PDA

View Full Version : P.S.

Lou Girardin
23rd February 2004, 18:29
I forgot to mention the ride north from Wellington on Saturday. With some time and therapy I may forget it again.
It was without doubt the scariest, most pants filling ride I've ever done.
We left the ferry at 1.15PM. From Levin north we struck 140 to 160 km/h crosswinds, I was down to 80 - 90 km/h at times and was being blown onto the far side of the road, I seriously thought it would take the bike out from under me. I overtook a car doing about 70 k's and couldn't get back into my lane. The oncoming cars that were a couple of km's away were getting real close before I managed to pull left. Things got better fron Hunterville on, until the Desert Rd. then we had winds almost as strong and a bit of rain thrown in for luck. Still, we got to Rotorua by 7.00PM.
Next time it'll be 'bugger work, I'll get back when I get back".
Lou

Hitcher
24th February 2004, 08:10
I forgot to mention the ride north from Wellington on Saturday. With some time and therapy I may forget it again.
It was without doubt the scariest, most pants filling ride I've ever done.
We left the ferry at 1.15PM. From Levin north we struck 140 to 160 km/h crosswinds, I was down to 80 - 90 km/h at times and was being blown onto the far side of the road, I seriously thought it would take the bike out from under me. I overtook a car doing about 70 k's and couldn't get back into my lane. The oncoming cars that were a couple of km's away were getting real close before I managed to pull left. Things got better fron Hunterville on, until the Desert Rd. then we had winds almost as strong and a bit of rain thrown in for luck. Still, we got to Rotorua by 7.00PM.
Next time it'll be 'bugger work, I'll get back when I get back".
Lou

Sounds a bit like the previous Saturday too when we were over in the Wairarapa. Certainly a good reason not to tuck your trousers into your boots...

Wenier
24th February 2004, 09:24
yea the weather has been a bit of a factor lately. Ive been sticking to the car gonna be happy once i get to ride my bike today. i had one where i passed a truck came out the front got hit by a strong cross wind and was on the far side of the wrong lane managed to pull it back over quickly thou. :)

Wenier
24th February 2004, 09:28
jus checking something

Wenier
24th February 2004, 09:29
hopefully this is better

Wenier
24th February 2004, 09:31
comon
this time

Wenier
24th February 2004, 09:32
please b rite

merv
24th February 2004, 10:55
Wenier you just trying to get your posts up or what?

Wenier
24th February 2004, 14:23
no jus trying something that didnt work. Thanks for asking.

ching_ching
24th February 2004, 16:10
Shot over to Waiouru for some fish and chips on Sunday (was that the day where there was a break in the weather?).

Cross winds happening at the Deserted Road also but sounds like not as strong as the ones you encountered. Must've felt like you were going to be swept up to the Land Oz. :crazy:

ching