PDA

View Full Version : Gilera 180 scooters.

FROSTY
26th November 2005, 09:29
Ohh my gosh Im gonna hafta revamp my opinions on scooters.
Yesterday I got to ride two Gilera scooters.
One a traditional two stroke auto and one a 4 stroke auto.
The two stroke was totally amazing.180cc of low geared stomp and it did indeed stomp. It flew up don buck road at a huge rate of knots and made short work of the corners too. The small wheels werent too happy hitting sharp bumps like manhole covers. I took it down the motorway and it flew past 100km/h easily.
Heaps of fun.
Now the 4 stroke -well -It had me scratching my head From the front it looks like a pukka road bike with decent tele forks disk brakes a small fairing and sorta a road race tank. Its got 15" wheels too The seat reminds me of the old school Katana's
The footpegs are really cool with a range of bolt holes in the hanger brackets to raise or lower the pegs.
From the back it looks like someone has crashed a scooter into the back of a naked road bike -with all the scooter drive train there to see
To ride it is just madness autotranz and both brakes on the handlebars means you need to ride it different from a "real" bike
Into my first set of corners on it I felt like I was on a normal bike.I went to tap it down a gear or two and was a tadd upset that someone had stolen the gear shifter. The way to hussle one of theese around is to back off the gas and grab a tiny bit of back brake--That signals the auto box to chop it doewn a gear or two.
I came back from riding the beastie with a grin from ear to ear.
It looks good and in a city riding situation rides bloody well
All in all great fun

zadok
26th November 2005, 09:36
I've been quite impressed with some of the scoots. I started a thread on The Gilera Nexus recently. Great looking machine. That one was a 500 as well.

NordieBoy
26th November 2005, 10:11
Apparantly the Gilera Runner 150 is the better option if you want to hot one up than the Runner 180.

Go Gilera! :D :2thumbsup

texmo
26th November 2005, 15:45
No the 180 two stroke is the best to hot up, one with a fabrizi kit will produce 32.5 hp at the wheel through the auto gear box. you should take the new gts250 for a ride frosty..