PDA

View Full Version : Female Riding freinds

KiwiDan
8th February 2003, 14:38
Female learner rider called Hayley with CBR 250 RR wants to meet with similar chicks with bikes for rides etc.

P.S. Dont let the post posters name fool ya,,, on behalf. :bigthumb:

Coldkiwi
10th February 2003, 11:33
Note for those interested: Hayley may have the l-plates but you wouldn't know it from that kawhia ride!
Dan, did she get the blade's engine problem sorted out in the end?

Nukles
10th February 2003, 13:49
there is this girl who is a friend of Kerry at Motomail who is totally infatuated with riding and is always looking for people to ride with. she's not very fast as she is just starting and rides a Volty.

but she just wants to ride all the time. Hayley should pass by the Motomail Tyre Center and see Kerry and ask about his friend with the Volty.

she's very very friendly.

GadgetGirl
10th February 2003, 17:01
Lisa is the rider on a Suzuki Volty 250 and to say she loves to ride is an UNDERSTATMENT ... she just can't get enough of riding!! :D

Lisa's been to Kawhia, Te Aroha, Helensville and all around Auckland in only 4 weeks of riding and is keen to ride with anyone else looking to get out there on their bikes.

We quite often ride on the weekends - in fact EVERY weekend we go for a ride somewhere, so call in at Motomail Tyre & Service Centre and ask Kerry when the next ride is.

Alternatively send me an email or leave a message here if you want to join us.

SPman
10th February 2003, 17:10
What happened to the Lisa B4 her that worked at Motomail and rode a ZXR750?

bluninja
10th February 2003, 17:50
Would someone please turn off the Double Entendre I mean girl can't get enough of riding...very friendly....

I suppose they find bikes superior to men, after all

When you finish one ride you can immediately have another.
If the tyres go bald, you can replace them.
A bike never goes out for a beer with his mates.
You can get a bike to start first time in a morning.
A bike never asks you about other bikes you've ridden.

:done:
TTFN

p0stal
10th February 2003, 18:31
ouch... :p

bluninja
10th February 2003, 18:48
Thing is Postal, bikes are superior to women too:-

Bikes never stop you riding other bikes.
They don't complain if the ride is only a short one.
You don't have to fuss with a bike for 30 minutes before a ride.
You don't have to buy a bike flowers.
You don't need to meet a bikes parents after the first ride.
They have no problem staying at home whilst you go out with your mates.
They are always ready for a ride when you are.
They don't get upset if you just strip them and spend hours just looking at them from all angles and just stroking them.

:done: :bigthumb:

TTFN

p0stal
10th February 2003, 20:07
True, true... Also, a bike will never ask you if it looks fat...:rolleyes:

Kwaka-Kid
17th February 2003, 21:37
unless its a harley... :P

p0stal
17th February 2003, 21:56
Originally posted by Kwaka-Kid
unless its a harley... :P

yeah, but then it wants you to say "yes"! :D

gruesome
19th February 2003, 11:35
A bike also never asks if they're your first;

and you can ride them for as long as you want until you're satisfied! 

He he he

Kwaka-Kid
19th February 2003, 16:33
and if u dont like the way they whine u can slap a big muffler on to shut them up :P

wkid_one
19th February 2003, 18:03
Back to the original purpose of the thread guys - Hayley is keen for new female riders to ride with - rather than the comparisons as to bikes/females/guys, as funny as this is...Not trying to be a smartarse in saying that, but it was a serious thread for Hayley

Any females out there, or that you know, that are keen to ride, let us know.....Hayley is a pretty quick rider for a learner (was pillion on KiwiDan's bike on Sunday), but is keen to ride with others (I think she is sick of the two Dan's - can't blame her really).....

Kwaka-Kid
19th February 2003, 21:17
most people would consider the pace i ride @ on my 750 that of a old 250 with a female on it :P hahaha.

bluninja
20th February 2003, 14:38
Dan, so you spoiled all my fun :mad: ;) Hayley could try and PM or email Mitch, who is a site member. Maybe a look through the membership to look for the females and email them inviting them out on a ride could help (not everyone spends all day surfing this site :D ). I will ask around at AMCC next time I'm there (next week) unless someone else is going tonight. Was going to speak to Mitch and gals at the AMCC anyway.

Hey now we've got a news section, we could get a girlie ride organised and write an article (complete with pics). I could tag along with a digi-cam as long as they don't go too fast. Maybe an articles (and links to it on other sites) would encourage more female riders to get toether with Hayley, and become members of Kiwibiker.

Oh whilst I'm still 'on subject' maybe Hayley could organise a ride and post it in the events and rideouts section for other female riders. I am making an assumption that Hayley hasn't got web access as you and Dan have posted for her, so maybe one of you could oblige on her behalf.

TTFN

ps Bikes are better than women cos they never carry a spare tyre  :done:

wkid_one
20th February 2003, 14:51
Hmmm Simon, re your PS comment - I recall an old saying that goes - those in glass houses.........I can't remember the end - LOL

bluninja
20th February 2003, 15:02
I think the ending is...should have bullet proof glass :D Having said that my bike has never once told me to lose weight lmao

BigB
20th February 2003, 18:25
Hi Guys

My girlfriend Tracey is keen to get back on the bike and do some rides. We were on the ride to Paeroa two up, I think Tracey spoke to Hayley.

Maybe they can catch up on Sunday at the westpac ride and talk some more.

Skunk
20th February 2003, 20:22
Has anyone thought to point her (Hayley)in the direction of WIMA.

The Auckland rep is Marion http://www.wima.org.nz/contact.php3 (http://www.wima.org.nz/contact.php3)

KiwiDan
21st February 2003, 05:32
Thanks for the input

loads of smart thoughts,, thnxs,, we will follow them up

PS, Hayley uses my puter so she has access when Im not hogging it.

Dan

Goddess of Goof
21st March 2003, 00:00
I ride a Suzy 400 and would be glad to organise a ride with you-all. I know Kerry at MotoMail and will phone him to leave a contact phone number. Let's organise something ..... not this weekend tho, I'll be at Taupo trackside for the racing. What about the next weekend. PS guys are welcome as long as they know their place - out the front where we can watch them ;)

Kwaka-Kid
21st March 2003, 05:40
ahh damnit, that rules me out...  2nd to last is about the best position i can ever get :P

Slim
21st March 2003, 16:38
I'm another female rider, but I live in Hamilton and am also a shift worker.

If someone organises a ride & I'm not working, I'll certainly attend. :)

Goddess of Goof
22nd March 2003, 00:34
Replying to new post from Hamilton female rider: Yes,
It would be nice to meet say, half-way between Hamilton and Auckland. Not too sure where geographical half-way actually IS, but if there is a country cafe or craft place doing coffee nearby, might be fun.
Riding, meeting, eating and talking - not all at once or you'll do yerself a mischief - sounds pretty good to me.
Anyone got any ideas to progress this along a bit ?
Sunday 30th March ?

:sunny:

KiwiDan
22nd March 2003, 09:11
Hey all, This is Hayley, at last i have booted the boy off :D

Thanks for all the tips guys, am finally putting them to use.

A ride next sun sounds good, we tend to jump off the motorway at rangiriri and head down through huntly, ngaruwahia, whata whata,motorway riding kills me!

Any other suggestions im up for though.

Fine by me if guys want to come, and no we are not going to talk about how big our arses look in leathers  :rolleyes:

Once we have met up you guys keen to go for a ride ? maybe out to raglan or kawhia. I havent riden to raglan yet but kawhia is always good. Anyhow let me know which way you want to head down and we will sort out a meting point and go from there. cheers guys

Slim
22nd March 2003, 15:53
Rangiriri is probably about the half way point & not a bad place to meet up.

Raglan's a nice ride if you haven't done it already, then there's all the back roads heading south from Whatawhata to Te Kuiti & south. The road to Mangakino is nice too, and then there's all sorts of options around the Volcanic Plateau. :D

I'm working this weekend, and next weekend, but what about April 5th?