May 2006, 03:22
i have one of those monza's and honestly out of the scooters i have ridden it's not too bad, good for an honest 65-70 kph, which isnt bad for a 50 is it? and for your info texmo these monza's and the milan's are actually 2 stroke, and how big are u exactly? i'm not small topping the scales at a casual 105kg and i have no trouble gettin round on my scooter, even doin u turns and the like.

if anyone here knows wellington, my scooter got up mount vic with me and my mrs on it the other day, so it cant be all that bad, i mean really?

Kudra
25th May 2006, 04:25
I've owned a Vmoto Milan 50cc for coming close to 2 years now, and I have to say I've been pretty damn impressed with its' performance. Its' motor is identical to the Monza, the Monza is tuned a little differently and should legally be allowed a pillion: the Milan is not.

I have spent very little in repairs to my scoot in the time I've owned it, and the warranty and service in Oz has been excellent. The odd little things go wrong, but they've all been minor and cheap to fix. Parts are dirt cheap, even when I had my seat broken into [completely ripped off, whole bucket & seat needed to be replaced] it didn't cost me over $100.

I'd say they are well worth a look in, especially as a first bike. However, I'm rather keen on the Belladonna RV150 I've read about - we don't have those over here AFAIK, though we are due a new 125cc 4 stroke imported by Vmoto soon, they're not far off the price point of the Belladonna and for the extra grunt if I were over there I'd be looking to spend the extra and get a decent size scoot that can go highway speed.

Splat
27th May 2009, 09:06
Hi,
This is my first post, so here goes. I have a Monza that has been a great little bike for 6 months-bought it new. It is cutting out mid-ride, but the company I bought it from (in Palmy) can't find anything wrong with it-I've had it looked at twice, as it's still under warranty. It starts again after about 5 minutes of cursing. Does anyone have experience with this or any bright ideas?

SS90
27th May 2009, 09:38
It depends what you mean by "cut out mid ride"

Does it totally shut off, then later be able to be started (perhaps when it has cooled down), or does it just "miss", and generally "fart around" ?

Splat
27th May 2009, 14:58
It just puttered down to about 2km an hour. We just got it back again from the fixit chap & he has basically stripped it & started again, seems to be going better.

The idle sounds right for a kick-off. It's not a bad wee beast, but the 2km in rush hour traffic & a second time at 10pm :shit: wasn't too hot with the daughter riding it. No doubt, we will find out soon enough if it's fixed.

Del Fuego
27th May 2009, 15:37
Vmoto supply pretty good quality product and equally importantly they have very good backup, parts etc... talk to the head office and store in Newmarket.

If I were buying one I would go for the Milan, much better seating position and general ergonomics. if it is for your wife? she will probably prefer the styling too.

Go for it, i am sure you will be impressed

davereid
27th May 2009, 17:26
It just puttered down to about 2km an hour. We just got it back again from the fixit chap & he has basically stripped it & started again, seems to be going better.

The idle sounds right for a kick-off. It's not a bad wee beast, but the 2km in rush hour traffic & a second time at 10pm :shit: wasn't too hot with the daughter riding it. No doubt, we will find out soon enough if it's fixed.

If your bike has cut out all-together its likely an electrical problem. ie brmm brmm brmm brrrrrrrrr sput.

If it starves of fuel, it may idle OK, but it will usually starve every time you use it not just now and then.

Sometimes this symptom is caused by an inlet manifold leak, or a blocking exhaust.

ie brmm brmm brm br br br brm brmm brmm

But losing power and going really slow, then conking out and refusing to restart is most likely oil starvation. The bike loses power and slows down, and smells hot.. no throttle response, and stalls if you back off the throttle. Then it may be difficult to kick start, it may not even turn over if it has nipped up.

This is very common on cheap 2stroke scooters, I have had lots in the workshop with this kind of problem.

Put oil in the petrol every time you fill if you suspect this is the problem. About 50:1 synthetic will not affect carburation, but will give you insurance aganst chinese oil pumps being maladjusted, or simply not working.

Splat
28th May 2009, 13:32
Thanks, that sounds like a good idea to me

Danae
28th May 2009, 20:33
Ugh, saw one advertising today. Personally wouldn't go near one eh.