PDA

View Full Version : 1994 Yamaha Jog

R6_kid
25th November 2005, 18:56
Hi people, my friend has a 1994 Yamaha Jog. Just wanting to know whether it is a 2 or four stroke. I cant seem to find and oil reservoir and it doesnt smoke at all so im assuming it isnt a 2stroke (or she hasnt put any oil in with the fuel?).

Reason is it was leaking oil or petrol/tar mix and the oil light is on (more reason for it to be 4stroke).

Just wanted to make sure before i went ahead and tried to fix it thinking it was the wrong type of engine and looking like a complete knob when it screwed up :doh:

Al
25th November 2005, 20:01
Gareth, is this the scooter?
My wife had one in South Africa, definately 2 stroke (if it is the scooter), as far as I know it had an autolube system, you didn't have to mix oil/petrol. I think oil filler is under the seat next to the petrol filler...
Hope it has helped?

Al

R6_kid
25th November 2005, 20:30
sure is. Im thinking i might take it apart and have a look tomorrow. Im assuming the oil filler cap i saw down by the wheel would be for the tranny/direct drive that they run on.

zooter
29th November 2005, 20:20
I had a yamaha ysr80 2t which had an oil light for low ...drum roll...2t oil. Seek and you will find the hole where it goes, best do that before trying to run it 'cause there is likely none in there at the moment!
The trannie is by variable belt drive, no oil there. Careful you might actually start developing an interest in wee wheels

Qkchk
29th November 2005, 21:58
I had a yamaha ysr80 2t which had an oil light for low ...drum roll...2t oil. Seek and you will find the hole where it goes, best do that before trying to run it 'cause there is likely none in there at the moment!
The trannie is by variable belt drive, no oil there. Careful you might actually start developing an interest in wee wheels
Yaaaayyyy for the little ones! My Magic has a low 2T oil light as well, seems to hand in hand with the 2 strokes..............

sAsLEX
30th November 2005, 07:25
Yaaaayyyy for the little ones! My Magic has a low 2T oil light as well, seems to hand in hand with the 2 strokes..............

so do rg150s and the old farm hack kawa we had on the farm

MSTRS
30th November 2005, 08:32
Saslex....what winks and screws like a tiger?

sAsLEX
30th November 2005, 08:58
Saslex....what winks and screws like a tiger?

Dont think I should answer that or you will roar or something

MSTRS
30th November 2005, 09:11
Dont think I should answer that or you will roar or something
Not me sunshine (past all that:doobey: ) your siggy pic mate

zooter
2nd December 2005, 00:46
a big giveaway to 2t engines is the location of the exhaust port, down near the bottom of the barrel instead of near the head on a 4t, no valvegear either

White trash
4th December 2005, 11:19
:killingme Gareth you cabbage. It's a 2 stroke. The oil light means it's low on oil. Lift the seat, there's an "oil tank", this should be topped up with "2 stroke oil".

:killingme

As my good friend Mr Garrison sez, "There are no stupid questions children, only stupid people."