PDA

View Full Version : scooter down

c4.
24th November 2005, 08:40
Sad to see a fellow 2 wheel transiter down on cnr Mt Eden and Normanby bout 8am, ambo and cops already in attendance.
Scooter lokked to be one of those 50cc jobbies that people who have never had a riding lesson/experience in their lives, can just jump on and dice with Ak traffic, on a car licence!!!!
Now I know we all started somewhere, but for chrissakes, you have to learn how to drive a car before you jump into traffic solo. Why don't you at least need a competence in basic motorcycling handling skills cert?
I don't mean to judge a rider whom I have no knowledge of, and there may be a different story to the scene I witnessed, any KBers who can throw light?
*end rant*

skidMark
24th November 2005, 09:39
im on car learners on a moped but the thing is i know how to ride without taking myself out because i have no idea what im doing lol alot of them now are people who don't like the high cost of petrol the moment petrol hit about 1.50 per litre the phone didnt stop ringing and the next container was all sold before it even landed

so there are alot of them out there with many new riders they think it's like riding a pushbike :|

and brake helfway through corners and all sorts ive seen probably 3 nearly go down because of people jumping on the brakes halfway through because they are too fast for the corner

there should be something the laws do need to be reviewed as to what you need to ride one even i agree on that

Zapf
24th November 2005, 11:22
im on car learners on a moped but the thing is i know how to ride without taking myself out because i have no idea what im doing lol alot of them now are people who don't like the high cost of petrol the moment petrol hit about 1.50 per litre the phone didnt stop ringing and the next container was all sold before it even landed

so there are alot of them out there with many new riders they think it's like riding a pushbike :|

and brake helfway through corners and all sorts ive seen probably 3 nearly go down because of people jumping on the brakes halfway through because they are too fast for the corner

there should be something the laws do need to be reviewed as to what you need to ride one even i agree on that

and probly the cheap scooters come with cheap tires as well... so wamm.... there goes another one. just u wait till its wet