PDA

View Full Version : PMCC RD1 - Lightning Strikes Twice!!

dickytoo
14th November 2005, 12:16
It was an interesting day for us (my buddy anthony and i). Just before the first race F1, anthony stalled at the exit of the pit lane and as i ran over to help him push start the bike, we found the gear lever had snapped. So it was back to the pits.

I replaced the gear lever with a spare that had been repaired and just before the start of the second race, as i was putting the bike into gear so that we could push start it, the replacement gear lever snapped as well!:angry: After much frantic work, we managed to get the bike fixed. Anthony was still in pit lane when the race was started and after a frantic chase, he managed to run down the last two guys in the field.

Anthony managed to get a start on the third race and finished up 5th, I think in the F1 class.

Next week, it's puke time and we hope for a better showing.

BTW, a big hello to Frosty - we were pitted next to you and you seemed to really enjoy your day.:2thumbsup

FROSTY
16th November 2005, 17:14
Mate i had no idea it was you---why in heck diddnt ya introduce yaself ??

dickytoo
17th November 2005, 07:50
Mate i had no idea it was you---why in heck diddnt ya introduce yaself ??

cause i'm really shy! everytime i tried to, you were busy and when you weren't i was!

it wasn't our best weekend - two broken gear levers just before the race started each time! anthony finished up 5th or 6th in the last F1 race so it wasn't too bad.

you going to the puke round this weekend? i'll be there so we can have a better yarn - that pesky generator we had made it hard to hear anyone (anthony forgot the extension lead).

FROSTY
17th November 2005, 15:53
all good my man--yep Ill be there --I try to pit in the garages--being a sensitive shy type meself--NOT

dickytoo
18th November 2005, 07:05
yeah, i noticed!

a bunch of wellingtonians are coming up for this weekend. derek and craig are camping out at my place so it should be fun. one time, i think it was last years nationals, i had 9 bikes in my garage.

let's hope for fine weather. i hate changing tyres on 6" rims.