PDA

View Full Version : Strat lives up to the name!!

SlowHand
14th November 2005, 14:21
well, almost. Got a new rig on sat. Im absolutely loving it.

solid mahogny tele style body, Squire strat neck, not sure what the pups are.

And some amp im not too sure about - but I was told by my Tommy Immanelle playing teacher/mate that its a deal and a half.

Open the pic and just listen - now THAT'S sustain. I just need a 18" stone henge model to go with it....

the sound out of it is quite hendrix/floyd-esque. I luf it!

Motu
14th November 2005, 14:28
The Harley Davidson of the guitar world,a centuries old American design living on nothing but it's name....

Dadpole
14th November 2005, 14:35
The Harley Davidson of the guitar world,a centuries old American design living on nothing but it's name....

:rofl: 10 characters my left testicle...

The_Dover
14th November 2005, 14:42
Those H+K amps are pretty sweet, german gear. Is it a solid state or tube model? I nearly bought one a few years back but couldn't part with my trusty Marshall rig, until I sold it to move to the otherside of the world!

SlowHand
14th November 2005, 15:28
I don't know whether its solid or tube, gona ask more about gear later on.
Dirty MOtu - only fender bit is the neck. She's a custom body. :nya:

Motu
14th November 2005, 16:16
Like all those choppers where nothing in them is Harley,except the look.But you wonder at the total obsesion with the copycat looks,most likely cause they got it right first time - you can't improve on perfection.We got some sorta good Jap Strat,a lookalike Les Paul and a couple of lookalke Fender bases at home...the real thing would be extra nice,but kinda wasted.

Drunken Monkey
14th November 2005, 16:32
I had a Squire once, although it had a 'bullet series' neck, whatever that was.
I have a mex fat strat now. I like humbuckers :)
Sounds good on the Marshal VS65R.

Settings, Clean:
Bass 4
Middle 6
Treble 7

Settings, Dirty:
Gain 6
Bass 4
Contour 7
Treble 7

Reverb 3

:rockon: :2thumbsup

SPORK
14th November 2005, 19:14
Meh, ESPs!

All the real guitar players use ESPs. Alexi Laiho, James Hetfield, Kirk Hammet, George Lynch, and so many many more!

Rhino
14th November 2005, 19:29
Until I seperated from my Ex, I had a 1974 Maple Neck Strat. A wonderful guitar to play. As two of my kids were learning, I left it for them to move onto.

Since then I have been given another Strat as a birthday present. I still love them. If Gibson could produce a guitar with the Les Paul sound and a Strat neck, they would have a winner. Every Gibson I have played seems to have a 4x2 as a neck.

The_Dover
14th November 2005, 19:46
Come and play my Les Paul Rhino. It's got a pretty nice neck on it, shame I've only got a piss-ant little practice amp!!

ESP?? Nah, too buzzy in my experience. Never been a fan. There was a company called Patrick Eggle used to make some nice guitars, a bit like PRS but without the wank factor and much nicer finishes, or an early eighties B.C. Rich Mockingbird mmmmmm