PDA

View Full Version : Motu's in love.

Motu
27th February 2004, 10:43
Motu thinks this is the bike for him - please explain to him that it's fucking bug ugly,and people would laugh at him on an ugly bike - he thinks he doesn't care,but deep down he plays for the crowd.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/STRUCTURE/AUCTION_DETAIL.ASP?id=9183280&rewritten=true&

What he really needs is this,it's pretty and made for a weakling like him.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Trail-bikes-terrain/0001-0026-1257-/auction-9168849.htm

Hitcher
27th February 2004, 10:57
Motu thinks this is the bike for him - please explain to him that it's fucking bug ugly,and people would laugh at him on an ugly bike - he thinks he doesn't care,but deep down he plays for the crowd.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/STRUCTURE/AUCTION_DETAIL.ASP?id=9183280&rewritten=true&

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Trail-bikes-terrain/0001-0026-1257-/auction-9168849.htm

Motu -- it probably matches the colour of your eyes. I recommend you follow your heart, but PLEASE don't wear matching leathers...

riffer
27th February 2004, 11:32
Damn. I had that one on my watch list.

Now everyone knows about it... :weep:

mangell6
27th February 2004, 11:42
That 750 would be a real GRUNT machine. Pretty cool

Motu can't you decide whether you are a beginner of not? :)

SILVER SUZI
27th February 2004, 11:51
I'm sure if you get it dirty enough it won't look so ugly, :sick: :puke: and people will stop laughing!:lol:

riffer
27th February 2004, 13:00
Let's get serious for a minute Motu ...

try this one on for size:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Classic-vintage/0001-0026-1250-/auction-9264233.htm

If you like, I could test ride it for you ... :yeah:

bungbung
27th February 2004, 13:10
Are you wanting your head reshaped cn6?

riffer
27th February 2004, 13:15
Are you wanting your head reshaped cn6?
Nah - I'm just dead keen to see what one of these is like - I had its predecessor - the IT400 - which was wicked fast ...

SPman
27th February 2004, 13:20
Nah, you need this, you do :shit:

wildfire1
27th February 2004, 13:29
Yup , it's pretty ugly alright.....but what ever spins your wheels :sick: :Punk:

riffer
27th February 2004, 13:31
Oooer - that's a bit of a ratbike...

looks like something out of Mad Max

Oscar
27th February 2004, 13:34
You lunatic.
Git yer yerself down here fer a good slapping afore you do anything stoopid...

What's the point of taking the motor out of an evil handling, no stopping pig like that, and swapping it fer a donk that is undoubtedly heavier and which almost certainly puts out LESS HP than the old one...

The second one is nearly as dumb, unless yer gonna use your patented DRZ dismount method on it....

Motu
27th February 2004, 14:17
Ahhh,I didn't see the YZ490 Celtic - no thanks,I've ridden them,and those things are literaly unbelieveably fast...a couple of snaps on the throttle,snick a couple of gears and next thing you are going way,way too fast for where ever you happen to be - a magnet for 7 wire fences.See how the seat is a bit rippled? I'd say he sucked the seat cover clean off on his last ride - but he's not telling.

The Yamasaki would be a dream bike on a gravel road,it's got a low centre of gravity and power everywhere - rear wheel steering at the touch of the throttle,top gear wheelspin....ooohhhhh....I wanna ride it sooooo bad!

I'm looking for a small trail bike to do trail rides with - I don't want some balistic banzai rocket,just something to suit my age and abilities - but all the little bikes have crap suspension and brakes.This YZ with the XR200 motor looks like just what I need,a motor I really enjoy riding with,but in a frame with good suspn handling and brakes.But a YZ250 has a seat height level with my chin - I might go and have a looksee.Need to sell a few things first,but the timings not right at all.

Oscar
27th February 2004, 15:19
Jeez Motu, git an XR200/250, you know ya wnat too...

....and what's with this "good rep." shit. Are you going soft?

erik
27th February 2004, 15:28
I'm pretty sure I've seen that yamasaki thing sitting on Bruce McLaren road in Henderson more than a month ago with a for sale sign on it. I didn't stop for a closer look though.

Is a low center of gravity really good for a trailbike? I think one of the instructors at Passrite said that trailbikes' higher center of gravity made them more maneuverable.

Motu
27th February 2004, 16:33
The low centre of gravity is good for gravel roads and on the beach - who said this thing was gunna be any good,but sideways with that much grunt would be fun.Stopping is not worth thinking about.

Hey Oscar - I'm lounging in my office chair exploring a bottle of tawny port...daydreaming about how I could unleash hidden talent with a bike worthy of my meager finances.How about I road sweep the Te Akau leg of the Rally NZ on the Yamasaki? Give those tin tops a benchmark time and see if they could get near it.

''good rep'' means these guys don't know shit.

kasper
27th February 2004, 18:56
Holly F@rk spman what the hell is that bike!?!?!

And where can I get one :thumbs up:

wkid_one
27th February 2004, 19:14
Looks like a prop from Mad Max

SPman
27th February 2004, 20:05
Looks like a prop from Mad Max
A Cold Kiwi refugee - good for chasing sheep at 160k and current burnout champ from last year! When he finished and the smoke cleared - there was no tyre - nothing - just a shiny rim (and a fucked motor...but...he'll be back)

moko
28th February 2004, 07:11

I`ve seen a picture of that in a book.Built by a bloke called Gary Soden,his riding gear matches the bike,his jacket has got fins all down the back.It`s originally a Suzi GSX750 but he reckons it was too ugly.

dangerous
28th February 2004, 12:47

No no no, Although you are looking for a 'small trail bike to do trail rides with' Knowing that you have a XLV750 and a Guzzi Stornello what you realy want (need) is a Guzzi Quota providin that you are over 6 foot tall.

RiderInBlack
29th February 2004, 07:29
[QUOTE=Motu]Motu thinks this is the bike for him - please explain to him that it's fucking bug ugly,and people would laugh at him on an ugly bike - he thinks he doesn't care,but deep down he plays for the crowd.

Jez, Motu. Hope you have got over it. If not, it's nothing the a good paint job wouldn't fix (or running it over with your Pajaro a few times!). You need a Staight Eye For The Queer Guy! Hope it preform better that it looks!

moko
1st March 2004, 05:32

While I was browsing the web for info on Yam`s new 660 Supermoto I found an interview with one of their designers who said they actually put an XS650 motor into an XT600 frame years ago and were toying with the idea of releasing it.They didn`t of course but it was the inspiration for the 750 Tenere,forerunner to the TDM850.