PDA

View Full Version : Finally got me knee down! And fliped the bike.. :(

bugjuice
18th November 2005, 09:35
That's right, after all this time of trying my arse off to get my knee down, I've finally done it! And heaps of fun it was too.. Also, wheelies are coming along way better, but I got too cocky and fliped the bike. I was able to get the front wheel to stay up in the air for a bit longer than a 'jump', so I thought I’d give it a bloody good tug since half my problem is not giving enough balls.. So I did. And just as the revs went up and I tugged, the back of my mind thought – fuck, too much. Then it came up and disappeared while my hand was going for the back brake. Next thing I know, me knees and wrists get a beating, the helmet bounces down over my eyes and I see the bike bounce off.. And I’m on the floor.. Bugga. Was fuckin funny tho, and I will be doing more wheelies. Hopefully not as many flips tho, cos that kinda hurts. Thought it was a pretty good superman impression tho.

It's great that they're only mini motos! A bit of gravel rash, fires right back up and we're off.

Postie is holding the record tho, for the most 'off's'. Including the record for breaking something in the quickest time since we were kids. He found the only small pot hole in the road, ran over it, got a tank slap/speed wobble combo, and it was just all over rover.. kinda like that clip of the dude on the black bike in the Isle Of Mann TT that goes over the bridge and stacks it. Yup, that's Postie.. Also the first to get his knee down, and the first to fall off the most consistantly, but not for trying ;)

WRT was also kind enough to pick us and the 3 motos up, and we all strolled off in search of the carpark we ended up at. Wearing his gear (as we all were), we decided to have a quick race. Bad idea when you've got a flat rear. But we did anyway. Coming into the last corner of the carpark, the peg digs in, and he and moto part company. Right in front of me. I got away with it, but pulled my leg a bit. WRT went for a wee roll, in his new jacket and managed to poke a few holes thru it and obtain a few bruises.. He has 3 jackets at home (one new and two old), and he brings his new one... durrr....

Anyway, that's been the shannigans of Postie, WRT and Buggy over the past couple of nights.. One thing that we really need tho, is a bloody good place to run them. We had a poke around some kart tracks, but they're all locked up pretty well. Most carparks are small and hazardous, so everyone else who has these, where do you run them? Wanna get together some time and show us how you fall? :blip:

don't know why we haven't got any shots of WRT btw..

Mr Skid
18th November 2005, 09:45
I knew it was going to be a piss take when I read you'd got your knee down..:rofl:

marty
18th November 2005, 09:52
i like the mandatory oil patch on the cobbles....

bugjuice
18th November 2005, 09:56
skid - We did get our knees down.. we were scraping the crap out of the $5 sliders Postie bought. We wrecked them.. Also scraped the carp out of the toe sliders on ma boots. So now I look well 'ard.. Just need the chicken strips on the 636 to match..

oil patch is a nice touch, ay? Just doesn't look like a drive otherwise..

Postie
18th November 2005, 09:58
Postie is holding the record tho, for the most 'off's'. Including the record for breaking something in the quickest time since we were kids. He found the only small pot hole in the road, ran over it, got a tank slap/speed wobble combo

it was a fucking big man hole...... which begs the question why didn't i see it till i was on it???

anyway, your super man style off was bloody hilarious, i could barely stand up to help ya. well it was mostly funny untill you rocket launched your bike into the side of mine......:bash:
hahaha, i wish i had it on film, its the funniest thing i've seen in ages....:lol:

Postie
18th November 2005, 09:59
skid - We did get our knees down.. we were scraping the crap out of the $5 sliders Postie bought. We wrecked them.. Also scraped the carp out of the toe sliders on ma boots. So now I look well 'ard.. Just need the chicken strips on the 636 to match..

oil patch is a nice touch, ay? Just doesn't look like a drive otherwise..

you should have got pics of the tyres now, 0% chicken strip, unlike the posted pics.......:2thumbsup

bugjuice
18th November 2005, 10:01
you should have got pics of the tyres now, 0% chicken strip, unlike the posted pics.......:2thumbsup
yeah, but the pics of last night were no good. It's a bit stupid that we find somewhere, hack around for ages, then when it gets dark, decide to take photos.. Have to have another go tonight and take the shots before it gets dark.

did you see the pegs too? Rubber ground right off.. Kelly was saying how the sparks were coming off the pegs! Gotta watch it, they don't fold in, ay Walt? :thud:

aff-man
18th November 2005, 10:01
Sorry mate you're still a pussy. I'll show you our raised footpegs that we are still decking out..... without getting my knee down cause that would be way to easy.

Also I think i still win in the best crash scene... you can pick out of m highsiding into WT or the superman crash??

p.s. there aint much racing on till next year but were keen to go "practice" somewhere.... you in??

Just need to change the tyres cause we are down to the canvas....

bugjuice
18th November 2005, 10:03
Sorry mate you're still a pussy. I'll show you our raised footpegs that we are still decking out..... without getting my knee down cause that would be way to easy.

Also I think i still win in the best crash scene... you can pick out of m highsiding into WT or the superman crash??

p.s. there aint much racing on till next year but were keen to go "practice" somewhere.... you in??
fuck off and fuck yeah
we're all ears for where to run them, and the more people to take the piss out of, the better. And it's great that you can just chuck them in the back of the car and go whenever. Fuck it, I'm gonna bring it into work and ride around the office..

WRT
18th November 2005, 10:08
Aff-man - those raised pegs could be the go. Found out the hard way that you dont want them touching down mid corner. So, buggy and postie, I see your knee down, and raise you by an elbow and a shoulder . . . course, there was no coming back from that position, but at least I didnt scuff up the bike (or launch it into another one . . .)

Waylander
18th November 2005, 10:13
Might have to get one of these just for shits and giggles... Park walkways might be a good run too if they arn't to crowded Buggy.

And why would you need a car to carry it around? Stick it in a back pack and ride your bike.

bugjuice
18th November 2005, 10:17
lol.. I'll send you a text later when we get our act together and get a group of them somewhere..

WL - these things get up to 40kph! and these aren't even modded, so a path (as fun as that is) could be the way to go...

N4CR
18th November 2005, 10:18
Go ride them around auckland uni campus... won't be many people now exams have finished :lol:

I started reading with 'oh gnoes the ZXsexR is dead D:!!! but no... ya bastard!

Wouldn't the mt wellington track still be open every now and then, I'm sure they would let you practise there. and I want to take my blardy bike on it too

WRT
18th November 2005, 10:19
I'm still thinking laps of western springs lake . . . you'd probably only get one in before being politely asked to move along please, but what a cool track!

Cibby
18th November 2005, 10:34
And here I was all sympathietic like... you bastard.

So when do I get one?

haha

i was going to start yelling at him cause i bloody insure him!!!!

geeze buggie... sounds like fun...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good effort boys!!!

R

Postie
18th November 2005, 10:40
I'm still thinking laps of western springs lake . . . you'd probably only get one in before being politely asked to move along please, but what a cool track!
i would, but i'm scared of geese..... they have shifty eyes and they work for the russians.....

N4CR
18th November 2005, 10:42
i would, but i'm scared of geese..... they have shifty eyes and they work for the russians.....

Especially the bleck ones.... ooooh the beady eyes. I bet they hide knives under the wings eh :(

Postie
18th November 2005, 10:44
Especially the bleck ones.... ooooh the beady eyes. I bet they hide knives under the wings eh :(
yep yep:yes:
and don't even get me started on them eels

Postie
18th November 2005, 10:51

Just need to change the tyres cause we are down to the canvas....

pfftt, excuses, get yer gear on and lets go and tear up some rubber and clothes and sliders and watch people do superman impressions......
where to?

aff-man
18th November 2005, 10:57
yeh i found out the hard way what decking out standard pegs does... well there wasn't much left of the peg.

pic 1 = customised pegs (higher and more in)
pic 2 = lean angle
pic 3 = front tyre
pic 4 = rear tyre worn through

WRT
18th November 2005, 11:08
Well done Aff-man, looks like you have been getting those tyres properly warmed up!

Buggy, Postie, what sortta lean angle to your's get standard? Cant be too far off that . . .

aff-man
18th November 2005, 11:10
Well done Aff-man, looks like you have been getting those tyres properly warmed up!

Buggy, Postie, what sortta lean angle to your's get standard? Cant be too far off that . . .

Actually it's a lot less than that with the standard pegs..... you can't really see it proper in the pic but it's quite a steep angle for the sitting position.

Postie
18th November 2005, 11:12

the lean on ours is pretty much that, must be different bikes.....

WRT
18th November 2005, 11:14
Thats what I thought. They lean over just far enough to balance on the pegs without tipping, but still far enough to spill the petrol . . .

aff-man
18th November 2005, 11:18
the lean on ours is pretty much that, must be different bikes.....

Nope it's not ... believe me. the old pegs when tucked up were still decking out really badly, with these pegs you can lean a lot more without decking the pegs out which cause the back to slide out something cronic. These ones allow you to get a little lower and drift the back around corners (due to shitty tyres not power... believe me)

Hmmmm we have found a few car parks out this way that are basically deserted in the evenings/ sundays... We should organise something....

And so the underground racing ring begins mooohahahahaha

WRT
18th November 2005, 11:22
. . . with these pegs you can lean a lot more without decking the pegs out which cause the back to slide out something cronic.

Yup, know all about that, especially when your back tyre isnt quite fully inflated . . .

Speaking of which, anyone know a good place to get cordura wear fixed? I'm in need of a good seamstress (no smart comments from Terry Pratchett readers please) as my gear now has some nasty scrapes on it. Bloody things only a month or so old too . . .

Devil
18th November 2005, 11:22
Damn, what do I need to do to get a go? (Apart from buying one)
:D

White trash
19th November 2005, 07:41
If ya let me know where yas are going, I'll come along and show you how it's (not) done.

Broomie
21st November 2005, 07:02
Do you guys not travel passed the small set of hills to your south?

This weekend we have a huge event lined up in Edgecombe

Car parks ..... lakes ..... footpaths ...... :doh: just don't f*ck the sport up for the rest of us

Cheers
Bret

White trash
21st November 2005, 07:54
Do you guys not travel passed the small set of hills to your south?

This weekend we have a huge event lined up in Edgecombe

Car parks ..... lakes ..... footpaths ...... :doh: just don't f*ck the sport up for the rest of us

Cheers
Bret

Good point Broomie. This shit happened in Wellington recently and the bucket guys lost one of their best venues due to pocket bikes using it for unofficial practice.

There's heaps of events everywherefor these, there's one tonight at Silverdale indoor karting at 7pm, let's not get lumped in with the mini chopper brigade by riding wherever the hell we want.

Devil
21st November 2005, 11:24
There's heaps of events everywherefor these, there's one tonight at Silverdale indoor karting at 7pm.
I think I shall pop by for a squizz.

bugjuice
21st November 2005, 11:27
Good point Broomie. This shit happened in Wellington recently and the bucket guys lost one of their best venues due to pocket bikes using it for unofficial practice.

There's heaps of events everywherefor these, there's one tonight at Silverdale indoor karting at 7pm, let's not get lumped in with the mini chopper brigade by riding wherever the hell we want.
how much is it to run them on the track? Who's going to this? I'd be quite keen to give it a shot, but 7 is gonna be cutting it fine.. Got any more details?

Also, while this is a good oppotunity, where else can these things be run? At the moment, we're just trying to find big out-of-the-way carparks, which we know ain't right, but what else is there?

HDTboy
21st November 2005, 11:47
North shore events centre carpark?
There's a whole bunch of cool paths up behind Don McKinnon drive in Albany

Kwaka-Kid
22nd November 2005, 05:50
Just you wait buggie! Soon 6chris6 and i will have these puppys and show you how its done! :)

bugjuice
22nd November 2005, 08:18
bring it on..

Broomie
23rd November 2005, 06:43
NZMMC race once a month on proper kart tracks all over the North island, Saturday 26th is our Round 8 for the year at Edgcombe ... gunna be good, newby session at the end so learners can have a fang

you guys should leave Aukland for a while .... you might even find some nice raods on your way:blink:

Cheers
Bret

White trash
23rd November 2005, 07:51
NZMMC race once a month on proper kart tracks all over the North island, Saturday 26th is our Round 8 for the year at Edgcombe ... gunna be good, newby session at the end so learners can have a fang

you guys should leave Aukland for a while .... you might even find some nice raods on your way:blink:

Cheers
Bret

I'd like to be there myself but it's the missus and my best mates birthday party.

Ah well, next year.

Broomie
24th November 2005, 06:47
I remember you saying that White Trash, sorry you can't make it, maybe next time,
what about the rest of these guys?
we make a big deal about it, especially for the kids

My thing is we try and organise these events to keep MiniMotos out of car parks and off the streets, other wise we end up with a reputation like mini choppers

If you must ride in a car park, approach the stores manager get all there details and get permission to use the place ... if they aggree.

If you splatter yourself all over the pavement on there property they are responsible, an acc claim soon leaves a paper trail to a knock on your door

Example: in Hamilton we have the Bunnings car park, nice and big, very good surface .... perfect!
on friday nites several bikes used the property, then the police were asked to remove these people (I do this myself from time to time), bikes were taken away in the back of police cars, now speed humps are all over the car park and that's it. f*ckt for everyone
the local police are pritty good, they normally go .... oooh aah :blink: :blink: :blink: , just don't push it

oh yea, getting your knee down, yip it's cool, then it becomes too easy and you try and keep it off the ground and use it as an a guide

to pro european kids can get elbows on the ground, I shit you not

Cheers
Bret

Mattyc
1st December 2005, 18:32
have you guys been there?, its big and uninhabited in the evenings, also there is a track at mt wellington (not hannigan drive), not too sure if its still there was about 8 months ago - on the back of mt richmond, it used to be a rc car track, but they moved to saleyards road.

nezorf
13th July 2006, 00:15
how much are pocket bikes how fast are they?
can u get the registered? or the lager midi ones?

dangerous
13th July 2006, 06:32
Well fuck me! a North Islander with tast buds for beer (pic 6) but then again all cred is lost pic 3 looks like you poofs are off to the ulta :first:

bloody old dreged up threads, welcome to KB nezorf