PDA

View Full Version : Ceramic toe and Knee sliders.-SIDI

FROSTY
22nd November 2005, 21:33
I've been having all sorts of hassles with grinding away toe sliders on my boots.Standard Sidi sliders are $20 a set and last me half a meeting.
If Im not careful I end up grinding through the toes of my boots as well as the sliders.
Well I can't be the only one with this problem because SIDI have just delivered CERAMIC toe sliders
They are bloody fantastic.
I used a set on sunday and in 2 practice sessions and 2 races they are barely showing a mark. They are a fair bit louder than stock scrapers
They aint cheap at $60 a set but well worth it if you grind ya toes.
They fit all SIDI vert boots and I suspect they will fit other brands too with a little bit of adjustment
Sidi have also just bought out ceramic knee scrapers.
I dunno how good they are but if the toe scrapers are anything to go by they are gonna be really good.

sAsLEX
22nd November 2005, 21:37
aparently the sliders on my suit are ceramic as well, cant really report on their wear as they aint touched the deck yet

Zed
22nd November 2005, 21:41
aparently the sliders on my suit are ceramic as well, cant really report on their wear as they aint touched the deck yetJust how hard have you tried to touch the deck?

N4CR
22nd November 2005, 23:24
Damn these would be quite useful! I'm hoping W2 will try and copy sidi in this regard, my sliders can get a bit wasted sometimes and I'm sure a track day would wreck them pretty bad. $20 friccken rip off bits of plastic grumble grumble...

Do they stick to the ground a little less than the plastic ones or do they stick more? Wonder what happens if they shatter O_o

edit: could you post a pic of the attachment method so I can look into getting some (see if they fit). Cheers!

Korea
22nd November 2005, 23:29
That sounds like just the ticket! I've almost gone right through the titanium ones already...

sAsLEX
23rd November 2005, 07:36
Just how hard have you tried to touch the deck?

A little, got the toe down before but the road aint really the place........

well thats my excuse!

FROSTY
23rd November 2005, 07:48
if youre in the area you could look at mine.
They dont seem to grab or 'dig in' like plastic scrapers do.
The only issue is the first time you touch em down --they are pretty loud
Your local dealer might not know about em yet--But the sidi agent for new Zealand has em in stock.

Ivan
23rd November 2005, 17:25
Im borrowing a set of Teknics and they are ceramic knee sliders and my mate who owned them before he moved away had them he came up to teach me around Manfield, he was on a ZX10 and was scraping his knee on the deck all the time and they dont hardly show wear I wore them for ages scraping them around carparks everywere and you can not even tell that they are worn but right now im using a set of Styl Martin Titanium ones just figured I had them around the wrong way so they wont spark:doh:
So this weekend is gonna be the time and the place to do it bring on Kaitoke

Zed
23rd November 2005, 21:40
A little, got the toe down before but the road aint really the place........

well thats my excuse!Aha, hence "scratched toe" under your KB name!

I've seen you getting down low on your bike down 22 once or thrice Alex...:ride:

sAsLEX
23rd November 2005, 21:44
Aha, hence "scratched toe" under your KB name!

I've seen you getting down low on your bike down 22 once or thrice Alex...:ride:

Maybe me needs longer legs? or a better technique! but at least this way I dont go through knee sliders like there no tomorrow, it hard enough paying for tires and fuel :blink:

Zed
23rd November 2005, 21:55
Maybe me needs longer legs? or a better technique! but at least this way I dont go through knee sliders like there no tomorrow, it hard enough paying for tires and fuel :blink:Lol, what do sliders cost to replace again?? lol

duckman
24th November 2005, 02:00
Frosty don't take this the wrong way but, Have you tried moving your "inside" foot back a little on the peg?
I had the same problem as you when racing the 125 but found that by repositioning my inside foot prior to the corner I was able to get outta the way.
Just a thought - I know how much fun it is to "touch down".:blip:

cowpoos
24th November 2005, 11:43
Maybe me needs longer legs? or a better technique! but at least this way I dont go through knee sliders like there no tomorrow, it hard enough paying for tires and fuel :blink:

maybe you have good technique....I used to think when I was alot younger I was pretty quick around corners on my rgv...scraping my kneeslidders happily...but the there was this one day a guy on a RF900 came rocking along...ripped past me...and I though yeah...I learn you when we get to the corners....but noooooooo.....he just flew around...hanging off a bit...not much...no knee slidders to touch down...and he carried alot higher corner speed than I did...and after trying my hardest to keep up...he just casually pissed off...and fortunatly for me...he pulled over a bit down the line for a rest...so I pulled in and said gidday...folwed by...how the fuck were you cornering so quickly on that bohemouth of a bike...and he spent the rest of the afternoon teaching me...and man...I was learnt good and proper...and what a great buggar for spending time with me when i was young...[and knew everything]...I was conering alot quicker with less effort within a few hours...

FROSTY
24th November 2005, 11:51
Frosty don't take this the wrong way but, Have you tried moving your "inside" foot back a little on the peg?
I had the same problem as you when racing the 125 but found that by repositioning my inside foot prior to the corner I was able to get outta the way.
Just a thought - I know how much fun it is to "touch down".:blip:
No offence taken dude --Ill take a picture of my footpegs for ya --Theyre about 20mm shorter than when Mr suzuki made em.So with ball of foot firmly on peg I still scrape my toes.
That said -I can be a tadd untidy with my foot placement sometimes prefering to put my foot alongways out on the peg and really stomp on it.

riffer
24th November 2005, 13:27
No offence taken dude --Ill take a picture of my footpegs for ya --Theyre about 20mm shorter than when Mr suzuki made em.So with ball of foot firmly on peg I still scrape my toes.

Hmmm. Maybe if you didn't lean it a bit, and went a bit slower around the corner...

I could show you how to go around corners sloly if you like...
:stupid:

FROSTY
24th November 2005, 13:47
Kida defeats the piont methinks

Sparky Bills
29th November 2005, 13:04
The new Sidi boots comes with these standard.
Bloody awsome! Your more likley to wear out the road rather than the slider!

They really do work well!