PDA

View Full Version : Mirrors for fxr150

Pillick
12th November 2005, 19:12
The standard mirrors on the fxr seem to be completely useless - seriously, shouldn't even be legal. I spent a good 15mins on the roadside adjusting them every possible way today, and the best view I can get is a small portion of the road framed by my arm and body, with my love handles creating a dangerously large blindspot :blank:

Anybody else had this problem and found some good replacement mirrors? Can I just poach them off some other model? Seems like a pretty generic thing, just two bolts holding them on so should be a lot of ones that fit, right?

thealmightytaco
12th November 2005, 19:18
I find they work okay but gotta tuck your arm in or do the chicken wing to see through your elbow. I'm a cheap kinda guy but.

Magua
12th November 2005, 19:49
Thread Hijack in progress**

What about the rg150, the worst mirrors I've ever seen. Any suitible replacements.

Aiolos
13th November 2005, 16:44
Most bike shops have a whole catalogue of mirrors that will fit.
I think most faired suzukis have the same mounting system.

Sparky Bills
13th November 2005, 16:51
GSXR mirrors fit straight on.
They are bigger and longer, so you can see more.
You can get aftermarket ones easily enough.

bane
13th November 2005, 17:17
The standard mirrors on the fxr seem to be completely useless...
Anybody else had this problem and found some good replacement mirrors?

As a slightly wide load ...ahem... experienced the same issue.

Solution: Road & Sport Hamilton. "Iemigo Motorcycle Mirrors; 20-78292". The pair cost me ~$90 (about 18 months ago)

Pillick
14th November 2005, 21:36
sounds perfect, thanks man. will check them out tomorrow.

Pathos
14th November 2005, 21:51
Nah mirrors are a waste of time just use your neck.

Cool to see another hamiltonian on a fixxer, welcome to the forums. interested in some weekend riding?

Genesismatrix
11th December 2005, 14:01
Yeah i have the same problem the fxr150 mirrors are useless. Some one really should have thought when designing the bike that not everyone riding it will be 4.6ft tall.

Im looking for a set that will fit on my FXR 150 i hear the "Iemigo Motorcycle Mirrors; 20-78292". might fit does anyone know for sure? and a good dealer/part shop to get them from. Im in southland but anywhere in NZ will do.

FROSTY
11th December 2005, 20:37
Heres a cheaper alternative.
Buy 4 m6 tubenuts and a length of m6 threaded rod. --The nuts are hex shaped about 40mm long and will thread onto your existing mirror mounts.
Grab a bit of 25x25 pine 100mm long and cut it into 2 50mm pieces
You can see where im going with this Im sure -your existing mirrors will be spaced outwards 25mm and the cost will be around $5

_intense_
12th December 2005, 10:37
*coughcough* lose the love handles? my 1st ride was the same, never had a problem, ever, once...

Genesismatrix
12th December 2005, 17:45
"coff coff" Love handles? -charming:slap: