PDA

View Full Version : Scooter training survey

Riderskills
13th November 2005, 18:37
Anyone think there is a requirement for scooter training? (specifically mopeds up to 2KW power)

I'm looking at putting together a course for cagers fed up with the fuel prices and looking for a convenient mode of transport without having to go through the class 6 graduated licensing procedures.

My initial thoughts on course content is machine control skills with a good bit of advice on roadsense.

Do you think there is a market for this? Would it lead to more bikes on the road?

Let me know your thoughts and what you think should be included on the course, or if you think it would be a waste of time.

scootnz
13th November 2005, 18:42
are you talking about getting people on mopeds, rather than scooters? a lot of scooters need motorcycle licences, and it sounds like you're talking about riding a moped on a car licence.

Riderskills
13th November 2005, 18:43
Yes sorry, I was talking about mopeds (most of which are 2kw scooters). Thanks for pointing that out

bigbadwolf
6th December 2005, 10:19
i think if you integrated stuff like discounts on scooters and helmets etc. for the people that do the course there would be a decent market. and if the training was relatively cheap then more people would be exposed to the benefits of riding!

your target demographic is probably high school and uni students, cos i doubt many middle aged cage drivers with big 4wd's are gonna be wanting to be seen on a scooter...

:scooter:

Ixion
6th December 2005, 10:25

your target demographic is probably high school and uni students, cos i doubt many middle aged cage drivers with big 4wd's are gonna be wanting to be seen on a scooter...

:scooter:

Not so sure about the cage driver bit. I've heard of a few opting for a scoot as petrol goes up. Some of the bike shop chaps might comment - Sarge ?

James Deuce
6th December 2005, 10:56
I think it's a great idea.

The damn things are becoming a plague down here, and there is very little in the way of safety awareness or roadsense displayed by these neophyte bikers.