PDA

View Full Version : Paint

SARGE
13th November 2005, 14:34
ok... the Old FJ is looking kinda dated with the current paintjob and was thinking about sprucing her up a bit.. at BBT Saturday.. i wandered into the M/C Show pavillion and saw the new Kwakasaki Z1000 with the matte Blue paint job..

that looked frikkin horney

what do you all think of the current Matte Finish paints ?

are they durable?

know anyone who does them in the Auckland area?

Magua
13th November 2005, 14:44
Err ugg boots?

SARGE
13th November 2005, 14:46
Err ugg boots?

exactly...

Hitcher
13th November 2005, 14:52
Those matt finishes look like they will show finger marks...

SPORK
13th November 2005, 14:54
Matt paints done properly look freakin' awesome. Such as the GSXR1000K5 in black, where some panels are matt. That's also the same on the Raven R1/R6 bikes.

It's all about balance and following the lines of the bike.

James Deuce
13th November 2005, 14:56
They do show finger marks, but an even application of Pledge prevents their reoccurence. I don't know why normal polish doesn't stop that.

heavenly.talker
13th November 2005, 15:34
That bike of yours needs a custom!
Out damm stripes, out I say!

SARGE
13th November 2005, 16:41
They do show finger marks, but an even application of Pledge prevents their reoccurence. I don't know why normal polish doesn't stop that.

funny enough.. ( i will probably be" dissapeared" for telling you this...) but alot ofthe major dealerships, show promotors and magazines use Lemon furniture polish on the bikes you see..

the reason you dont see it in the mags is because a HEAP of advertising is done by the wax/ polish companies.. if you find out that furniture polish does a better job, the wax makers would pull their advertising $$'s

SARGE
13th November 2005, 16:45
That bike of yours needs a custom!
Out damm stripes, out I say!

well .. i've been pushing gobs of money into the motor and suspension for over a year.. finally getting close to where i want it ... next mechanical upgrades are the monoblock Yamaha brakes and a Gixxer1100 rear wheel so i can fit some modern rubber..

i like rolling up next to a modern litre class bike with my stripey old man's bike and holding my own off a light..:rockon:

more pull than a schoolboy..

i figure paint is next..

phoenixgtr
14th November 2005, 08:07
I think it all depends on the bike your painting. Some bikes would look damn sexy with matte paint, others just wouldn't look right

ducatilover
14th November 2005, 12:23
I think it all depends on the bike your painting. Some bikes would look damn sexy with matte paint, others just wouldn't look right
i second that:yes:

The_Dover
14th November 2005, 12:28
I think you should paint the FJ in some kind of pink metalflake finish with some neon green detailing, beeootiful.

It actually has pink strip on it though doesn't it? It would actually look ratty as fuck in a matte finish I reckon, just the wrong style of bike. Keep it clean and original and 'sleeper' it.

SARGE
14th November 2005, 12:38
I think you should paint the FJ in some kind of pink metalflake finish with some neon green detailing, beeootiful.

It actually has pink strip on it though doesn't it? It would actually look ratty as fuck in a matte finish I reckon, just the wrong style of bike. Keep it clean and original and 'sleeper' it.

man.. if i got it any cleaner.. i'd be taking the paint off anyway..

as far as being a "sleeper.."

:giggle:

heavenly.talker
15th November 2005, 21:56
:giggle:

Okay who the hell are you and what have you done with the real Sarge?

SARGE
15th November 2005, 22:00
Okay who the hell are you and what have you done with the real Sarge?

thats the booze talking...or giggling

would you maybe prefer :sneer:

maybe

:grrrrrrrrr:

how bout

:chomp:

heavenly.talker
15th November 2005, 22:01
Glad you made it back to us there Sarge lol!

SARGE
15th November 2005, 22:17
Glad you made it back to us there Sarge lol!

just needed a bigass Cubano and a bottle of Whiskey and she came right..

DMNTD
27th November 2005, 12:16
Hmmmmmmm...TLs in matt black and subtle graphic's:blank:
Insane in the membrane?

R1madness
27th November 2005, 16:11
Who cares what we think its you that has to ride it........ :spudbn: I like matt black and titanium :rockon:

Macktheknife
27th November 2005, 16:21
What about the whole bike in matte black with neon stripes in pink and yellow? and some green polka dots with purple stars?

Maybe just stick with the black.

FROSTY
27th November 2005, 21:12
My opinion--there is only ONE good paint job for the FJ
gloss black with the gold stripes/trim
It looks frigging awsome in that color scheme

ducatilover
27th November 2005, 21:15
My opinion--there is only ONE good paint job for the FJ
gloss black with the gold stripes/trim
It looks frigging awsome in that color scheme
same as my old mans fj.....it has a four into one and he came down the road today and it sounded like he was sitting at 6000rpm+ and then he had to slow down to turn into our road and yeah......how fast is that sarge? 6000-7000 in top?:blink:

John
27th November 2005, 21:22
save the trouble, sell it and get a real bike.

giggity giggity...

SARGE
27th November 2005, 21:34
same as my old mans fj.....it has a four into one and he came down the road today and it sounded like he was sitting at 6000rpm+ and then he had to slow down to turn into our road and yeah......how fast is that sarge? 6000-7000 in top?:blink:

i'll never tell :doh:

giggity giggity...

i'm sorry John... remind me what you ride again?

John
27th November 2005, 21:48
i'm sorry John... remind me what you ride again?

same one you sold me. (but de gayed)

SARGE
27th November 2005, 21:50
same one you sold me. (but de gayed)

you can only 'de-gay" those so much...[p/t]

ducatilover
27th November 2005, 21:55

giggity giggity...
i take it hats an example of what not to get?:yes: