PDA

View Full Version : VTR 1000 manual

mccool
21st February 2004, 15:41
I see there are a few KBers with VTR 1000s. I've got a copy of the factory manual and I'd be happy to photocopy pages + post to anyone that needs service info. You might as well be well informed before you take out your lumphammer and big chisel.

Send me a PM with what you want to know about and where you are. Seeya.
Larry

wkid_one
21st February 2004, 16:02
I also have one on PDF if you prefer and electronic copy

Andrew
21st February 2004, 16:12
Do you have pdf's for other bikes. Eg my bike?

wkid_one
21st February 2004, 16:19
I can try to get it for you - give me a time. Give me year of bike.

I have the 2002 Yam R1 Manual on PDF.

bungbung
21st February 2004, 19:03
Hey Wkid, can you send me the pdf?

cheers

wkid_one
21st February 2004, 19:34
Yeah man - I'll search through my cd's for the file

mangell6
22nd February 2004, 15:27
Friendly note to all - Lawyers read these sites as well and the 'copyright' law could get SPMan into serious trouble.

Check out the end result of the FZ1 Owners Association and YAMAHA's American Lawyers at their home page http://www.yamahafz1oa.com/ .
I refer to the top and the bottom of the page and if the above message was on the FZ1oa site it would either have been removed or a stern message from the administrators added to the thread.

I am not saying that I am innocent just don't want to see the site get slam dunked.

wkid_one
22nd February 2004, 15:32
Argueable point though .... I would question whether any bike manu would prosecute you for obtaining an OWNERS MANUAL for your bike - this is hardly conducive to lost revenue, or depriving legitimate retailers from revenue.

Also - if you read the manual - it specifically only excludes 'reprinting' or 'unauthorised use'. I am not reprinting the manual in the technical sense (not different than me photocopying to keep original in mint condition and it certainly isn't unauthorised use - I am using it solely for the purpose intended. There is also no commercial gain in distributing the manual. Also - as the manual stipulates the conditions of the warranty (which is bike NOT owner specific) and indicates it is to REMAIN with the bike at all times.....this dilutes the copyright issue even further

Workshop Manuals are a different story however.

mangell6
22nd February 2004, 15:51
No dispute from me at all, it's just that company lawyers are good at arguing and too many companies are getting very protective of their property and "alledged" infringements. Shoot first, ask if the shot person responds.

Cajun
2nd March 2004, 11:09

I would like a copy of the pdf version if possible please

nicmotors
16th April 2008, 20:46
hey i have a friend who is looking for a manual for their vtr1000, does anyone have a soft copy they can send me to pass on tho them?
Also i have a pdf manual for a '97 gsx r600. if anyone wants i can send em a link where i got it from.