PDA

View Full Version : Truck transport from Auckland to trackday.

FROSTY
14th November 2005, 18:18
Death Inc has offered transport for a number of bikes and gear to the KB trackday
This is on a shared cost basis. The truck will cost $600 including fuel
6 bikes mean $100 each -12 bikes 50 etc etc.
The truck will be based in SARF Auckland (thats south Auckland to the uncoof amongst us)
The Rule is --Them who want stuff transported must get the stuff to deaths place --NOT NEGOTIABLE.
Anybody interested please post here.
Id really strongly suggest taking advantage of this great offer.

So far we have
DEath Inc
Draco
Just some guy
SpankMe
Bugeyed wondermouse (bugjuice)
Chickenfunkstar
Strat
white trash x2 (3)

SlowHand
14th November 2005, 19:45
what's the go with buttock transportation:lol: ? do we find our own rides?

DEATH_INC.
15th November 2005, 19:23
I am offering transport for a number of bikes and gear to the KB trackday
This is on a shared cost basis. The truck will cost $600 including fuel
6 bikes mean $100 each -12 bikes 50 etc etc.
The truck will be based in SARF Auckland (thats south Auckland to the uncoof amongst us)
The Rule is --Them who want stuff transported must get the stuff to My place --NOT NEGOTIABLE.
Anybody interested please post here.
Id really strongly suggest taking advantage of this great offer-(frosty)

This offer will only stay for a couple of weeks (end of the month say....) cause if we can't get enough takers in time to organise it, it won't happen.:thud:
What we're looking at is hiring a big truck which my flatmate will pilot (so you don't have to trust me. :blink:) so can prolly fit up to 20 odd bikes,but will adjust dependent on interest(he's got a licence for anything so even a b-train is possible if everyone want's to come)
If there aren't enough takers, I may be able to hire a largish trailer and take a couple more that way(shared cost of course),but again we need to know NOW!!!!
As for buttt transport I'm sure a few of you could chuck in together to hire a van or minibus or conn someone's girlfreind with a car....

So far we have
DEath Inc
Draco
Just some guy
SpankMe
Chickenfunkstar

SlowHand
15th November 2005, 21:43
Im definately in with a grin Death.

justsomeguy
15th November 2005, 23:39
I'm in too - my bike that is.

I will try and see if I can get a lift with someone.

Are you going down on Sat or Sun???

DEATH_INC.
16th November 2005, 19:03
Head down early sunday morn.Will like to have bikes here on saturday evening,preferably not too late(gotta get some sleep).Bring tie-downs/rope :niceone:

chickenfunkstar
20th November 2005, 21:09
Hey death,

I'm quite interested. Do you have any idea of what the shared cost is likely to be?
Which area do you live in?

I can probably take some people down in my car if needed.

Test Pilot
21st November 2005, 14:13
Yo, I could be keen for a split cost option, will you be going through rotorua?? cause im stopping the night there and crashing at HDTboys place. What would a rough cost be??

FROSTY
21st November 2005, 18:29
wakey wakey you lot.
Pull fingers outa arses and friggin organise yaselves
Deaths offering a heck of a deal here

justsomeguy
23rd November 2005, 22:00
Hey death,

I'm quite interested. Do you have any idea of what the shared cost is likely to be?
Which area do you live in?

I can probably take some people down in my car if needed.

Sweet - I need a lift down there. Is there still room in your cage??

Death lives in Southern Auckland.

chickenfunkstar
24th November 2005, 08:12
Sweet - I need a lift down there. Is there still room in your cage??

Death lives in Southern Auckland.

Yeah sure. We can sort out the details out closer to the time if you like.

FROSTY
24th November 2005, 10:27
awrighty you lot -help out death and pm him or summat with confirmed numbers

bugjuice
24th November 2005, 10:39
Death, you still got a spot?

Lookin to get the 'juicer down there. I can get myself there, cos I'll have company, and I'll make my own way. Can drop the bike off anywhere and do minor preps when I get there..

SpankMe
24th November 2005, 10:57
Is this still looking at being a go? What are the numbers upto? You can add me if it's still looking like it's gonna happen.

justsomeguy
24th November 2005, 18:25
Is this still looking at being a go? What are the numbers upto? You can add me if it's still looking like it's gonna happen.

There are about 4 confirmed including me. About 7-8 in total if all those who have posted here in the last day turn up too.

DEATH_INC.
25th November 2005, 12:19
Shared cost remember....so it'll depend on how many wanna go.We'll hire as big a truck as we need so again no probs with room,a b-train will fit about 100 bikes if need be.......
I need definate no's at the end of the month,so all those sitting on the fence will need to confirm by then,then we'll sort out what we're gonna hire and will advise cost.

bugjuice
25th November 2005, 12:23
I'm def in def, if dats ok.
I need da bike dere, i can get dere mesef.
cha

bugjuice
25th November 2005, 12:49
60 is a bit higher than I thought, but if that's for fuel for the truck and for the driver, then sounds reasonable to me.
I'm sold. Just let me know what, when un where I need to go/do/be..

my bike gets car sick tho, so have to be careful, and not put it next to JSGs bike.

DEATH_INC.
25th November 2005, 13:04
Don't be a tightarse BJ:bash: ,it costs me about $70 to run my 4X4 down there and back:blink: .....and it'd prolly cost yer at least $40 to ride there and home :ride: .The price didn't include driver fuel either,he's giving up his time for free:thud: .

bugjuice
25th November 2005, 13:21
i was merely giving everyone else an insight into what a bargain it is, and thinking out loud too. I can type faster than I can think, so it helps sometimes..
I'm in wiv a grin anyhoo

FROSTY
25th November 2005, 13:58
first post edited

bugjuice
25th November 2005, 14:00
oi!
I read dat...

SlowHand
25th November 2005, 14:18
Im definately in with a grin Death.

ahem cough cough aaaachew! (dang hayfever)

White trash
28th November 2005, 17:24
PM sent.

Now I can get pissed on the way down in the passenger seat of the cage. Eh babe? Babe?...

justsomeguy
28th November 2005, 17:55
my bike gets car sick tho, so have to be careful, and not put it next to JSGs bike.

Ya woteva - I don't want my bike next to that citrus fruit with malfunctioning headlights either:nono:

Ok - On a serious note - I sold my ZXR on Sunday to one of Ant's friends.

I'm looking for a replacement 250 - preferably a CBR. If I manage to find a bike - I will be in otherwise I may have to bow out.

texmo
30th November 2005, 00:30
I am in please put me down for a spot death...

justsomeguy
2nd December 2005, 16:48
Ok looks like 9 all up,so it'll be 67 bux each (texmo is taking jsg's spot).I'll go check out our options this weekend and confirm everything asap.

Oi who said I was giving up my spot??:blink:

Give me at least till the end of next week to find a bike. :yes:

PLEEEEEEEEEASSSSSSEEEEEEE :spudbn:

I've got 2 CBR's lined up - just need to decide on a price with the owners - hopefully I'll score one of the two. :whistle:

DEATH_INC.
2nd December 2005, 16:53
texmo actually......but I'll make sure you'll fit too,just in case....:spudbn:
The more the better,this is actually costing me more than if I took my own vehicle down,see how much I love you guys..........

justsomeguy
2nd December 2005, 17:01
texmo actually......but I'll make sure you'll fit too,just in case....:spudbn:

Did he:angry: - Texmo you little dickhead :bash::bash: :bash:

The more the better,this is actually costing me more than if I took my own vehicle down,see how much I love you guys..........

Huh why?? Please make sure all the costs are shared around. ALL the costs. Thanks. This should NOT cost you more, you've done more than enough for us chaps.

DEATH_INC.
2nd December 2005, 17:07
easy,my 4wd costs 70 bux there and back,two times 60 (me and draco)is 120 bux.....
Not growling,just letting you's know....:doobey:

justsomeguy
2nd December 2005, 17:24
easy,my 4wd costs 70 bux there and back,two times 60 (me and draco)is 120 bux.....
Not growling,just letting you's know....:doobey:

OK - I think that cost needs to be shared too. As you would have saved $120 if you went to Taupo like you did last time with just the GSXR and CBR on the back.......instead you've as usual gone out of your way to help us out.

I hope others agree with me too.

Come on guys everyone chip in ten bucks each and we're nearly there.:yes:

N4CR
2nd December 2005, 18:46
If ya get any more spaces left that would be great. I sorta figured after talking to texmo that riding down and back is going to be a little tiring on a sportsbike with racing on as well. there goes the tiredness excuse

DEATH_INC.
4th December 2005, 12:32
Right all, I just need confirmation of who's in , then I'll work out the $$$$ and pm my bank details. Looking at around $60 still as first thought.I'm gonna go book it in the morning so I need solid no's.

Definates are:
Myself X2-I guess ive paid too....
Whitetrash (X2...Riffraff I assume....)
SpankMe-paid
chickenfunkstar-paid
Strat-paid
BJ-paid
texmo-out (trashed bike)
tristank-out (family stuff)
justsomeguy-paid
Cibbychick

SpankMe
4th December 2005, 12:50
Count me in. What do I need to secure the bike?

texmo
4th December 2005, 19:13
Put me in to, I can give you the $300 tomoro as long as I get it back... well deduct my share and give $200 to spank me...

FROSTY
5th December 2005, 07:11
AWRIGHTY THEN --DEATH NEEDS YOUR FUNDAGE--NOW

DEATH_INC.
5th December 2005, 17:12
Yep,she's all booked,bank details on their way...

bugjuice
5th December 2005, 17:49
anyone who can donate some ratchet straps/tie downs etc etc could be thanked for the loan. Should be returned at the end of it..
also, rags n towels could be handy too

N4CR
5th December 2005, 19:23
anyone who can donate some ratchet straps/tie downs etc etc could be thanked for the loan. Should be returned at the end of it..
also, rags n towels could be handy too

I can get a few of those elastic strap things, might be good for keeping lighter things tied down or keeping front wheel straight or something like that. I can also get a huge amount of cable ties (gotta love being in IT ;) ).

If ya need any let me know.

chickenfunkstar
5th December 2005, 21:05
If anyone wants a ride down i'm taking the cage, leaving early on sunday morning. Give us a buzz if you're interested.

DEATH_INC.
6th December 2005, 08:23
I'm updating the confirmed list as I get yer payments :niceone:

bugjuice
6th December 2005, 08:40
I can get a few of those elastic strap things, might be good for keeping lighter things tied down or keeping front wheel straight or something like that. I can also get a huge amount of cable ties (gotta love being in IT ;) ).

If ya need any let me know.
may be, but the elastic ones are the worst for even trying to tie down heavy stuff, let alone bikes! But never know what else they could come in handy for. At worst, we'll use those to tie down JSGs bike..

DEATH_INC.
6th December 2005, 16:55
may be, but the elastic ones are the worst for even trying to tie down heavy stuff, let alone bikes! But never know what else they could come in handy for. At worst, we'll use those to tie down JSGs bike..
I was just gonna tie it to the back......:lol:

DEATH_INC.
8th December 2005, 07:15
Ok,what time you guys gonna drop yer shiz off? I'm not picking up the truck 'till 4.30pm sat so I'd prefer them after that,but obviously some are heading off before that.

White trash
8th December 2005, 07:21
Ok,what time you guys gonna drop yer shiz off? I'm not picking up the truck 'till 4.30pm sat so I'd prefer them after that,but obviously some are heading off before that.

I'll come 'round after that, help ya tie the fuckers down if ya like.

Money's going through today too.

bugjuice
8th December 2005, 08:27
I was thinking about getting away earlier than that, to make a nice little trip of the weekend. Any chance I could drop my bike off in the morning?
pain, I know, but whatcha gonna do?

White trash
8th December 2005, 08:34
I was thinking about getting away earlier than that, to make a nice little trip of the weekend. Any chance I could drop my bike off in the morning?

I'll look after it 'till Death's got room for it.

You're welcome.

bugjuice
8th December 2005, 08:38
how about I take all the spark plugs out of it first and leave the ignition set to off (not lock)?

Cibby
8th December 2005, 09:46
hay Death.

Will you please take my baby down as well.. Can drop it off on saturday afternoon after work on my way down... :)

PM with details please..

Cheers

Cibby.

DEATH_INC.
8th December 2005, 16:15

Easy,I'll leave it out on the road for all the local kiddies to play on :bleh:
That's why I'm asking,so I know how much room I need 'till we get the truck:eyepoke:

bugjuice
8th December 2005, 16:40
well then consider this a request for a morning drop :bleh:

leave it out for the grubby kids to ..... pah! Just keep it away from WT

DEATH_INC.
11th December 2005, 14:12
Just a reminder for those that haven't paid yet,I NEED yer funds before the weekend so I can get the truck.:spudbooge
All those that have paid,I'll PM ya my address (and the rest of ya as I get it)so's you know where to come to.Plz try to be here between 6pm and 8pm (obviously some will be here earlier...) so we can load ya straight up and so I can get a couple of hours sleep before we leave at about 4.30am.
Thanks all
Only 7 more sleeps!

DEATH_INC.
13th December 2005, 07:39
Bugger another one out, try and conn yer mates to be in.
The updated list....

Myself X2-I guess ive paid too....
Whitetrash (X2...Riffraff I assume....)-paid
SpankMe-paid
chickenfunkstar-paid
Strat-paid
BJ-paid
texmo-out (trashed bike)
tristank-out (family stuff)
justsomeguy-paid
Cibbychick-paid
Loosebruce-lucky if I ever see anything outta this one......maybe some pizza's.....

bugjuice
13th December 2005, 09:48
bugga.. just say what the diff is, and we can manage that between us if the numbers fall short.

I'll also sort my act out and let you know what time I'll be over with the bike, cos I'm then heading straight off from yours.

texmo
13th December 2005, 09:54
Death I am more than happy to pay up, I said I would go you factored that in.

DEATH_INC.
13th December 2005, 11:44
Death I am more than happy to pay up, I said I would go you factored that in.
I appreciate that,but I really don't expect you to:spudbooge
It looks like Loosebruce is joining us too,he's gonna cage down sunday morn if anyone needs a lift,just split the gas bill with him.(honda civic,should use like $2 or so....):banana: Give him a ring/txt on 021 2236081

bugjuice
14th December 2005, 10:17
I have a spare cage seat or two, for the right lucky person. Leaving Saturday morning after dropping off the bike at Death's place, and staying in Vagas. PM me if interested.

SlowHand
14th December 2005, 12:41
I have a spare cage seat or two, for the right lucky person. Leaving Saturday morning after dropping off the bike at Death's place, and staying in Vagas. PM me if interested.

Of course you would need to check his headlights and share a gear stick with him. Be a brave soul that takes this offer.

bugjuice
14th December 2005, 14:53
huh.. i'm not that bad... am I? :o

DEATH_INC.
14th December 2005, 17:06
Righto,one last thing,the truck hasta be back by 8.00 am monday,I can fit a few bikes in the shed (maybe 4 or 5 at a squish) so It'd be good if some of ya can collect 'em on sunday night.

loosebruce
14th December 2005, 22:51
Yea i'll pay ya when i bloody well feel like it, after xmas sometime, you can blow the TL up again if you like in the meantime, should be fun.

DEATH_INC.
16th December 2005, 19:45
One last point,I'm undertaking this on a all care but no responsibility basis,'cept for the TL which'll get neither.We're gonna be as careful as poss,but don't come crying to me if something happens.