PDA

View Full Version : exxxxxxxcelent

aff-man
22nd November 2005, 15:49
Well i'm getting the hand of wheelies now but since the zxr250 (which was awesome at stoppies) I havn't had much confidence with the zxr400 or cbr600 front end when trying to do stoppies... Would just start to vibrate to much so just stuck to wheelies.

So I wasn't to enthusiastic about doing then on the gixxer. But coming home today i was coming up to the stop where i loves doing them on the zxr and i waslike meh why not.I just stayed in the seat and did some progressive braking. didn't even think it was off the ground untill i heard that big clunk as the back end dropped down. Wasn't to high maybe only 10-20cm (guessing here only) but hell i was quite thrilled...

Time to go practice:blink: :2thumbsup

Waylander
22nd November 2005, 15:51
Just be carefull and don't land on your head.

Once you get them sussed you'll no longer have to worry about missing a turn in town becouse you wheeled past the person you were following. Just do a stoppie with a turn and you're good lol.:2thumbsup

limbimtimwim
22nd November 2005, 19:21
I just stayed in the seat and did some progressive braking. didn't even think it was off the ground untill i heard that big clunk as the back end dropped down. Wasn't to high maybe only 10-20cm (guessing here only) but hell i was quite thrilled...First stoppie I did was when someone old fart did a u-turn right infront on me on Oriental Parade one day. I hadn't done one before, I didn't even realise the back had lifted, but then it thumped to the ground.

Best part was: some people saw and applauded

Worst part was: Even afterwards. the old git still didn't see me.

Didn't even know that single disk could do it till then...

bugjuice
22nd November 2005, 19:30
nice..
I managed to do a fast 'stoppie' the other day when I was braking hard behind a car, the back wheel came up a few inches at 100 summat ks.. I don't mind grabbing a fistful, it's just how much balls you got..
little by little tho, ay? it's expensive when it goes tits up!

James Deuce
22nd November 2005, 19:36
Mine first was at a riding course. Instructor kept giving me shit about my pathetic braking, so I rode at him at about 70km/hr and counted to 2 after he put his hand out and then stoppied up and high 5ed him. Woulda been funnier if my feet hadn't slipped off the peggs.

N4CR
22nd November 2005, 20:09
Well i'm getting the hand of wheelies now but since the zxr250 (which was awesome at stoppies) I havn't had much confidence with the zxr400 or cbr600 front end when trying to do stoppies...

I can you remember saying that neither of the zxr's stoppied, or wheelied for that matter....

edit: and yes there was a large ruckus between us on the subject that zxr250's couldn't wheelie whatsoever. Many people have done it, including tiny ones by myself.

aff-man
22nd November 2005, 22:58
I can you remember saying that neither of the zxr's stoppied, or wheelied for that matter....

Bullshit. I said that the zxr250 was bloody hard to wheelie i.e. involved most of the rev range then dumping the clutch and the 400 was a little but not much better. As to stoppies if you read almost all threads on the subject you'll find that i said the zxr250 was EASY to stoppie but not so with the 400... Get your facts straight or crawl into your hole........

Korea
22nd November 2005, 23:12
Get your facts straight or crawl into you're hole........
Easy tiger~ I don't think he was picking on you.
BTW: What is 'You are hole' anyway? Struggling with possesive adjectives?

Before you ask: Yes, I am an English teacher... Hahahhahahh:doh:
Great stuff on the wheelies!

aff-man
22nd November 2005, 23:23
Easy tiger~ I don't think he was picking on you.
BTW: What is 'You are hole' anyway? Struggling with possesive adjectives?

Before you ask: Yes, I am an English teacher... Hahahhahahh:doh:
Great stuff on the wheelies!

Fixed...................

Kwaka-Kid
23rd November 2005, 05:54
Shot Aff-man! Keep at it man.

Ive been wanting to attempt to master the stoppie but with warped front discs on my street bike im only game enough to do it coming to a stop pretty much, it gets too shakey and freaks me!

MrMelon
23rd November 2005, 08:08
Last stoppie I did on the 600 the front locked up after a few metres and left a fricken huge skid on the road! Replaced the front tyre since then so might give em another go.

aff-man
23rd November 2005, 21:44
hmm the good tyres definatley helped....

But i was getting them a bit higher (not much i'll admit but a little bit), then i filled up with gas and the bike became a little less stable?? I had thought the centralised weight would have made no difference/ even made it easier (keeping the momentum forward and not sideways:blink: :blink: ) but ????

Oh well just have to keep practicing:banana: :2thumbsup :thud:

White trash
23rd November 2005, 21:46
Ive been wanting to attempt to master the stoppie but with warped front discs on my street bike im only game enough to do it coming to a stop pretty much, it gets too shakey and freaks me!

That's coz you're gay.

Zed
23rd November 2005, 21:51
nice..
I managed to do a fast 'stoppie' the other day when I was braking hard behind a car, the back wheel came up a few inches at 100 summat ks.. I don't mind grabbing a fistful, it's just how much balls you got..
little by little tho, ay? it's expensive when it goes tits up!Far out, that fast stoppie must have been freaky, did you panic or not see the traffic slowing or summat??

I've never done a stoppie. wiss eh!

White trash
23rd November 2005, 21:56

Yup. But I knew that when I saw the rude hairdoo you were sporting last Thursday night.........

Zed
23rd November 2005, 21:57
Yup. But I knew that when I saw the rude hairdoo you were sporting last Thursday night.........Let's not resort to personal attacks and troll ANOTHER thread Jimmy! LOL i got heaps of comments that my sporting hairdo was tops, so your tiny voice crying in the wilderness is little worth...

White trash
23rd November 2005, 22:00
Don't make me break out "The Lawnmower"!

Kwaka-Kid
23rd November 2005, 22:24
That's coz you're gay.

Not to mention homosexual.

loosebruce
6th December 2005, 16:47
Wait until the front tucks on ya at 160kph with he back wheel two feet up and climbing, fuck that puts the shits up ya, my bad for not wariming the front tyre though, should've known better.

This vid is a fav of mine, even though it's a honda, but word is the ol 954 is the shiz for this kinda shit.

Zed
6th December 2005, 19:18
This vid is a fav of mine, even though it's a honda, but word is the ol 954 is the shiz for this kinda shit.Smoooooooooth Honda rider! :yes:

Mmmmm 02-03 954 is a fav of mine for sure...

Motoracer
7th December 2005, 16:14
It was so long ago since I last attempted one, I've even forgotten what a stoppie is...

bugjuice
7th December 2005, 16:20
Far out, that fast stoppie must have been freaky, did you panic or not see the traffic slowing or summat??

nope, didn't panic.. I was half expecting something to happen, cos I was already breaking hard enough for my balls to peep out of my arsehole. I had just pulled a pathetic wheelie (well, wasn't the best) and I knew the cars were around. I also knew that the brakes were up to the job, so I just decided to push the bike. Then grabbed a fist full on the front wheel landing, and just kept the pressure up. The brakes warmed up quick, and then I felt the back get light, then I could wiggle the back cos it was in the air. I looked down at the speed, and released the brake as I got to just below 100ks. Didn't panic, and it was nice and smooth.. but not something I'd want to improve on! I'd be happy and confident enough to do it again tho, should I have to. And if something had gone wrong here (I was already out-braking the car I was coming up behind), there were plenty of escape routes around

nice clip btw Bruce.. I'd love to have balls like that.. one day may be

Matt Bleck
7th December 2005, 18:52
Just be carefull and don't land on your head

Like this guy.

froggyfrenchman
7th December 2005, 19:01
Good on ya! Tricks are so much fun. I go on rides sometimes just to do tricks

bugjuice
7th December 2005, 19:03
i was looking for that clip..