PDA

View Full Version : Bike Colours

wkid_one
27th February 2004, 19:45
I had a good look at the Silver K3 GSXR yesterday and it just looks wrong. That colour seems to make the bike look incredibly ordinary.

Also - the new matt black VTR - what was that all about. Nice colour - but touch the paint work anywhere and you would have finger prints on your bike for ages.

Now - each bike has its own colour it is renowned for - Suzuki (blue and white), Yam (blue), Kawa (green)....but what colour is the honda renouned for? I can't seem to think of a specific colour.

I did like the silver and black blades - but we don't seem to get those here anymore.

Back to the Gixxer - it is just all wrong and doesn't suit the bike.

I lurvved the orange engine cover on the Buells.

What other fuck ups are out there colour wise??

James Deuce
27th February 2004, 19:49
Honda used to do Red, White, and Blue.

Now they do Anthracite (WTF???), Metallic Coral, and Cobalt Blue.

Corporate bloody nonsense.

Bikes should be Red or Black. With a bit of chrome.

Jackrat
27th February 2004, 19:58
Honda used to do Red, White, and Blue.

Now they do Anthracite (WTF???), Metallic Coral, and Cobalt Blue.

Corporate bloody nonsense.

Bikes should be Red or Black. With a bit of chrome.

Your on to it,Maybe with a touch of gold but.
Red,Black an gold,Oh yeah!!!

SPman
27th February 2004, 20:00
Your on to it,Maybe with a touch of gold but.
Red,Black an gold,Oh yeah!!!
Everyone knows bikes should be White, Pink & Blue :confused2

wkid_one
27th February 2004, 20:01
Damn skippy. The Black and Silver on the Gixxer and Honda was great. As was the black on the Yam 2003 with the red flames.

Do like the bronze SV tho - but only coz there isn't much fairing on it anyway.

Even the Yam has gone for Maroon this year - what happened to good old red

Hitcher
28th February 2004, 08:11
And Kawasakis should be green!! Apart, of course, from that gorgeous orange on the Z1000...

750Y
28th February 2004, 09:27
I had a good look at the Silver K3 GSXR yesterday and it just looks wrong. That colour seems to make the bike look incredibly ordinary.

Back to the Gixxer - it is just all wrong and doesn't suit the bike.

It is actually the plainest gixxer for 18 years. in 04 there is a ltd edition all black 'mladin' edition which even the gixxer lovers hate too.

Motoracer
28th February 2004, 09:45
When I think honda, I think Red and white for some reason.

The new Yamaha R6 still has the lovely bright red colour. But on a sexy body like the 04 R1, even candy red or marron still looks good. I acutally edited a pic to make the 2004 R1 bright red and white like the 03. It didn't look good for some reason.

Wenier
28th February 2004, 10:56
they should use burgndy or however that is spelt you see all the vtec hondas jus about in that colour, Honda must be on to something.

I quite like the Black ZX6R that is in at motorad/sawyers, i think it looks real mean and aggressive but that is the kind of style of bike i like so it really would be preference.

Although i agree the silver on the gixer jus aint right somehow.

:Punk:

Zed
28th February 2004, 10:56
And Kawasakis should be green!! Apart, of course, from that gorgeous orange on the Z1000...Yeah, green does identify well with Kawasaki and the brighter green is safe too! :shifty:

Personally I can appreciate most good colour combinations/graphics on bikes with the exception of maybe pink?

Some of the latest Ninja sportsbikes are coming out in a full orange. I saw a 636 at Red Baron recently- yuk! :shit:

Zed

Motu
28th February 2004, 11:24
Honda to me are red,and I painted my XLV750 red.Honda racing colours were red white and blue.My TLR200 is red white and blue.

Coldkiwi
1st March 2004, 12:34
colour cockups? how about a green with yellow trim BMW K1??

one thing about that green... you know its a kwaka the instant you see it. all companies use red, black, blue, white etc at times but NO one but Mr K uses the green :)