PDA

View Full Version : Can i knock off 6 months??

Squiggles
21st November 2005, 09:10
From the looks of it i cant, i've had my Bike Restricted for more than 8 months, now, but have no car license (am going for learners later today)..... i've had a look at the passrite courses, but one of the prerequisites seems to be that i must have my car license for 2 years...... (doesnt say anything like that on the enrolement form though)

help! just want to be able to go for full after 12 months on R is up :cry:

N4CR
21st November 2005, 09:24
I'm pretty sure the 'oh so relevant' cage liscence for two years is for the CBTA course only and the DD course is when ever but I ain't to sure. I intend to do this as well so will be following the thread with interest.

Squiggles
21st November 2005, 10:09
does a DD course also knock off 6 months? (cant find em on the passrite site, where would i look?)

Squiggles
21st November 2005, 10:17
found it myself:

Car (Class 1) and motorcycle (Class 6) courses
If you're under 25 years old, you can reduce the minimum time you have to spend on a restricted licence from 18 months to 12 months by completing an approved advanced driving skills course. If you’re over 25, the minimum time can be reduced from six months to three months.

In addition to completing the approved advanced driving skills course, you'll still be required to pass the full licence test (practical test) to obtain a full licence.

For details on the full licence test, see:

the relevant version of the Road code
Factsheet 58 Full licence test for driving a car
Factsheet 59 Full motorcycle licence.

What courses are approved?
There are two approved advanced driving skills courses:

Street Talk
Defensive Driving.

ill do a DD course, street talk is only for cagers it seems (theres an hour long in-car session or something along those lines)

dveus
21st November 2005, 12:40
found it myself:

ill do a DD course, street talk is only for cagers it seems (theres an hour long in-car session or something along those lines)

Im doing the Street Talk thing again now for the bike. (previously done it to reduce the waiting time on my cage license but because it wasn't issued in the last 6 months I have to re do it. :doh: ) From the impression I got the 1hour practical is a waste of time and I wont have to do it.