PDA

View Full Version : It could happen in NZ ????

denill
12th February 2003, 11:59
Now you can legally ride at 150kph.

http://www.silver-bullet.co.nz/news.php3?id=2123

figjam
12th February 2003, 12:53
Huh, yeah right! We wish.

Ignoring our moronic speed obsessed officials (because speed is the easy thing to pick on), how many three lane highways can you think of? Let alone that I bet the Italian law will be for three lanes in one direction

p0stal
12th February 2003, 15:47
I doubt the Gov will see it that way, they jusy lowered the speed limit on the northwestern to 80km in places, if you remember... Not much chance of them putting it back up again.

SPman
12th February 2003, 16:34
And they've also lowered the stretch - Hatfields Beach / Waiwera/ just south of Puhoi, to 80 k as well!Had a cop sitting right behind me at 100 k (of course) last weekend , on that stretch - guess he was anticipating............

bluninja
12th February 2003, 16:56
Hold a mo old chap......on the autobahns in Germany where there is no speed limit you can go as fast as you like. It's been like that for ages. As for the lowering of the speed limts here. The north Western speed limit has been put in place for a 2 year period !!!!!:brick:

Instead of concentrating on speed the authorities should look at the real culprit in all these road accidents DRIVERS . After all there is always a driver in at least one vehicle involved in an accident. If we removed the drivers from the vehicles there would be no more accidents :bigthumb: Golf has a lot to answer for roflmaowpmp nurse where's my medication ?

wkid_one
12th February 2003, 17:04
Don't look now but they are trailing GPS chips in cars in the uk. The aim is to have every new vehicle fitted with a GPS chip - this them relays where you are to the GPS Satelites orbitting our lovely planet - if you travel over the speed, as measured by distance versus time - puff - a magical speeding ticket appears in the mail!!!

This would almost spell the end of biking as we know it!!! and it is being trailed now.

What NZ needs is a decent roading system that leaves the byroads to us......a nice 2 lane motorway from Wellington to Auckland would get rid of all the traffic on our favourite roads leaving them for us.....the tintops can have the motorway - no fun on a bike anyway. 150kph on the motorway is boring......