PDA

View Full Version : Contact Lenses

Gontour
18th November 2005, 08:47
I just got a set of contact lenses (usually wear glasses which are awkward), and tried them out this morning for 15 min ride to work seemed okay, but wanted to know if any other KB ers wear them and if so any tips or experiences to note, especially them drying out or being blown out:eyepoke: .

Cheers

skelstar
18th November 2005, 08:59
Testify!!!
Yeah I wouldnt mind knowing either to be honest. I understand that having your visor open a bit can be an issue?

SuperDave
18th November 2005, 09:14
Never had an issue with them ever blowing out even when riding with the visor up for ventilation. They can however start to dry out but thats easily solved by blinking. I find they are a lot nicer to ride with than glasses as glasses usually move up a bit off the bridge of your nose changing the angle you view through them which effects how they work. Contacts are also great as they correct your entire field of vision unlike glasses.

I keep a bottle of eyedrops on me whenever I go for a ride just incase they get very dry and need some lubing up.

sAsLEX
18th November 2005, 09:17
i've had no issues but a few I ride with take eye drops in case they do dry out

zadok
18th November 2005, 09:21
I've been wearing contacts for quite a while now. The 'Night & Day" ones I use are fantastic. They are 1 month disposables and you don't take them out at night. In the morning I usually put a couple of drops of the cleaning solution in to lubricate them a bit. On the bike I don't have a worry.

Gontour
18th November 2005, 10:01
I've been wearing contacts for quite a while now. The 'Night & Day" ones I use are fantastic. They are 1 month disposables and you don't take them out at night. In the morning I usually put a couple of drops of the cleaning solution in to lubricate them a bit. On the bike I don't have a worry.

What do those month ones cost?

zadok
18th November 2005, 10:21
I'm in a health fund and pay the gap, so I get a 6 month supply (which I stretch out) for about A$150, if I remember rightly.

Da Bird
18th November 2005, 10:37
I wear them all the time and are fantastic for work. I'm riding my work bike usually around 7-8 hours a day and I've only had one problem. I had been working about an hour and all of a sudden one of my lenses went "missing".
It felt like I had an eyelash or something in my eye and I just couldn't get rid of it.

I went back to base and had a look in my eye and couldn't for the life of me find the lens but couldn't get rid of the "scratchy" feeling in my eye. The lens definitely wasn't on the front of my eyeball.

Anyway, about 5 hours later, I was at work on the computer and all of a sudden the lens falls out of my eye! Like, WTF?? It must have been floating around somewhere. But apart from that, contacts are the best thing around.

BC

emaN
18th November 2005, 10:43
They won't "blow outta your eye" as such...so no worries riding with an open visor, or open face bash hat... I rode for 3mths with an open face; ended up getting some goggles to stop my eyes drying out so much. Then again, riding in 53 degree heat probly had something to do with it!

Drunken Monkey
18th November 2005, 10:43
As per Zadok, 1 month day & night disposables. Despite the occasional 'grit under then lens discomfort attack', I'd never go back. As long as you're careful, you can swim in them as well.
If you're sucked in, like me, and your health scheme doesn't cover it, the normal price is around NZ$180 for 3 months supply, i.e. 3 pairs of lenses. They're certainly not cheap, but the convenience is great. I did consider laser surgery, but anything that isn't reversible (despite the very remote risk) is pretty much a last choice for me.
I haven't had any problems with dry eyes riding yet.

TraD_MaN
18th November 2005, 10:47
Just blink alot to stop them going all dry. but they will never blow out of your eye. o and never rub ur eye with them in bad idear :doh: they are 100% better than glasses and its amazing how many people go " WOW i never knew u wore contacts!" like derr :blip:

Baracus
18th November 2005, 10:48
Yeah I wear them as well. Used to have major problems with my glasses fogging up inside the helmet. You guys should have a look at www.clearlycontacts.co.nz. I bought some off them recently. Great price - about half the usual amount I was paying. Did have to wait for two weeks though.

I wear them all the time and are fantastic for work. I'm riding my work bike usually around 7-8 hours a day and I've only had one problem. I had been working about an hour and all of a sudden one of my lenses went "missing".
It felt like I had an eyelash or something in my eye and I just couldn't get rid of it.

I went back to base and had a look in my eye and couldn't for the life of me find the lens but couldn't get rid of the "scratchy" feeling in my eye. The lens definitely wasn't on the front of my eyeball.

Anyway, about 5 hours later, I was at work on the computer and all of a sudden the lens falls out of my eye! Like, WTF?? It must have been floating around somewhere. But apart from that, contacts are the best thing around.

BC

I've had that man... I think it's where it goes up under your eyelid. Usually a furious blinking and eye rubbing session will get it outta there.

In regards to contacts in general... I've never had a problem with them, I also wear the monthly day and night ones... pay about $200 every three months so they're not too bad on value.

Only thing I find is that they make my eyes more sensitive to sunlight than glasses do, so I'm gonna have to invest in a tinted visor or something.

Much better than wearing glasses and a helmet thou, glasses slip down your nose, you've got all the hassle of taking them off before you take the helmet off etc... and have you tried riding in the rain with glasses on? Not fun.

Lou Girardin
18th November 2005, 12:06
I only wear mine for serious riding, my vision is legal and fine for round town. But I prefer to be as eagle eyed as possible on the open road:Police: and at night.:blink:
Never had a problem with disposables.

El Dopa
18th November 2005, 19:18
I. I had been working about an hour and all of a sudden one of my lenses went "missing".

BC

I've had that, more than once. I rub my eyes or something, and the lens folds up and retreats over the top of my eye. Normally doing nasty things to my eye, like pulling/stretching my eyelid out from my face to break the seal, is enough to dislodge it.

As far as riding with lenses goes, I have had problems with the cheek pieces on my helmet. They sort of distort the face below the eyeball, which can affect the eye, and it has caused the lens to fall out of the eye while I'm riding once or twice. Fortunately, you can usually tell something is wrong before that happens.

My words of wisdom from hard experience: Always carry spares and/or glasses.

rua
18th November 2005, 19:35
I have glasses and contacts, I have a poor fit and find that when I look around the lens can move, its distracting and I prefer my galsses unless its bright.
Most poeple have no problem, Just what I have found.

Quasievil
18th November 2005, 19:55
I wear the month long ones never a problem
If you all want to save some serious coin buy them online here and you will save about 50%
http://www.pharmacydirect.co.nz/

I always get them here, you just need to know your prescription and get your eyes checked every 12 months is still a good idea:2thumbsup

rfc85
18th November 2005, 20:02
Yeah I wear them as well. Used to have major problems with my glasses fogging up inside the helmet. You guys should have a look at www.clearlycontacts.co.nz. I bought some off them recently. Great price - about half the usual amount I was paying. Did have to wait for two weeks though.
just checked the prices-and yes they are very good -will try this lot next time-thanks

NinjaBoy
18th November 2005, 20:13
I wear the month long ones never a problem
If you all want to save some serious coin buy them online here and you will save about 50%
http://www.pharmacydirect.co.nz/

I always get them here, you just need to know your prescription and get your eyes checked every 12 months is still a good idea:2thumbsup

Same here but I get them from Eclipse Eye Products 0800 145 135. They appear to be importers supplying to Optometrists. Can't find the price list right now but cheaper than my Optometrist who I go to for yearly checkups.

I've been wearing contacts for the last 20+ years and never had a problem with them. If they dry out (ie you don't blink) they will fall out but that is easily solved.

Colapop
18th November 2005, 20:20
I've been thinking about contacts - I'd really like to know the full deal on them. You know the whole story. How much, what problems, how good are they? I don't know what questions to ask??

gav
18th November 2005, 21:15
Hmm, same old story, none of the on line places have lenses in my prescription!
But yeah, contacts are great, I too us ethe monthly, but i usually take mine out at night and leave them soaking, I get about 2 months out of a pair! Also opticians reckons its better for my eyes too, helps them breathe better apparently...

boomer
18th November 2005, 21:18
I've only had one problem. I had been working about an hour and all of a sudden one of my lenses went "missing".

Anyway, about 5 hours later, I was at work on the computer and all of a sudden the lens falls out of my eye! Like, WTF?? It must have been floating around somewhere.

BC

I see why you've not made detective :shifty:

VasalineWarrior
18th November 2005, 21:19
Contacts are seriously the only way to go when biking-got em especially since I couldnt stand glasses fogging up under the helmet. Dont know where you guys get em from but mine only cost 110 for 3 months supply (3 pairs of monthlys at visques) . These can last 6 month though, just be especially carefull when cleaning them

MikeL
18th November 2005, 22:39
I use Focus Dailies which are disposable and meant to be only used for a day but you can put them in saline overnight and use them again the next day with no problems. If you don't need or want to wear contacts every day this is a good choice.

zadok
19th November 2005, 01:38
I've been thinking about contacts - I'd really like to know the full deal on them. You know the whole story. How much, what problems, how good are they? I don't know what questions to ask??
See your optomotrist and I'm sure they will be helpful. If your eyes and prescription allow you to use contacts, I think you will find they will give you a trial pair. I was with my daughter when she was being tested and mentioned that I wouldn't mind giving contacts ago and I walked out with some in. I hadn't even left the shop and I knew they were for me. If I knew how good they were, I would have been wearing them a lot sooner.

RiderInBlack
19th November 2005, 06:34
My newest ones are the bomb Toric "PureVision". Used them on the GC. Best ones I've ever had.
Gas permeable. Means I can keep them in my eyes over night (in fact up to 1 MONTH:2thumbsup ). No more vascularity of corners.
The centering is better. I have stigmatism my eyes' lenses (bent/wedge shaped), so I need Toric lenses to count this. The old ones would shift on me (especial if I looked down or lyed down), effecting my vision (fu*ken anoying if that happen to my while riding). The new ones use my eye blink to centre themselves. No more problems.

Colapop
19th November 2005, 08:24
See your optomotrist and I'm sure they will be helpful. If your eyes and prescription allow you to use contacts, I think you will find they will give you a trial pair. I was with my daughter when she was being tested and mentioned that I wouldn't mind giving contacts ago and I walked out with some in. I hadn't even left the shop and I knew they were for me. If I knew how good they were, I would have been wearing them a lot sooner.

A trial pair? Hmmm I've got to make an appointment anyway...

Between this thread and the Wistom Teef thread anyone'd think I'm in need of serious repair! Just to reassure everyone - No I am not coming apart at the seams!!

pyrocam
19th November 2005, 12:51
i do contacts. I cant stand riding with glasses as they fog up and the belt for my headphones causes them to push against my head all unfortable like.

once, when i was extreemly hungover at the lense had been slept in (not night and day) it actually went ninja on me and flipped out and onto the inside of my visor. I spent 15mins or so trying to stick this dried out lense back in my eye. owchies. from then on i always carry my full kit with case and glasses etc.

FUN FACT OF THE DAY:
if your really desperate for some saline but you cant get to any and your eye is too dry also. stick your contact in your mouth for a bit. will clean and moisten it enuf for you to stick in your eye, although it will feel pretty slimey.

erik
19th November 2005, 13:10
FUN FACT OF THE DAY:
if your really desperate for some saline but you cant get to any and your eye is too dry also. stick your contact in your mouth for a bit. will clean and moisten it enuf for you to stick in your eye, although it will feel pretty slimey.

I've thought about trying contacts but haven't gotten around to it yet.

But from what I've read on the net, putting contacts in your mouth then in your eye is a bit of a no-no because of all the bacteria in your mouth.

Deano
19th November 2005, 13:45
Mrs Deano wears monthly disposables that are worn 24/7.

She says to blink a lot and use lubricating eye drops.

Uncle B
19th November 2005, 14:17
I've had a go at wearing contacts while riding and to be honest I prefer wearing my glasses.
With the contacts my eyes water like crazy, not a good look for a guy wearing leathers crying....I feel glasses protect my eyes better from the wind, bugs and crap.

SuperDave
19th November 2005, 14:43

Thanks for that man, checked them out and looks like I could save $23.00 per a box buying from them rather than my optometrist!

thealmightytaco
19th November 2005, 19:39
I find they're infinitely better than glasses cause then I can wear sunglasses, as I have no tinted visor. Any drying is infinitely minimal too. Infinitely.

RiderInBlack
20th November 2005, 07:21
Thanks for that man, checked them out and looks like I could save $23.00 per a box buying from them rather than my optometrist!Yer but your eyes are worth more than $23, cause if contacts are not fitted properly you can end up with serious eye damage. Use your Optometrist and get them fitted properly.

pyrocam
20th November 2005, 07:35
I've thought about trying contacts but haven't gotten around to it yet.

But from what I've read on the net, putting contacts in your mouth then in your eye is a bit of a no-no because of all the bacteria in your mouth.

dire emergency kinda stuff.

Yer but your eyes are worth more than $23, cause if contacts are not fitted properly you can end up with serious eye damage. Use your Optometrist and get them fitted properly.

once you have the perscription which includes brand and base curve stuff, your optometrist isnt going to 'fit' them every time you go to buy some more. I would buy mine online but I CBF. I get 1 box every 6 months or so. I used to have to get 2 (one for each eye perscription) but i just cleverly was advised to just force my eyes into the same lense. they were pretty close anyway. so now im on -6.00 for each eye.

edit: are you talking hard lenses or disposable, we are talking about disposables.

RiderInBlack
20th November 2005, 08:13
Soft. It's the fit of the lenses (how they sit on you eyeball) that is really important. You can get away with lenses that are a little weaker than your prescription, but if you're short-sighted (Myopic) like me, you might not see the cop soon enough:doh: I also have stigmatism (bend lenses) so the contacts have to sit it just the right place to work properly.
Regular checks if you are using contacts a lot are a good idea. One set was causing my eyes to vasculate (grow veins) due to excess wearing of contacts that didn't "breathe" properly (you corners get their O2 from their contact with the air not your bloodstream). Had to stop using them (contacts) for a bit:doh: No problem with my new ones but:2thumbsup
Just a side note: If you are myopic it is a wise to get your eye rechecked every now and again for glaucoma as you are at a higher risk of developing it.

pyrocam
20th November 2005, 09:31
Soft. It's the fit of the lenses (how they sit on you eyeball) that is really important. You can get away with lenses that are a little weaker than your prescription, but if you're short-sighted (Myopic) like me, you might not see the cop soon enough:doh: I also have stigmatism (bend lenses) so the contacts have to sit it just the right place to work properly.
Regular checks if you are using contacts a lot are a good idea. One set was causing my eyes to vasculate (grow veins) due to excess wearing of contacts that didn't "breathe" properly (you corners get their O2 from their contact with the air not your bloodstream). Had to stop using them (contacts) for a bit:doh: No problem with my new ones but:2thumbsup
Just a side note: If you are myopic it is a wise to get your eye rechecked every now and again for glaucoma as you are at a higher risk of developing it.

yeah im -6 shortsighted. nothing else funky with my eyes though. been doing corrective eyewear since i was 11 or something (made me really popular at school) OPSM will not sell you contacts if its been more than a year since your last test, which kinda sucks when your poor.

Warren
20th November 2005, 10:25
I would like to consider contacts but I am only short sighted in one eye. Would that mean it would cost half as much or would I have to wear a blank one in the other eye?

pyrocam
20th November 2005, 10:50
I would like to consider contacts but I am only short sighted in one eye. Would that mean it would cost half as much or would I have to wear a blank one in the other eye?

hahah wear a blank one.

it would cost you half as much

Wasp
20th November 2005, 11:44
im -5.50 in my left and -5 in my right so i have two different lenses (disposables).

i also have pretty bad hayfever around this time of year and it makes my eyes go all gummy but ive never had any serious problems with the lenses in even after 3 or so hours of constant/stop start riding.

only problem ive ever had is when i was following a mates cage and seem i was just talking to him thru his window i had the visor up, his tires kicked up some a couple of flecks into my right eye but they went away after i blinked like mad while riding (following him remember) for the next 3 or so minutes.

Xtat1k
22nd November 2005, 20:16
i wear glasses at the moment, but am currently looking into contacts as glasses really piss me off. my flatmate has contacts and much prefers them all round biking and all. i miss being able to wear sunnies... now all the girls can see where im looking lol... jokes :lol:

John Banks
28th November 2005, 10:14
I'm going in right now to book an appointment for getting contacts. The whole open visor, remove glasses, remove helmet, put glasses back is getting old fast...

SARGE
28th November 2005, 10:32

yea .. i got the same problem funny enough....

:doh: :doh: :doh:

only got the one good eye .. i'lll be damned if im gonna stick a finger in it ....

i got a flash set of perscription Oakley's from OPSM.. thats all i wear when i ride

Swoop
28th November 2005, 13:48
Just go and get the buggers lasered!!!
What it costs in optometrists / prescription lenses / frames / contacts etc all help in lowering the true cost of getting your eyes permanently fixed!

Totally recommended.:2thumbsup

SARGE
28th November 2005, 14:09
What it costs in optometrists / prescription lenses / frames / contacts etc all help in lowering the true cost of getting your eyes permanently fixed!

again.. one good eye... ..not risking it..just keep the Starship Enterprise over there where it belongs..

kerryg
28th November 2005, 14:19

Swoop, have you had it done? How much did it cost and what was involved (time off work, pain, etc?) And does it last forever or are you up for further surgery or back to wearing corrective lenses as you age?

My glasses (progressives) cost an arm and a leg (as in around $800) each time ...and they spoil my good looks too....................:blink:

John Banks
28th November 2005, 14:58
My sister recently got it and my mother has also had it. I'll be looking into it soon. From what I know, you need to be over 20 and your eyes can't worsen for two years. (Otherwise you get them lasered and the shape of your eye changes, or something). My sister had these rediculous looking fish-eye goggles on for two days after she got the lasering. Not really sore as much as irritating. I believe she said the cost was $2000, definately worth it if you consider the cost of glasses/contact lenses - not to mention convenience.

My mum had it done over 30 years ago, but I believe that was a scalpel type job. She hasn't had any problems, but after 50 she had to start wearing glasses for reading and such - pretty much exactly the same as anyone going through that age.

Colapop
28th November 2005, 15:07
Swoop, have you had it done? How much did it cost and what was involved (time off work, pain, etc?) And does it last forever or are you up for further surgery or back to wearing corrective lenses as you age?

My glasses (progressives) cost an arm and a leg (as in around $800) each time ...and they spoil my good looks too....................:blink:

I tend to go through frames like babies use disposable nappies (I've since been told not to use my head as a hammer). Not being able to afford a new pair of frames every time I broke them, I used to put up with no nose protectors and welded fixes and sh*t 'til I found that my frames were near enough to the reading glasses frames they sell in the chemist (not warehouse). So I got my lenses (plastic) resized (it cost $35) and I just get a new pair of $40 frames whenever I need 'em. These frames are just as tough as optometrist frames and cheap as chips. My current frames have lasted me 2 years. Good for parents whose kids trash glasses all the time.

Swoop
28th November 2005, 20:20

Yes, Had it done early last year.
There are 2 different methods. PRK is the "old fashioned method" where they simply laser the outside of the eye to the new shape required.
LASIC is the "flap and zap" method, slightly more expensive but faster to heal, etc, etc.
The thickness of my cornea (clear bit in the front of the eye) only allowed the PRK method viable.
Time off work? Had it done Fri midday and spent saturday in a dark room doing bugger all. This is where the lasic is better - faster healing.
Back to work Monday (yay...)
Pain??? No pain. 1/2 a hypnovel, lay back, look at the red light and then watch it go blurry (zap, zap, zap)!
This treatment gets you back to the normal eyesught for the average person. So I have been informed that I might need glasses (emphasize MIGHT) when I'm into the 50's.

Go along to Auckland Eye and have the assessment done on your eyes (free). They do a heap of tests and see if it is viable to do, and what method is possible to use. They can do it on a payment plan if required for the $$$.
I hated glasses and was glad to get rid of them. Fogging up, a pain under a helmet, contacts coming out, costs involved with glasses, etc!

GO AND INVESTIGATE!!!
I saw Dr David Prendergrast @ Auckland Eye and he was great.
You will NOT regret having it done, I assure you!

Sarge, are you a one eyed bastard or what?? (p/t)
If in doubt, have the bad eye done first.....:blip:

John Banks
29th November 2005, 11:55
Just got my contact lenses, so they're still in the "mildly irritating" stage. Can't wait to get them out on a ride though.

kerryg
29th November 2005, 13:21
Go along to Auckland Eye and have the assessment done on your eyes (free). They do a heap of tests and see if it is viable to do, and what method is possible to use. They can do it on a payment plan if required for the $$$.
I hated glasses and was glad to get rid of them. Fogging up, a pain under a helmet, contacts coming out, costs involved with glasses, etc!

GO AND INVESTIGATE!!!
I saw Dr David Prendergrast @ Auckland Eye and he was great.
You will NOT regret having it done, I assure you!

Thanks for that. I'm going to check it out.

kerryg
29th November 2005, 13:23
I tend to go through frames like babies use disposable nappies (I've since been told not to use my head as a hammer). Not being able to afford a new pair of frames every time I broke them, I used to put up with no nose protectors and welded fixes and sh*t 'til I found that my frames were near enough to the reading glasses frames they sell in the chemist (not warehouse). So I got my lenses (plastic) resized (it cost $35) and I just get a new pair of $40 frames whenever I need 'em. These frames are just as tough as optometrist frames and cheap as chips. My current frames have lasted me 2 years. Good for parents whose kids trash glasses all the time.

Hmmmm...interesting, I'll have a look next time I'm in the chemist. Thanks

Colapop
29th November 2005, 13:28
Hmmmm...interesting, I'll have a look next time I'm in the chemist. Thanks
Proper spring loaded arms too.

oldrider
1st December 2005, 10:58
I have been wearing contacts for 30 years. I had a lot of trouble with the glass ones. Improved with plastic and now pretty much perfect with soft monthly disposables. They can last about 3 months if I take them out to soak over night. This also lets your eyes breath overnight.
Problems I have are in the daily handling of the lenses. "putting them in and taking them out" they are very thin and if not slightly tinted are hard to see.
If you are a mechanic or some sort of manual worker the state of you finger skin and hands can be a problem in handling the delicate lenses and solutions.
The other problems I have had is when you are pissed. One lens in and one out with a skin full of piss can be a bit difficult. Best just to leave them in and flake out. Things are usually very cloudy in the morning and rainbow coloured halos around any thing like a light take most of the morning to clear.
I seldom drink now but have been a slow learner.
I would not go back to specs unless absolutely forced to. Any problems on the bike can be easily countered or controlled.
I fully recommend contacts. Cheers John.

John Banks
1st December 2005, 14:22
Irk... my contacts have been irritating the hell out of me, I can barely put them in now... I guess I'll have to go back down to OPSM and see if they can sort me out. :thud:

oldrider
1st December 2005, 18:55
Irk... my contacts have been irritating the hell out of me, I can barely put them in now... I guess I'll have to go back down to OPSM and see if they can sort me out. :thud:
What type of lenses did they give you, glass or plastic? :blink: Plastic are best. :yawn: Least likely to irritate! :banana: John.

John Banks
1st December 2005, 20:10
They gave me plastic ones... the expensive ones too, that allow for breathing and you're able to sleep in. They were only trial lenses, though, so I'm going to get them replaced with the different brand and see if they're any better.

RiderInBlack
1st December 2005, 20:47
They gave me plastic ones... the expensive ones too, that allow for breathing and you're able to sleep in. They were only trial lenses, though, so I'm going to get them replaced with the different brand and see if they're any better.Fu*k you're not going to get any better than those. They are the bomb. I'm not going back to the old cruddy non-breathing ones after using those. Good luck if you find any better:stupid:

inlinefour
2nd December 2005, 13:27
I just got a set of contact lenses (usually wear glasses which are awkward), and tried them out this morning for 15 min ride to work seemed okay, but wanted to know if any other KB ers wear them and if so any tips or experiences to note, especially them drying out or being blown out:eyepoke: .

Cheers

I tend to stick to my glasses all the time. Can't understand why you say they are awkward, both my helmets are great with them (Xpeed & Shoei XR1000) I also like the fact that my specs are self tinting, which is awesome on a sunny day and not a hassle in the dark.

anmolt
2nd December 2005, 13:36
u gotta keep the visor shut otherwise u tend to get heaps of particles in your eye,i have a similiar problem with specs as they could hit u from under or over the specs...so shutting the visor or having large specs would help i guess........plus specs are good with specific helmets as they tend to move quite a bit and restrict the field of vision as well.........in any case im hopefully gonna get rid of both as im planning to get laser correction done.......so no more trouble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kerryg
2nd December 2005, 15:07
I checked out www.aucklandeye.co.nz and it costs around$4500 give or take for the procedure (I suppose there might be some othe costs too but that's not clear

RiderInBlack
2nd December 2005, 16:05
I tend to stick to my glasses all the time. Can't understand why you say they are awkward, both my helmets are great with them (Xpeed & Shoei XR1000) I also like the fact that my specs are self tinting, which is awesome on a sunny day and not a hassle in the dark.Prefer to wear my glasses most of the time, but the contacts are unbeatable in the rain and heavy mist.

John Banks
3rd December 2005, 13:21
I checked out www.aucklandeye.co.nz and it costs around$4500 give or take for the procedure (I suppose there might be some othe costs too but that's not clear

YIKES! Still, I'd pay it, and now if I could.

oldrider
4th December 2005, 07:30
Don't forget to cover yourself for sticky insurance for your lenses. :blip: John.

Swoop
12th December 2005, 15:38

Hmmm, mine were not that much!!! Is that for LASIC or PRK? (I'm guessing LASIC). That is the far quicker and much less hassle method.