PDA

View Full Version : Biker friend needs 9XL jacket...any suggestions

heavenly.talker
25th November 2005, 11:40
Hi

A friend of mine who is just getting back into biking needs to get a jacket. Leather or armoured will be considered.

Do you know of anywhere in Auckland that would stock big sizes?

If all else fails I think he will get have to get something made.

All suggestions appreciated

Cheers
Kim

Pillick
25th November 2005, 11:47
I suggest just sizing up a likely looking cow - if he skins it right he could have a one piece suit without any tailoring at all

EDIT: sorry, I feel like a bastard now, but I couldnt resist

crashe
25th November 2005, 11:48
Take him to see Kerry and she will make any leather gear to fit anyone.

Motorcycle Safety Wear.
31 Saint Kevin's Arcade
K' Rd
(09) 309 9522

Hitcher
25th November 2005, 11:51
9XL? Makes me feel positively sylph-like...

Big Dave
25th November 2005, 12:07
What crashe said.

I feel for him = I was into the 5X range before I did something about it.

dawnrazor
25th November 2005, 12:16
So thats XXXXXXXXXL. good lord, I don't mean to be insensitive, but what sort of bike does he have and how good is the suspension, and for that matter how big is the seat.
I hate myself for saying this, but wouldn't a motorbike without an engine be better for him at this stage.:blink: :blink: :blink:

The_Dover
25th November 2005, 12:19
Try this link

Link (http://www.trademe.co.nz/Sports/Gym-memberships/auction-40675669.htm)

Sniper
25th November 2005, 12:53
I know where you could get a good elephant skin.

heavenly.talker
25th November 2005, 13:31
Take him to see Kerry and she will make any leather gear to fit anyone.

Motorcycle Safety Wear.
31 Saint Kevin's Arcade
K' Rd
(09) 309 9522

Yeah...I think that is what is going to happen
Thanks for the tip:2thumbsup

mattt
25th November 2005, 13:40
Try this link

Link (http://www.trademe.co.nz/Sports/Gym-memberships/auction-40675669.htm)

Or here (http://www.jennycraig.com)

10char

**R1**
25th November 2005, 13:49
Duz he need a jacket? what organs is he in danger of damaging?

by the sounds of him I wouldnt say it to his face:doh: just couldnt resist the cheap shot

crashe
25th November 2005, 13:54
Maybe this gentleman has a medical reason as to why he is, his size.

So lets be helpful and help him out and help suggest a place that he can buy a jacket from.

What is important is that he loves to ride m/bikes.

Maybe this gentleman has a medical reason as to why he is, his size.

So lets be helpful and help him out and help suggest a place that he can buy a jacket from.

What is important is that he loves to ride m/bikes.

Too true... I'm of the larger variety myself.

Am interested to know what type of bike he is planning on riding thou.

heavenly.talker
25th November 2005, 14:30
Actually guys this guy isn't fat!
He's 6 5 and a big man in the shoulders, chest and like.

Thanks for nothing!!!

heavenly.talker
25th November 2005, 14:32
Too true... I'm of the larger variety myself.

Am interested to know what type of bike he is planning on riding thou.

Well I don't think he's planning on getting a 250. He'll rent to get through the licencing stuff and then get a brand new something. He has his eyes on three different types but I can't remember them.

Sniper
25th November 2005, 14:35

Thanks for nothing!!!

Should have made your question clearer then. If you say 9XL, we all think of a small beached whale.

dawnrazor
25th November 2005, 14:49

Thanks for nothing!!!

I was going to suggest you look at of the european brands like hein gericke or frank thomas. But sounds like that might be a bit of a risk what with him being an unusual size. You could try talking to Lou at Amps, he might be able to get you something in that might work, maybe he doesn't need quite such a big jacket, I don't know.
One of those GS BMW would do him all right, auctually thats not a bad idea, it might be expensive but BMW's clothing range might have something to fit, check out the store in newmarket.

The_Dover
25th November 2005, 14:52

Thanks for nothing!!!

Umm, I know I was taking the piss earlier but what about his legs? Is he riding in his undercrackers or what? Or does he just have a big top half and normal legs, like a cartoon muscle man??

Decent leg protection is probably equally or more important than a jacket.

heavenly.talker
25th November 2005, 16:25
Should have made your question clearer then. If you say 9XL, we all think of a small beached whale.

That's the size that he was told to try. Nothing beached about him...he's a lovely big strapping man!

heavenly.talker
25th November 2005, 16:25
I was going to suggest you look at of the european brands like hein gericke or frank thomas. But sounds like that might be a bit of a risk what with him being an unusual size. You could try talking to Lou at Amps, he might be able to get you something in that might work, maybe he doesn't need quite such a big jacket, I don't know.
One of those GS BMW would do him all right, auctually thats not a bad idea, it might be expensive but BMW's clothing range might have something to fit, check out the store in newmarket.

Thanks heaps, I will pass these details onto him :yes:

heavenly.talker
25th November 2005, 16:28
Umm, I know I was taking the piss earlier but what about his legs? Is he riding in his undercrackers or what? Or does he just have a big top half and normal legs, like a cartoon muscle man??

Decent leg protection is probably equally or more important than a jacket.

Ummmm...haven't really looked at his legs apart from in the very generalist of glances.

But he is in proportion...big all over...stocky and powerful and all that.
He has ordered some from Cycle treads. They do bigger sizes but find it hard to get big jackets in.

H00dz
13th September 2007, 00:14
hey there can you tell me how your friend got on with his gear...having the same probs Cheers

McDuck
13th September 2007, 18:56
Hay. I have just gotten 3xl gear and find it only just fits. It is ofton (i find) that the bigger the XL the taller the rider. Or wider, not ofton both. Good luck.

Nasty
13th September 2007, 19:28
I have some 4xlstuff bought down to wellington .. and I bought 4 xl pants up at motomail .. I think they had larger as well ... you could also try Lifestyle imports .. just make sure that there is slack in any measurements ... I found they didn't take into account you wear cloths under the gear.
http://www.lifestyle-imports.co.nz/home.html

McDuck
14th September 2007, 08:38
I have some 4xlstuff bought down to wellington .. and I bought 4 xl pants up at motomail .. I think they had larger as well ... you could also try Lifestyle imports .. just make sure that there is slack in any measurements ... I found they didn't take into account you wear cloths under the gear.
http://www.lifestyle-imports.co.nz/home.html

I found that to..... i guess i will just have to take a bag with me.

Quasievil
16th September 2007, 09:17
I got some Multi XL gear Im bringing down to Welly next weekend, if it fits you can have it for cheap cheap

Slingshot
16th September 2007, 21:05
Ummmm...haven't really looked at his legs apart from in the very generalist of glances.

But he is in proportion...big all over...stocky and powerful and all that.
He has ordered some from Cycle treads. They do bigger sizes but find it hard to get big jackets in.

I got some Multi XL gear Im bringing down to Welly next weekend, if it fits you can have it for cheap cheap

Are you in Wellington next weekend???

Quasievil
16th September 2007, 21:38
Are you in Wellington next weekend???

Yup I am

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=57197

clint640
18th September 2007, 11:45
Jet Leathers in the Hawkes Bay also do excellent quality custom bike gear.

Cheers
Clint