PDA

View Full Version : Spool Bike gear???

Lord Alster
21st November 2005, 19:46
Does anybody have any knowledge of Spool Bike gear, I can't seem to find anything about it on the Web. The few items I've seen appear to be quite well priced. Can anybody direct me to a website that shows it or maybe reviews etc. Any personal experience with it would be appreciated as well.
Thanks guys and girls.

inlinefour
21st November 2005, 20:07
They are good but I dont use them. My understanding is that spool is about the same as spyke, which I use and reckon is great. However if I get leathers one day, it'll probably have top be spool.:blink:

avgas
21st November 2005, 20:08
Spool make reasonable cheap gear.
At the end of the day its better than skin grafts

duckman
22nd November 2005, 02:16
I've had spool gloves for about 3 years... there o.k. but looking very faded and I've lost some stitching already. (but then they get used everyday):blip:

SimJen
22nd November 2005, 08:40
I just got a spool 1 piece RRS2 suit for a song from Boyds in Hams
Good quality kit and a lot nicer than KBC or some of the cheaper brands, makes my old AGV's look supercrap and fits a lot better too.
Try http://www.hjc-europe.com/ for pics etc.

dhunt
22nd November 2005, 09:19
I've a two piece spool suit and it seems pretty good too me although I have yet to get it on tarmac not that I really want to. Spool use to have a website called www.spool-bikewears.com but it doesn't seem to work any more.

Coyote
22nd November 2005, 09:24
Anything should be better than my Armor-Tech leathers. The right leg tore open revealing my leg. Fortunately I didn't get hurt

Sniper
22nd November 2005, 13:03
Spool cordura is great

MOTOXXX
22nd November 2005, 14:03
ive heard that the older spool leathers are a ok but nothing great. The new ones are realy good from what i hear

Sparky Bills
22nd November 2005, 14:27
The older spool leathers were crap!
They would come apart on impact at the seams. (or when slid on)

The newer stuff has been improved lots!
Double layers etc.
So if your getting spool leathers, go for this years models.

enigma51
22nd November 2005, 14:29
Had a few down the road with mine and it seems to hold arlight.

They where also the only leathers to fitted me and and my budget (Over 6ft tall)

Lou Girardin
22nd November 2005, 15:37
I'm not impressed with their textile kit, but the leather is good value.

aff-man
22nd November 2005, 15:55
hahaha i think loosebruce has a set and he'll be able to tell you how well they work:blink: :blink: :lol: :lol:

loosebruce
23rd November 2005, 16:17
hahaha i think loosebruce has a set and he'll be able to tell you how well they work:blink: :blink: :lol: :lol:

Fucken good mate, good kit at good price, saved my bacon on a few occasions and one big one, i walked away, so that cant be too bad the newer 1 peice suits with the twin zips look pretty cool too, pretty sure Spool is a branch off company from HJC.

cowpoos
23rd November 2005, 19:53
Had a few down the road with mine and it seems to hold arlight.

They where also the only leathers to fitted me and and my budget (Over 6ft tall)

alpinestars seem to fit the taller bretheren rather well....and I total endorse their safey...I'm on my second pair of alpinestars...first pair lasted through three slides on the road...one happened at around 170kmph...good kit.

I have a pair of spool summer gloves...and have no complaints at all...comfortable...ventilation works as well as the next glove...couldn't tell how they crash...but they look well built.