PDA

View Full Version : New Sidi Boots - hard to ride in!

Brett
24th November 2005, 20:23
The good guys at Botany Honda hooked me up with a set of Sidi Vertebra road boots for super cheap:banana: and i went for my first ride in them...having always used sneakers, i must say that i found wearing boots and having virtually no feel in my toes what so ever very hard to get used to! I had to adjust the lever to even be able to shift up gears!

I can't believe how much harder they are to ride in...damn comfy tho.
Big ups to Botany Honda, they have given discounts to virtually everyone I know!

FROSTY
24th November 2005, 20:27
If its any help they do loosen up after a lil while.3
I dont advise trying walking too far in em

Zed
24th November 2005, 20:28
Good onya for breaking out of the 'sneaker' shell Brett, you've done the right thing. :niceone:

The lack of feeling in your toes will hopefully only be a temporary issue until both the boots and your feet adjust, I trust you have bought the right size! I wear Sidi Vertebras too and they are tops with solid protection all round...wouldn't want to go hiking in them though! :wacko:

onearmedbandit
24th November 2005, 20:30
I've got a pair of Sidi Vert Race boots, super comfy now. Been wearing them for 2yrs now, still in excellent condition.

Brett
24th November 2005, 20:32
Yeah i am relatively impressed with them...the only colour they ahd was blue, but would have preferred black...but for 399 i wasn't gonna be fussy.
They just need to be broken in well:2thumbsup

Zed
24th November 2005, 20:52
Yeah i am relatively impressed with them...the only colour they ahd was blue, but would have preferred black...but for 399 i wasn't gonna be fussy.
They just need to be broken in well:2thumbsupBlue is okay unless it clashes with your bike & leathers/cordura! Mine are about 3 years old and that model boot has been upgraded once or twice since, the newer ones like you now own are pretty flash! I paid $180 for mine over a year ago thru TradeMe, hardly used and still look and feel the business...toes sliders will need replacing soon though. :spudbn:

loosebruce
24th November 2005, 22:56
I'd replace my toe sliders if i hadn't of grinded the head of the damn screws, oh well, yeah had mine for close to 4 years, sole is starting to peel away round the toes, been down the road many times too, bloody good boot they are, they should loosen up for you after a while and you will get used to it, i cant ride without my Sidi's feels too weird.

cowpoos
25th November 2005, 12:08
I'd replace my toe sliders if i hadn't of grinded the head of the damn screws, oh well, yeah had mine for close to 4 years, sole is starting to peel away round the toes, been down the road many times too, bloody good boot they are, they should loosen up for you after a while and you will get used to it, i cant ride without my Sidi's feels too weird.

time for some oxtars??? they look the shit!

bugjuice
25th November 2005, 12:10
I'm wearing my Sidi's today at work!
They're the most comfortable footwear I own!
I've got the vertibrae waterproof ones. Just wait until they start squeaking! They'll get heaps better, as long as you've got the right size ;)

Brett
25th November 2005, 12:20
Size is perfect, the colour does conflict HUGELY with my white green and Blue ZXR, but hey...with some black and blue leathers on a black or silver zx6r i am sure that they will fit in. I will just have to break them in good and proper.

tracyprier
25th November 2005, 13:05
Hi Brett

I recently upgraded from some cheaper Sypder boots to SIDI Strador boots.

I found the same thing, the SIDI's are stiffer than the old boots and it did take a while to both get used to that and for them to break in.

Ultimately though I think this is a good thing as it means there is more protection in the SIDI's than the softer Spyders.

And yes, good on you for getting out of sneakers :) hey if the worst does happen your feet will love you for it.

Size is perfect, the colour does conflict HUGELY with my white green and Blue ZXR, but hey...with some black and blue leathers on a black or silver zx6r i am sure that they will fit in. I will just have to break them in good and proper.

R1madness
25th November 2005, 15:52
Good on ya. They soften up heaps but it does take a while. A Bit of silicon spray an the virtibra stops them squeeking. Soon they will fit like slippers.

Bartman10
25th November 2005, 15:55
I gotta pair of those too.

Saved my toes on at least three ocassions. :doh:

They will loosen up, dont worry.

After a while it'll feel weird to ride in anything else.

Ixion
25th November 2005, 16:29
time for some oxtars??? they look the shit!

They (mine anyway) are also very easy and comfortable to walk in. And look sufficiently "un different" to be able to be worn at werk. Not waterproof though, no boots ever are. For that you need gaiters. From your friendly Army Surplus palce by the billboard with the big tits.

Coyote
25th November 2005, 16:39
One of the many bits of gear I need to replace. I got the cheapest boots I could get, they basically just leather gumboots

SlowHand
25th November 2005, 16:54
They (mine anyway) are also very easy and comfortable to walk in. And look sufficiently "un different" to be able to be worn at werk. Not waterproof though, no boots ever are. For that you need gaiters. From your friendly Army Surplus palce by the billboard with the big tits.

Cue Lou to come in with selfless advertising. Time started 17:29 - 25/11/05