PDA

View Full Version : Club 250 auckland

aff-man
24th February 2004, 10:38
Taking a page out of darren's book. Are there any peps ot there in auckland that wanna do the same thing??? if so i would be keen for a ride next weekend or something??

MikeL
24th February 2004, 11:22
Hey Aff-man
Long time no see!
If you get the 250 Club up and running, don't forget to join the rest of us occasionally for a ride as well.

Motoracer
24th February 2004, 11:38
I am keen as for a nice little 250 ride :innocent:

6Chris6
4th March 2004, 20:30
Taking a page out of darren's book. Are there any peps ot there in auckland that wanna do the same thing??? if so i would be keen for a ride next weekend or something??

Damn right. Just found this site and hoped there'd be something like this, lets do it doesn't matter how many people, more will come in time. I'm up for a ride any and all weekends.

Two Smoker
4th March 2004, 20:37
Im up for rides, just tell me when and where, i prefer sundays b/c i dont have work then, but i finish work around midday on saturday.

How about some more details? Ive know a couple of ppl that will come but have slightly bigger bikes. Is it cool if they come??

But other than that, I'm keen as :rockon:

aff-man
5th March 2004, 09:00
well i don't know about you guys but mike made a suggestion that we do the toy run on sunday and then go for a ride after that. Now if the weather is anything like today i plan on being on the bike all day so, does the above mentioned plan sound good, or are there some other suggestions????

MikeL
5th March 2004, 10:27
well i don't know about you guys but mike made a suggestion that we do the toy run on sunday and then go for a ride after that. Now if the weather is anything like today i plan on being on the bike all day so, does the above mentioned plan sound good, or are there some other suggestions????

If the weather's good after the Toy Run I'm thinking of scooting across to Mt Maunganui for a swim and then back via Waihi, Whangamata, Kopu, Miranda etc. Any of you guys are welcome to join me.

aff-man
5th March 2004, 11:15
I'll be in for that . Where are we meeting on sunday???? I have don't really know my way to cambridge.

Andrew
5th March 2004, 11:52
You guys make me so jealous! :brick:

MikeL
5th March 2004, 11:57
I'll be in for that . Where are we meeting on sunday???? I have don't really know my way to cambridge.

We can meet at the usual place (the Autobahn just off the motorway by Papakura). I'll just have to confirm a time - will post again later.

6Chris6
5th March 2004, 16:00
We can meet at the usual place (the Autobahn just off the motorway by Papakura). I'll just have to confirm a time - will post again later.

I'd be keen to if thats allright. What the F@#%'s a toy run?

Two Smoker
5th March 2004, 16:09
Im keen as are a few people i know, is it this sunday? and if so are we going to meet somewhere to ride down?

Firefight
5th March 2004, 19:13

Hey aff, were have you been ??

firefight :Pokey:

Hoon
5th March 2004, 21:23

Only if its around Pukekohe as my 250 aint street legal :(

MikeL
6th March 2004, 11:25
Anyone want to take the long way to Cambridge on Sunday? SH22 Tuakau - Naike - Waingaro - Whatawhata.
Will be leaving from Papakura Autobahn at 8:30 (with map).
If the weather is good I won't be staying long in Hamilton after the Toy Ride but will head off to Mt Maunganui fairly quickly. Quick swim and then return via Waihi - Whangamata. Aim to be back in Auckland by 5:30 or 6:00.

Two Smoker
6th March 2004, 11:34
Anyone want to take the long way to Cambridge on Sunday? SH22 Tuakau - Naike - Waingaro - Whatawhata.
If the weather is good I won't be staying long in Hamilton after the Toy Ride but will head off to Mt Maunganui fairly quickly. Quick swim and then return via Waihi - Whangamata. Aim to be back in Auckland by 5:30 or 6:00.
What time does the Cambridge Toy run start?

6Chris6
6th March 2004, 12:04
Yup, see ya there

aff-man
6th March 2004, 12:18
Yip if the weather is good i'll be out there with a grin on my face ( first ride in absolutely ages) so it could be quite fun. I havn't quite got to the edge of my tyres doing stupid commuting but i try :2thumbsup . As to your question firefight i kinda was working full time while doing a whole heap of other crap but now it's back to the student life which means heaps more riding =)

MikeL
6th March 2004, 15:42
What time does the Cambridge Toy run start?

From memory I think we leave Cambridge at 11:00 (or is it 11:30?)
(I think my brain needs a RAM upgrade.)

MadDuck
6th March 2004, 17:04
Damn I missed this thread. I am meeting a group and leaving Autobahn at 8.15am.
Maybe I will try and seek you out in Cambridge...LMAO the MadDuck going up to every 250cc on the Toy Run. :eek:

Andrew
6th March 2004, 19:21
As to your question firefight i kinda was working full time while doing a whole heap of other crap but now it's back to the student life which means heaps more riding =)

How do you manage to come up with that? I'm having to down grade my riding totally as a result of going back to studies. I've got 3d vector calculus assignment, La place transforms theory to apply to electromagnetic wave. Plus micro controller lab write up, and we haven't even really started to get back into the swing of things. How do you manage to figure that out? Are you going for bum student title of the year or something? :niceone:

Firefight
6th March 2004, 19:28
How do you manage to come up with that? I'm having to down grade my riding totally as a result of going back to studies. I've got 3d vector calculus assignment, La place transforms theory to apply to electromagnetic wave. Plus micro controller lab write up, and we haven't even really started to get back into the swing of things. How do you manage to figure that out? Are you going for bum student title of the year or something? :niceone:

Don't hold back Andrew, say what you mean. :Pokey:

Firefight :wacko:

Andrew
6th March 2004, 19:31
Don't hold back Andrew, say what you mean. :Pokey:

Firefight :wacko:

Whats that meant to mean?.........

Firefight
6th March 2004, 19:42
Whats that meant to mean?.........

Not sure could be sarcasim, could be humor ? RU rideing tomorow

F/F :wacko:

Andrew
6th March 2004, 21:14
Not sure could be sarcasim, could be humor ? RU rideing tomorow

F/F :wacko:

Take a leaf out of your mate Einstein's book and go study physics.

aff-man
7th March 2004, 06:26
Student life means i don't work 50 hours a week and i can get almost everything done during the week, which leaves the weekend (or at least sunday) free for riding. As for the work well i do have to do oodles of reading/learning for cisco networking tests, an ecological engineering assignment, learn about microprocessors and try to understand the fundementals of the control system theorum. I just prioritise when it comes to my ike :msn-wink:

6Chris6
7th March 2004, 06:30
Student life means i don't work 50 hours a week and i can get almost everything done during the week, which leaves the weekend (or at least sunday) free for riding. As for the work well i do have to do oodles of reading/learning for cisco networking tests, an ecological engineering assignment, learn about microprocessors and try to understand the fundementals of the control system theorum. I just prioritise when it comes to my ike :msn-wink:
We got a nice day for it Aff man :rockon:

MikeL
7th March 2004, 19:57
Well guys here I am home again minus bike and with my arm in a sling. Total damage to me: broken collar-bone, sprained wrist, bruise on right knee. Quite a lot of pain from the fracture, but the worst is that it will take 4-6 weeks to heal apparently. Until then, no riding. :disapint:
As for the GSX, we'll see what the insurance assessor has to say. One relief: just checked my credit card statement and the premium payment has gone through. Whew!
Sorry Aff-man and Lemon to spoil your ride. I felt terrible sitting there waiting for the ambulance and the truck knowing that you could be enjoying yourselves at the Toy Run. Thanks for staying and looking after the bike. I forgot to check whether the towie wanted payment - shouldn't have as it was through the AA, but if he did just let me know. Anyway, I owe you big time. Will make it up to you some time. Thanks again.
Now off for a dose of pain-killer: bottle of white wine!

Two Smoker
7th March 2004, 20:17
Shit what happened MikeL??? Obviously you came off, but what happened to cause that? Trying to show off infront of the youger ones;) *joking* Give us details please:)

Hope you get better :soon: mate:rockon:

6Chris6
7th March 2004, 20:27
Well guys here I am home again minus bike and with my arm in a sling. Total damage to me: broken collar-bone, sprained wrist, bruise on right knee. Quite a lot of pain from the fracture, but the worst is that it will take 4-6 weeks to heal apparently. Until then, no riding. :disapint:
As for the GSX, we'll see what the insurance assessor has to say. One relief: just checked my credit card statement and the premium payment has gone through. Whew!
Sorry Aff-man and Lemon to spoil your ride. I felt terrible sitting there waiting for the ambulance and the truck knowing that you could be enjoying yourselves at the Toy Run. Thanks for staying and looking after the bike. I forgot to check whether the towie wanted payment - shouldn't have as it was through the AA, but if he did just let me know. Anyway, I owe you big time. Will make it up to you some time. Thanks again.
Now off for a dose of pain-killer: bottle of white wine!

Hi Mike, good to hear from you, towie was sweet didn't want payment but wanted to lie bike down on trailer :gob: but we talked him out of it. Enjoy the wine by the way i have photos of bike, corner etc if you would like me to send them to you let me know. The only thing you owe us is another ride when your up to it. Take care, it's not that long!

Andrew
7th March 2004, 20:40
So sorry to hear about your off Mike. Hope you have a speedy revovery and you don't encounter too much bureaucracy with the insurance. Life just ain't fair is it? I've come off a couple of times, and never have I even had so much as a bruise or graze. If I'm correct then this is your first off?

MikeL
7th March 2004, 21:59
Not much to explain really. Highway 22, a RH corner, a bit too much speed, a bit too wide, gravel on the side - a few inches further in and I would have been O.K. As for showing off in front of the younger ones, well I dunno...
:Oops:
Thanks for your concern Andrew. Yes it was my first off. Probably not my last.
Thanks for your offer to send the photos Lemon Buyer. I'm not sure I could bear to look at the pic of my bike but send it anyway!

Two Smoker
7th March 2004, 22:01
Gutted, glad to hear that you are going to be good, its alsawys stupid gravel:brick:

Why can't the road workers sweep it off properly????

LB
8th March 2004, 05:02
MikeL - really sorry to hear of your biff.....take care of yourself (and the bike).

Firefight
8th March 2004, 05:22
Hey Mike, sorry to hear about your off, what part of 22 was it ?
I,am on leave in a couple of days time, give me a call if you need a hand with anything around the place, lawns, work on house what ever, or if you need a hand to drinkl some of that medicne(I prefer red wine) give me a call
I got 12 days off.

Firefight. :crazy:

MikeL
8th March 2004, 07:52
Hey Mike, sorry to hear about your off, what part of 22 was it ?
I,am on leave in a couple of days time, give me a call if you need a hand with anything around the place, lawns, work on house what ever, or if you need a hand to drinkl some of that medicne(I prefer red wine) give me a call
I got 12 days off.

Firefight. :crazy:

Thanks Dave. It was about half-way between Waingaro and Ngaruawahia I think. A RH bend opening onto a straight stretch. Could well have been one of the places we stopped and looked for Craig that time when we thought he had gone into a ditch!!
Thanks for your offer of help. I've got two fit and healthy sons who are going to have to become reacquainted with lawnmower, hedgeclippers etc. So about the only part of your offer I'll take you up on is helping with the medicine. I've got several doz. bottles of home brew as well. I'll give you a call later in the week. At this stage I've told work that I'll be back on Wed. but warned them it might take longer. My left arm is immobilized in a sling so there's a limit to what I can do. Worst thing is that when I do go back I'll have to take the bus :angry2: as I can't drive, let alone ride. Unless I can persuade my wife to drop me off and pick me up each day...

aff-man
8th March 2004, 08:22
Glad to hear that you arn't too bad mike. Although in retrospect i find it kinda funny that you were waving down me and lemon buyer with a broken collar bone. :doh: , must have been all that adrenalin. As for the rest of the day well we got told that the run ended in the botanical gardens and after getting out there ( idiot that told us gave us the long way round) and couldn't see any bikes we ended up riding around the gardens looking for them. When we did see bikes they were all leaving and after a quick chat with on guy i found out that yes it was over and the venue had changed to victoria street. But wait there is more having never been to hamilton (knowing the fun bacck roads) me and MB thought we would do the main drag untill we got to the hanua falls turn off. Usually i follow so little did i realise that it wasn't coming untill we hit bombay. :doh: :doh: .
Oh well 6 weeks isn't that long i suppose unless dave is offering to put a side car on the r6 just think of the possibilities :2thumbsup

aff-man
8th March 2004, 08:24
OH and Lemon Buyer please post pics here. Or do you think they diserve a thread of thier own mike???? :laugh:

Coldkiwi
8th March 2004, 13:48
oh mike! mate, thats all bad news. glad to hear you're fairly ok although I can only imagine its going to suck being off the bike for that long ( at least you've still got the CB400 as back up). My condolences for having to catch the bus. can you go pillion in a week or two? I'm sure we could get people (I'm willing) to give you a lift on the way into the city if you're keen to avoid the stinky bus!

hope you get good news from the insurance soon (you might be buying that new bike you were talking about last week sooner than you think?)

aff-man
8th March 2004, 13:57
Ummmm i'd think twice before taking CK up on his offer. You might be doing more injury to the collar bone trying to hang on :lol: . Bet you can't wait till you back up and riding. Waiting the 6 weeks must be a bugger :kick: . What did your missus have to say :doh:

Andrew
8th March 2004, 14:36
What did your missus have to say :doh:

My exact thoughts!!

MikeL
8th March 2004, 17:17
What did your missus have to say :doh:

She was very understanding. Nothing but sympathy and kindness. Hope that will continue when the financial consequences of the accident become clearer!

Coldkiwi
8th March 2004, 17:34
..and will also continue when it comes to jumping back on for another ride down the same stretch of road (very important and best done as soon as possible).

6Chris6
8th March 2004, 18:11
OH and Lemon Buyer please post pics here. Or do you think they diserve a thread of thier own mike???? :laugh:
:disapint: Sorry Aff-man but think i'll send them to Mike and let him decide wether to post or not :D

6Chris6
11th March 2004, 21:04
Anyone keen on a ride this weekend (weather dependant) saturday or sunday are good for me wanna make the most of the nice weather (hopefully) before it gets too :cold:

aff-man
11th March 2004, 21:42
Well me and CK are looking to do a early one on sunday weather dependant we have some other commitments but are looking to leave clevdon at say 8am and be back say 11:30 12ish CK knows the route and we'll see what transpires BTW melon buyer do you wanna PM me your mobile number so i can txt you times places ect....

Coldkiwi
12th March 2004, 10:34
looking at hunua-kopu-whangamata-waihi-paeroa and back at the moment. should be doable in 3.5 hours

6Chris6
12th March 2004, 15:41
Well me and CK are looking to do a early one on sunday weather dependant we have some other commitments but are looking to leave clevdon at say 8am and be back say 11:30 12ish CK knows the route and we'll see what transpires BTW melon buyer do you wanna PM me your mobile number so i can txt you times places ect....
Sounds good!

MikeL
13th March 2004, 08:38
Some pix of my unfortunate encounter with a SH22 ditch last Sunday (pix courtesy of Lemon Buyer)

Two Smoker
13th March 2004, 12:35
Some pix of my unfortunate encounter with a SH22 ditch last Sunday (pix courtesy of Lemon Buyer)
Ouch:eek: !!! Was it the offcamber edge that caught you with the added factor of gravel???Bugger

Indiana_Jones
13th March 2004, 22:12
if you do any shore rides, i might join ya :2thumbsup

-Indy

6Chris6
13th March 2004, 22:37
if you do any shore rides, i might join ya :2thumbsup

-Indy
Join us anyway :banana:

Indiana_Jones
13th March 2004, 22:39
lol maybe when I get abit more experince have da balls to go over the bridge :bleh:

-Indy

Motoracer
14th March 2004, 10:04
lol maybe when I get abit more experince have da balls to go over the bridge :bleh:

-Indy

Does riding over the bridge require that much skill on the FXR with the wind blowing and all? :lol:

vladi
14th March 2004, 18:22
Sorry to hear that Mike, wiss u fast recovery.
Vladi

Indiana_Jones
14th March 2004, 21:17
Does riding over the bridge require that much skill on the FXR with the wind blowing and all? :lol:

FXR owns you, I wished :o :D

-Indy

Kwaka-Kid
18th March 2004, 18:08
Sorry MikeL im a little slow on the news, But i am all the same just as sorry to hear about the experience. Well best of luck to you and hope all heals fast and good :)

You just keep ya head up matey and start considering what the next beast will be :)

MikeL
18th March 2004, 19:46
Sorry MikeL im a little slow on the news, But i am all the same just as sorry to hear about the experience. Well best of luck to you and hope all heals fast and good :)

You just keep ya head up matey and start considering what the next beast will be :)

Thanks Logan. Not surprising you're a bit behind with the news. Your posts have fallen off lately - how many hours a week are you working at the moment??!! And when you're not working you're racing...
I, on the other hand, have plenty of time to spend in front of the computer.

The insurance cheque should come through in the next day or so. I've been looking around to see what's available (it would be nice to think I could buy brand new but can't really justify that). Anyway I'm a bit frustrated at the moment coz I can't test ride anything. Going to the Dr tomorrow for X-ray - might get an idea of when I'll be back in the saddle. I've got a reasonable range of movement in the arm and shoulder but can't put any weight on it. Huge bump where my collar-bone should be. But I reckon I got off lightly.
Hope to see you on a KB ride again before too long.

Coldkiwi
19th March 2004, 11:42
well, happy birthday Mike! sorry you won't be able to have a celebratory ride but I hope your wife makes it up to you :)

Indiana_Jones
29th March 2004, 20:50
Are there any culbs on the shore ? :banana:

-Indy

Shawn
31st March 2004, 02:45
hey club 250,
any of u guys up for a ride this satarday (3-4-04) or Sunday (4-4-04), whicheve is better?...im close to CDB. got a ZZR250.
Shawn

MadDuck
31st March 2004, 20:42
Hi Shawn
I be keen Saturday..I assume by guys you mean guys and gals :msn-wink:
Me in Whangaparaoa but willing to travel esp on the bike

Shawn
31st March 2004, 23:22
hell ya...guys, gals, tran all with a bike...
anyway These guys (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=2441&page=1&pp=15) are also planning on Satarday at 9 am from Autobahn papakura. Seems like we got quite a few ppl line up for this ride. How about we go there first? u know the more the better :yes:
Shawn

6Chris6
1st April 2004, 05:52
hell ya...guys, gals, tran all with a bike...
anyway These guys (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=2441&page=1&pp=15) are also planning on Satarday at 9 am from Autobahn papakura. Seems like we got quite a few ppl line up for this ride. How about we go there first? u know the more the better :yes:
Shawn
Yes, come out with Firefight and the rest of us all levels catered for!

fzr400rr
1st April 2004, 14:43
Damn.... I'm missing out on the fun living down here... Not long to go and I'll be joining you guys/gals regularly........ :brick:

MadDuck
1st April 2004, 20:46
ummm ok. If you say you cater for all sizes and shapes (bikes I mean) then how can I refuse?
As long as you say what you mean cos the VTR strains above 160kms. Or maybe me not had it to its full potential yet girls - go figure ! :eek:
Oh I got the KB shirt now so you might recognise me

6Chris6
1st April 2004, 20:53
ummm ok. If you say you cater for all sizes and shapes (bikes I mean) then how can I refuse?
As long as you say what you mean cos the VTR strains above 160kms. Or maybe me not had it to its full potential yet girls - go figure ! :eek:
Oh I got the KB shirt now so you might recognise me

Definately. My old bike used to only make it to 170 and that was after 10 minutes, downhill with a tailwind and being towed :laugh:
The kb guys are great to ride with (i've been on a ride every weekend since i've joined) And they know the best roads to!!
:ride: Look forward to seeing you out there :ride:

MadDuck
1st April 2004, 22:14
Cool for you 6Chris6...but I went on Westpac run met a with a few of said KBS and found they all blimmin mad! Just like me :niceone:
See you there :)

Andrew
1st April 2004, 22:32
Cool for you 6Chris6...but I went on Westpac run met a with a few of said KBS and found they all blimmin mad! Just like me :niceone:
See you there :)

You must have met Kasper!! lol

aff-man
2nd April 2004, 10:32
Bastards with bikes that actually go well :cry: :cry: . I'll be joining you guys asap maybe next weekend so please don't use up all of the good weather :confused2

Kwaka-Kid
2nd April 2004, 19:14
if you stop crashing it maybe it will go better? ;)

6Chris6
2nd April 2004, 19:28
if you stop crashing it maybe it will go better? ;)
VERY :cold:

Kwaka-Kid
2nd April 2004, 19:54
hehe it was a little harsh eh :P soz brother!

aff-man
5th April 2004, 09:09
no worries i get endless shit from everyone especially my dad and his "so how many times have i come out with the trailer" comments.

Andrew
5th April 2004, 10:11
no worries i get endless shit from everyone especially my dad and his "so how many times have i come out with the trailer" comments.

Thats why I have as little to do with my Dad as possible when it comes to stuff like this!! Aswell as my boss come to think of it.......