PDA

View Full Version : Tl1000R - mineral oil

TLRulz
25th November 2005, 17:21
I am told I should run mineral oil in the v-twin, why is that?

TLRulz
25th November 2005, 17:26
Try running the bike without it.

It's a TL, not a honda!!

DEATH_INC.
25th November 2005, 17:34
This sort of advice usually comes from mi-informed types listening to old wives tales.
Any GOOD mineral,semi or full synth oil designed to go in your bike will work just fine.

Zapf
25th November 2005, 17:47

lol... heard the same thing from the workshop at colemans... :bash: naturally I said stuff that... and got some Motul 5100 for my SV

Teflon
25th November 2005, 17:49

Thats what i will be running in mine.

MOTOXXX
25th November 2005, 18:02
i run semi synthetic in mine.

cowpoos
25th November 2005, 18:17
i run semi synthetic in mine.

same here...ironic or not...but my TL's clutch started slipping a few hundy KM's after I put full syn oil in it...[against advice from other TL riders]...and now run semi...and stronger clutch springs... it might be a wives tail...

but I had no problems...then I did...then I didn't...can't say its the oil for sure but it could well be...

Mooch
25th November 2005, 20:27
Have run Motul 300 synthetic for the last 21,000 with no issues. Bike runs a dry clutch.

Motu
25th November 2005, 20:53
DON"T use any of those oils!!!!! I have the only oil you can run in these bikes,any other oil and you'll destroy it in a week - I gaurantee that.My special oil costs a shit load,but hey,you need the best right? My oil is the best you can get - I buy it in bulk at great cost,so it just comes in a plastic milk bottle - but don't be fooled,this is the REAL deal!

cowpoos
25th November 2005, 21:42
DON"T use any of those oils!!!!! I have the only oil you can run in these bikes,any other oil and you'll destroy it in a week - I gaurantee that.My special oil costs a shit load,but hey,you need the best right? My oil is the best you can get - I buy it in bulk at great cost,so it just comes in a plastic milk bottle - but don't be fooled,this is the REAL deal!

you been cleaning carburater parts in kero again...to many fumes...lol :rockon:

sarcasuim noted

bane
27th November 2005, 07:46

How much Motu? Im ready to pay whatever to have the best! It must be true, I read it on the internet!

Katman
27th November 2005, 14:02
Make sure that whatever oil you use says on the bottle 'contains no friction modifiers'. I mostly use Rock Oil semi-synthetic in my workshop and haven't had any problems, even with big v-twins. It's important though, if you use semi or fully synthetic that you choose an oil that has been designed specifically for use in motorcycles.

froggyfrenchman
27th November 2005, 14:53
Im with death inc on this one