PDA

View Full Version : Ride this Saturday

Zed
26th February 2004, 15:58
A few of us are keen on going to Mt Maunganui for lunch and back this Saturday. We will be meeting at the AutoBahn, SH1, Papakura at 9.00am sharp. Sorry for the short notice, but such is life.

Anyone who is keen can turn up then and join us. Feel free to post a message and let us know if you intend on coming. Fast & furious riders welcome :shifty: I know it will be a blast if the weather holds out...

Also, sorry, but no scooters allowed!!

Zed

Coldkiwi
26th February 2004, 17:42
shame about the scoots zed... although can't say i've ever seen any turn up at a KB ride yet anyway

I'll be there. I need to make up for not getting to Paeroa.
I suggest going via kopu-hikuai-whangamata-waihi at least one of the two legs :)

bikerboy
26th February 2004, 17:54
. Fast & furious riders welcome :shifty:

What about the more mature slower paced riders or is this a hoon only ride,
:ride: ? ;)

Zed
26th February 2004, 18:01
What about the more mature slower paced riders or is this a hoon only ride,
:ride: ? ;)
Good question. I didn't want to give that impression, but have you ever riden with ColdKiwi? :shit:

I'm sure there will be a respectable pace that even the more "mature" rider can keep up with!

Zed

Motoracer
26th February 2004, 21:35
shame about the scoots zed... although can't say i've ever seen any turn up at a KB ride yet anyway

I'll be there. I need to make up for not getting to Paeroa.
I suggest going via kopu-hikuai-whangamata-waihi at least one of the two legs :)

You gotta get Robert into this eh. I am sure he'll do just fine with his Gillera Runner 180cc.

SPman
26th February 2004, 21:46
Good question. I didn't want to give that impression, but have you ever riden with ColdKiwi? :shit:
ZedIndeed, like me, he has followed Richard on occaision! :shit:

Coldkiwi
27th February 2004, 16:25
Indeed, like me, he has followed Richard on occaision! :shit:

TBH, I hardly remember doing many miles with you at all john! its been a blimmin long time since i've seen the pink beast out. (no innuendo intended!!)

we might have to ease the pace a little anyway if the weather comes down. I can live in the rain but I hate the wind

Zed
27th February 2004, 17:23
The weather at present sux the Kumara...but who knows what it will be like tomorrow? Hopefully it will blow over 2nite and the riding weather to the Mount will be perfect! Forecast says the worst areas to be hit by the storm are Wllgtn & Sth Is.

If it's raining & blowing in the morning I'm staying home, otherwise we'll see you at 9.00am.

Been looking forward all week to that open road blast!:yes:

Zed

wkid_one
27th February 2004, 17:24
Yep - we are gonna get wasted by the look of it.....

No riding this weekend then - arse!

bondagebunny
27th February 2004, 18:11
A few of us are keen on going to Mt Maunganui for lunch and back this Saturday. We will be meeting at the AutoBahn, SH1, Papakura at 9.00am sharp. Sorry for the short notice, but such is life.

Anyone who is keen can turn up then and join us. Feel free to post a message and let us know if you intend on coming. Fast & furious riders welcome :shifty: I know it will be a blast if the weather holds out...

Also, sorry, but no scooters allowed!!

Zed

the scooters will show you up. I have seen a couple of scooter riders put big bike owners to shame.

Dont be so predjudiced.
There are scooters in the 500 and 600cc classes that will more than keep up

Zed
27th February 2004, 21:45
the scooters will show you up. I have seen a couple of scooter riders put big bike owners to shame.
...and don't tell me- you were the big bike owner right? :Punk:

Dont be so predjudiced.
There are scooters in the 500 and 600cc classes that will more than keep up
I welcome any 500-600cc scooters to come!

See Bunny, I am a reasonable man. :innocent:

Luv ya,

Zed

MadDuck
27th February 2004, 22:24
wow ....excuuussse me. So those of us on 250s need not apply? Good lord I would hate to hold up the ride. I know I could turn up it cognito as a REAL biker :scooter:
Me wonders about def of "fast and furious"...no I know that means bent fairings and sore ass. Just as well weather looks like crap ah?

Zed
27th February 2004, 22:42
wow ....excuuussse me. So those of us on 250s need not apply? Good lord I would hate to hold up the ride. I know I could turn up it cognito as a REAL biker :scooter:
Me wonders about def of "fast and furious"...no I know that means bent fairings and sore ass. Just as well weather looks like crap ah?
Not sure where you are coming from MD, but of course 250's are welcome! The only category I blacklisted was the scooter- and that waz a joke! If someone arrived on a scooter I would be the first to welcome them. :D

I can see that I'm going to have to tread carefully around you MadDuck. After several of your replies to me I get the distinct impression that I have offened you in some way?

Zed

MadDuck
27th February 2004, 22:59
No need to tread lightly around the MadDuck Zed....we got off to a bad start Its all tounge (spelling sux) and cheek and you bite so well. So long as chicks welcome then I am always up for a ride
Reminder to myself: check my scoots chain and oil b4 turning up :wacko:

Zed
27th February 2004, 23:05
No need to tread lightly around the MadDuck Zed....we got off to a bad start Its all tounge (spelling sux) and cheek and you bite so well. So long as chicks welcome then I am always up for a ride
Reminder to myself: check my scoots chain and oil b4 turning up :wacko:
Everyone is welcome.

The more the merrier...that way those who ride fast can go ahead of the more "paced" riders!

The weather has set in now in Auckland...could still blow over in 6-8 hours! :msn-wink:

Zed

bondagebunny
28th February 2004, 00:15
you could give Helen Clark U Turn lessons.

Zed
28th February 2004, 07:05
Weather is too orrible for riding longhaul today...will organise again :soon: !

Zed

MikeL
28th February 2004, 14:37
Weather is too orrible for riding longhaul today...will organise again :soon: !

Zed

What? Surely a few spots of rain and a refreshing breeze are not enough to deter a real biker? :bleh:

Actually, I would probably have been better off on the road today. A couple of hours ago a gust of wind blew over my bike (Suzuki 1200: 220 kg!!). It was on its sidestand, supposedly sheltered by the side of the house. Fortunately it fell mainly onto grass. End of brake lever snapped off, a slight scratch on the engine cover (now matching both sides) but no other visible damage. If this is just the wind from the depression over the Tasman, what's it going to be like when the tropical cyclone arrives tomorrow?
:eek5:

Firefight
28th February 2004, 16:56
What? Surely a few spots of rain and a refreshing breeze are not enough to deter a real biker? :bleh:

Actually, I would probably have been better off on the road today. A couple of hours ago a gust of wind blew over my bike (Suzuki 1200: 220 kg!!). It was on its sidestand, supposedly sheltered by the side of the house. Fortunately it fell mainly onto grass. End of brake lever snapped off, a slight scratch on the engine cover (now matching both sides) but no other visible damage. If this is just the wind from the depression over the Tasman, what's it going to be like when the tropical cyclone arrives tomorrow?
:eek5:

Hey mike, sorry to hear about your bike, good thing it was grass and not concrete, winds were up to about 35 gusting 50 on the harbour this afo. :cold:

Firefight, :eek:

Coldkiwi
1st March 2004, 12:05
funnily enough , sunday was pretty mild! stupid forecasters. they should do away with the cutsy cloud and rain symbols and just have a big red "?" over places they don't know.

bummer about the bike Mike. sounds like both you and me are in the market for new brake levers! (its good that just the end snaps eh?)

MikeL
1st March 2004, 12:20
funnily enough , sunday was pretty mild! stupid forecasters. they should do away with the cutsy cloud and rain symbols and just have a big red "?" over places they don't know.

bummer about the bike Mike. sounds like both you and me are in the market for new brake levers! (its good that just the end snaps eh?)

Interestingly I have not been able to find the missing end (no doubt it will make its presence felt next time I mow the lawn).

Called into Colemans on the way to work this morning and continued on my way 10 minutes later with a new brake lever and $40 less in my wallet. The bar end is scratched too so I've ordered another one, although I did hesitate - my once pristine bike has accumulated enough scratches to make me question the need to repair minor cosmetic damage. It would make more sense to wait until I sell it.

:weep:

aff-man
2nd March 2004, 08:02
oooooooo is that the scent of a new bike. Any idea's or hints or are you gonna pull a coldkiwi and just turn up one day with a brand new gixxer?????? As for a ride i'm keen as a bean for sunday this week seeing as weather sucked all over the country last weekend. As to where i dunno as long as the road isn't straight for more than 1 km i am happy :love: :rockon:

MikeL
2nd March 2004, 10:27
oooooooo is that the scent of a new bike. Any idea's or hints or are you gonna pull a coldkiwi and just turn up one day with a brand new gixxer?????? As for a ride i'm keen as a bean for sunday this week seeing as weather sucked all over the country last weekend. As to where i dunno as long as the road isn't straight for more than 1 km i am happy :love: :rockon:

Stop putting wicked thoughts into my mind. I haven't finished paying for this bike yet. And I haven't got bored with it yet. The only real reason to change would be the fact that I've put 15000km on the clock since July last year so at this rate it will have depreciated to nothing in another year or so. But I'm unlikely to turn up on a Gixxer or R1 or similar unless I win the Lotto and can afford the luxury of a sports bike just for short rides and track days because I really like the comfort of the naked tourer for long hauls. I can't imagine riding most of the way to Wellington in one day on a sports bike as I did on the GSX. So when I upgrade it will probably be to the same only better. Like an XJR1300 or GSX1400. Pity the Triumph Thunderbird was a bit underpowered...
BTW Sunday is the Cambridge Toy Run which many of us are doing - we should organize something for later on in the afternoon as well.

Coldkiwi
2nd March 2004, 11:01
Stop putting wicked thoughts into my mind. I haven't finished paying for this bike yet. And I haven't got bored with it yet.

thats ok, I haven't finished paying for/using the capability of mine either.. but I'm still like a kid in a candy shop whenever I see photos of new Zx-10s!!

aff-man
2nd March 2004, 11:33
i know the feeling CK. Mike that seems like a good idea do we have a meeting place for the toy run or something??