PDA

View Full Version : Rimutaka Warning

wkid_one
25th February 2004, 12:31
Guys and Girls,

After a rather enjoyable sprint across the 'Taka's this morning at 7.30am - I returned back across to an absolute mess of a hill.

There are road works on both sides of the hill with Stopman controlled stops. Also - they are resealing the road half way up the Wellington side with Pea Metal - quite liberally.

There is dirt all over the road and pea metal strewn everywhere up the Wellington side by trucks and cars.

Be careful when riding up there as it is a mess.

Dan

riffer
25th February 2004, 12:33
Hoo-feckin-ray.

Cheers Wkid. Hopefully fixed by the weekend.

btw what did you go over on :msn-wink: - traillie, 'tard or cage?

Hitcher
25th February 2004, 13:24
Thanks for the heads-up Wkid. I was planning to do a "burger raid" over the hill tonight. A fry-up in Foxton may be a better alternative...

wkid_one
25th February 2004, 13:35
Hoo-feckin-ray.

Cheers Wkid. Hopefully fixed by the weekend.

btw what did you go over on :msn-wink: - traillie, 'tard or cage?Cage....managed to lose the arse end on a couple of corners - just great fun....

No bike for me up that hill at the moment - my life wouldn't be worth the risk

Wouldn't be hopeful it is sorted by the weekend - they look in for the long haul. Plus - there will be pea metal there for ages.....you know how it goes - do the work today....put the gravel down.....remove the 'loose metal' signs once there are two tyre tracks through each lane......feck motorcyclists.

James Deuce
25th February 2004, 13:40
Thanks Wkid. That was very thoughtful.

Lou Girardin
25th February 2004, 14:20
Cage....managed to lose the arse end on a couple of corners - just great fun....
If you crash the car, will you give that up too? :whistle:
Lou

wkid_one
25th February 2004, 16:12
Most likely not - as I don't pay for it.

Also - work is putting me through the Ford Advanced Driver Training to teach me how to get out of bad situations. Only problem I can see with that - is first I am going to have to get in to bad situations to make sure the training worked - damn shame

Deano
25th February 2004, 16:47
Most likely not - as I don't pay for it.

Also - work is putting me through the Ford Advanced Driver Training to teach me how to get out of bad situations. Only problem I can see with that - is first I am going to have to get in to bad situations to make sure the training worked - damn shame

Wkid, what sort of vocation do you have to get that sort of training ?

I had to do theory and practical defensive driving training for my job, and revisit the theory every few years. Cage driving that is.

I hated the advice given after the practical - the instructor didn't like me changing gears mid roundabout and suggested I had picked it up from doing it on the bike - screw him - I will change the bloody gear when I feel like it.

Anyway, I learn't all my REAL defensive and advanced driver training in an old Hillman Hunter on sports fields, paddocks and recreation reserves when I was about 16...OH the joy of youth eh?

Cheers for the info on the Taka's, much appreciated. It has been a crap few weeks with Manfeild, Paekakariki and Rimutaka hill all out of action at the moment. Wonder what the weather will do on the 7th for the Gladstone Hillclimb, speaking of which, I still haven't had any practice there yet - this weekend or bust. :brick:

wkid_one
25th February 2004, 16:55
Management team made a decision that all staff with tools of trade cars need to undertake the ADT....I am not one to complain.

Timber020
25th February 2004, 16:56
Ford advanced training? Its like taking Italian Army offensive strategies :moon:

Deano
25th February 2004, 17:14
does anyone else find Wkid's avatar distracting ?

Not that I am complaining......

Deebeeriz
25th February 2004, 20:40
does anyone else find Wkid's avatar distracting ?

Not that I am complaining......
you can stop it from loading if it distracts that much

k14
25th February 2004, 20:56
Ive done the holden advanced driving school and that was really good.

But what does the ford one do?? Teach you how to call a tow truck when your ford breaks down?? :2thumbsup

bungbung
26th February 2004, 07:47
Wkid, how do you go about getting the tail of an auto mondeo out? handbrake? :)

georgedubyabush
26th February 2004, 08:21
Wkid, how do you go about getting the tail of an auto mondeo out? handbrake? :)

McDonalds trays is one way :whistle:

bungbung
26th February 2004, 08:28
The big plastic serving trays from inside the restaurant?

really?

I must be a bit thick, how does that work?

georgedubyabush
26th February 2004, 08:56
Well...
Stick em on the ground after smuggling them out, back rearwheels onto em, may need some help. Apply handbrake, then drive off and try to turn. Safer in a less than full carpark. Seconds, seconds of fun. Burger king trays are thicker and last longer.