PDA

View Full Version : Criminal behaviour...

Paul in NZ
20th November 2005, 19:06
Dammit...

Windy as heck but I wanted to warm the bike up before I balanced the carbs so I decided a little ride down SHW1, around the inlet and back over the Paekakareki Hill would be just the ticket for an old duffer like me...

Feck... Murdurous traffic headed into town, long wait for a train etc etc but all expected... Crawled along the highway of death (coastal road) behind some dipshit in a crappy old truck at about 65kph.... (sigh) Resisted temptation to overtake due to HP car a few back and cameras...

Inlet... Funish... Windy but fun...

Hill road.... Jeepers.... 2 coppers with radar hidden behind a bush (in a paddock) along the straight at the inlet end (lots of flashing from drivers - thanks)...

1 HP and 1 unmarked car going the other way

1 bearded moron in a tiny car doing 45kph on the bends and 85 on the straights. Eventually passed him at risk of license removal.

Another HP at the top following Hamish and LB (hi guys)

Another HP on SHW1...

My god.. I felt like I was being stalked... This is seriously taking the fun out of life and I really was not even speeding... This is daft!

Skyryder
20th November 2005, 19:51
Probably out to fill their quota's. It's getting to the stage where all the fun is going out of riding. I'm finding I'm looking at my speedo more than the road. Still have not got me a radar. Nearly got pinged again today (Sun 20/11......

Got in behind a line of traffic on the motoway. Waited patiently then booted to get a trrailor etc. Up to 80+ just to get back on my side of the road and had just got back to the 60 legal speed and there was a HP car coming into the roundabout.............no indicators working. I've come to the conclusion there is one law for us and another for them.

Skyryder

skidMark
20th November 2005, 20:09
thing is they are trying to meet their quota so they will get you for everything they can think of prob ...... ive noticed there are alot more on the streets closer together also ....so maybe cheaper in the long run to get a radar lol

saw one cop car today when i was about to pull out of a street me and my mate looked at each other and thought well wait:) cops go past very late model commodore..... standard cop wheels no hub caps obviously this is on a brand new commodore nothing weird there aye guys :blink:

and the sneeky buggers in white shirts with ties ...they be getting crafty this time of year (gollum voice duhhhh) :yes: :doh:

Hitcher
20th November 2005, 20:13
And then there's Double Demerits coming for Christmas. We can all sleep safely in our beds.

sels1
20th November 2005, 20:23
Ha - went over to Masterton today and didnt see one cop - now I know where they all were.
But they didnt need to worry - it was that windy there was no way I was going fast (was 2 up also) really had to slow down and hang on, on some of those corners on the 'Takas and down Featherston way - some of the worst wind I have struck on a bike.
Funny, went both ways over Paekak Hill and never saw hardly anyone, let alone a HP. Its all about timing....

skidMark
20th November 2005, 20:31
And then there's Double Demerits coming for Christmas. We can all sleep safely in our beds.

what the !!!!

skidMark
20th November 2005, 20:33
35 + double what i get done for = oooo lordy :blink:

Ixion
20th November 2005, 21:22

My god.. I felt like I was being stalked... This is seriously taking the fun out of life and I really was not even speeding... This is daft!

Perhaps we should appoint you as Ms Crashe's official Deputy Decoy. Hiya, Deputy

boomer
20th November 2005, 22:06
you had your quota by the sounds of things today.

Coming outta wellsford today in traffic i overtake a white ute on a straight, inadvertantly crossing the white line. I take a quick look in and see uniforms and a badge on teh drivers shoulder. Ok, so here goes i'm busted for speeding and crossing the solid line. Onto the passing lane i overtake another car and try and stay at 100 when the Ute comes up the inside of me. Before i take a look in i'm thinking hes ready to wave me over.

I could have bloody jumped for joy when i do have a look and see fire officers.. needless to say a twist of the wrist was called for :2thumbsup

The_Dover
20th November 2005, 22:16
you had your quota by the sounds of things today.

Coming outta wellsford today in traffic i overtake a white ute on a straight, inadvertantly crossing the white line. I take a quick look in and see uniforms and a badge on teh drivers shoulder. Ok, so here goes i'm busted for speeding and crossing the solid line. Onto the passing lane i overtake another car and try and stay at 100 when the Ute comes up the inside of me. Before i take a look in i'm thinking hes ready to wave me over.

I could have bloody jumped for joy when i do have a look and see fire officers.. needless to say a twist of the wrist was called for :2thumbsup

I think they were tailing you incase the undertail on the CBR overheated and caught fire. :whistle:

Mind you, I think you'd need to rev it a bit to heat the fucker up!!

boomer
20th November 2005, 22:25
More like they were doing there public duty and asking if this nana needed assistance

Da Bird
21st November 2005, 00:23

Haven't heard that one...

spudchucka
21st November 2005, 08:39
Probably out to fill their quota's.
Christmas is coming and we all need to get our bonus or at least make quota so that our wives can get their new toaster ovens.

WRT
21st November 2005, 08:43
Haven't heard that one...

From what I hear its still only in the proposal stage, but sounds like its going to be brought in for the festive season . . .

Paul in NZ
21st November 2005, 08:52
I know this has been done to death but....

I'm getting sick of being worried all the time I'm out on the bike and the reality is, I seldom speed and seldom do daft things. Yet I get eyeballed and feel intimidated... I'm a bit fed up with it. One role the bike plays in my life is as a stress relief device (easy on you lot - no rudeness required) and currently, riding it is quite stressful.

I also wonder about the effectiveness of the newer measures. The good people of the world are pretty well doing everything they can to be good already and the dodgy people already don't care so... What will all this achieve?

The roads seem to be getting bumpier every year and nothing is done... I seriously wonder about all this and am starting to think a trail bike is the answer..

I find it odd that we laud a person like Burt Munro and yet we have made a society that he could never live in...

Lou Girardin
23rd November 2005, 15:45
yoOk, so here goes i'm busted for speeding and crossing the solid line. :2thumbsup

You're in NZ now, Dr Boomer.
Solid white lines don't mean no passing. Them's the yellow ones.

Speaking of which, I pulled out to pass a car on 16 the other day. Knowing the road well, (I thought) I lined him up knowing that there was a straight when the left-hander opened out, checked ahead, nailed it, then realised the wankers had painted another 400 metres of double yellows. On a stretch of straight that's safe for anyone who wants to pass, provided they know how to accelerate and are prepared to do 100 km'h (or plus) At this rate Transhit NZ are going to have no passing lines on every inch of friggin' road.

Motu
23rd November 2005, 16:11
Double yellows don't stick to gravel....

Motu
23rd November 2005, 16:14
I find it odd that we laud a person like Burt Munro and yet we have made a society that he could never live in...

I'm surprised poor Burt hasn't been ripped to shreds here for wearing an open face helmet and not wearing full leathers,what sort of example is that setting eh?

scumdog
23rd November 2005, 23:00
I know this has been done to death but....

I'm getting sick of being worried all the time I'm out on the bike and the reality is, I seldom speed and seldom do daft things. Yet I get eyeballed and feel intimidated... I'm a bit fed up with it. One role the bike plays in my life is as a stress relief device (easy on you lot - no rudeness required) and currently, riding it is quite stressful.

The roads seem to be getting bumpier every year and nothing is done... I seriously wonder about all this and am starting to think a trail bike is the answer

OR move to a part of the contry less populated:whistle: :2thumbsup

Mooch
24th November 2005, 05:12
It's all part of the NZ nanny state and PC gone stupid. Customs are similar ,
Wife and I got checked for Drugs on our recent visit to NZ !, and those members who know my wife will know f en ridiculous that is , they even took samples from our cellphones checking for traces. We must have been through customs about 20 -30 times in other countries , normaly get treated with more respect. Not looking forward to return to NZ next year via South America , will probably get the rubber glove treatment. :blink:
NZ ---- Nanny State gone mad.

Paul in NZ
24th November 2005, 08:10
It's all part of the NZ nanny state and PC gone stupid. Customs are similar ,
Wife and I got checked for Drugs on our recent visit to NZ !, and those members who know my wife will know f en ridiculous that is , they even took samples from our cellphones checking for traces. We must have been through customs about 20 -30 times in other countries , normaly get treated with more respect. Not looking forward to return to NZ next year via South America , will probably get the rubber glove treatment. :blink:

Mooch mate... Good to see you guys but... Dude... It's not your wife OK... I'm sorry but you do rather look like (and ride like) a fashion designer so they were probably right to be suspicious.... :nono:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3487860a11,00.html

I'll have a word to the lads re your return and make sure Huge Hands Harry is on duty :blink: ....

Cheers

oh - that middle name of yours, Mohammed... I'd probably change that too...

ps - you are quite right of course. Place has gone freaking mad!

Cary
24th November 2005, 11:23

It was a big part of the reason i sold my GPz900 and got the XT, tired of loking in my mirrors/over the hill/round the bend etc etc. Not many cops on the gravel roads i now travel and XT got crusing round 100k anyway.

Get a dirt bike, you can go as fast as you dam well like:banana:

Lou Girardin
24th November 2005, 12:11

Of course. Look who's running it.

madboy
24th November 2005, 12:21
I also wonder about the effectiveness of the newer measures. The good people of the world are pretty well doing everything they can to be good already and the dodgy people already don't care so... What will all this achieve?You're not wrong. I was thinking about that myself the other day.

They lower the threshold from 10k to zero tolerance. What does this mean? This means that my dear ma and pa, two very straight law abiding cage-driving folk, will now have exponentially increased their chances of getting busted. They don't generally exceed 110k, very infrequently they may do for passing, they don't tailgate, don't pass on yellows, don't run red lights, don't drink and drive, don't speed past school buses, but they do drive at between 100-110km/h on the open road - and sometimes as fast as 140k on big long open stretches of road when passing!!!! F***ing criminals they will soon be if the LTSA has their way. When the demerit points add up, and they lose their license/s, these are the people who will not drive. For 3 months they'll walk/catch public transport/run the other around. And they will absolutely HATE the Police for it. HATE them. Good, law abiding, middle class, middle aged people who exhibit none of the risk factors for causing accidents.

Yet me, young male, fast bike, regularly rides at far in excess of the speed limits, regularly passes on yellow lines (yep, I do), regularly risking instant loss almost every time I ride the bike, I exhibit many of the significant risk factors that the LTSA claim cause accidents. What does double demerits or lower the threshold do for me? Every time a ticket is on, I'm off. Gone. Do I get the ticket? No. Although buggering off is not an exact science, so one day I will get a nice big ticket. But that's the risk I take. And if you've now just given the cops more reason to stop me, and me more reason to bugger off, what's gonna happen here? Suddenly pursuit numbers just went up. Pursuits are dangerous. Not only have you got a bike going like the clappers, but you'll have between 1 and 8 Commodores trying to do the same thing. And most of the time, the result of that will be a big fat zero. No capture. No ticket.

If the LTSA stats are to be believed, I'm the person they should be targeting. I'm the one who should be penalised. But I won't be, it'll be the goodie goods of this country who will.

And can someone please explain, WTF will that do for road safety?

riffer
24th November 2005, 12:34
Good, law abiding, middle class, middle aged people who exhibit none of the risk factors for causing accidents.

I know exactly how you feel. In the last year my father (aged 63) has received THREE speeding tickets, having never received one in his life before.

His crime? Each time it has been exceeding 50km/hr cruising down Brooklyn Hill. 61, 63 and 64km/hr.

They've lost all respect for the police. I can't wait until he loses his licence so I can give him shit about HIS dangerous driving.

Funny thing is, when I was young we used to tear around the countryside on motorcycles together and never got hassled.

Mooch
24th November 2005, 21:18
Mooch mate... Good to see you guys but... Dude... It's not your wife OK... I'm sorry but you do rather look like (and ride like) a fashion designer so they were probably right to be suspicious.... :nono:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3487860a11,00.html

I'll have a word to the lads re your return and make sure Huge Hands Harry is on duty :blink: ....

Cheers

oh - that middle name of yours, Mohammed... I'd probably change that too...

ps - you are quite right of course. Place has gone freaking mad!

Mate the news link explains it all , imagine what they'd do to a guzzi owning hippy , hope your not planning on international travel soon .:shake: Anyway , why are you worried about breaking speed limits at your age and on a guzzi as well ?