PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know hoe to remove the variator pulley off a Street Magic?

Qkchk
26th November 2005, 13:02
Hi,

I have removed the front portion but the back doesnt want to budge... is there a certain trick to remove these?

Motu
26th November 2005, 19:31
um,ah....ah,um...ahem - what's a variator pulley?

WINJA
27th November 2005, 18:31
FOR ME THE PROBLEM WAS GETTING THEM TO STAY ON.
UNDO THE NUT , GET 2 SCREWDRIVERS , LEVER OFF THE CASING GENTLY, TAP SHAFT USING HAMMER AND BRASS DRIFT . BEEN A LONG TIME SINCE I CHANGED WEIGHTS, HOPE IM RIGHT

Qkchk
27th November 2005, 20:07
Yeah your right WINJA but I managed to figure it out after beating my head frustratedly for 2 hours :wacko: in the end a bit of kiwi ingeneuity came in and I prised it off with a big arse ring spanner. I'm glad to say that it is a Mission accomplised and I have changed the roller weights to somethin a bit lighter hence WHEELIES on tap ;)

WINJA
27th November 2005, 20:47
Yeah your right WINJA but I managed to figure it out after beating my head frustratedly for 2 hours :wacko: in the end a bit of kiwi ingeneuity came in and I prised it off with a big arse ring spanner. I'm glad to say that it is a Mission accomplised and I have changed the roller weights to somethin a bit lighter hence WHEELIES on tap ;)
THOSE LIGHT AFTER MARKET ONES USUALLY DONT LAST LONG

Qkchk
27th November 2005, 20:49
THOSE LIGHT AFTER MARKET ONES USUALLY DONT LAST LONG
They say that hills kill rollers - how long would you get out of a set?

WINJA
27th November 2005, 21:26
They say that hills kill rollers - how long would you get out of a set?
500KM DPENDING ON THE SITUATION , I DONT THINK ITS HILLS THAT KILL THEM , IT DEPENDS HOW MUCH THEY SLIDE UP AND DOWN THE VARIATOR , HOPE YOU PUT A LIGHT SMEAR OF GREASE ON THE SHAFT

WINJA
27th November 2005, 21:54
Fuck 500 km/s is not much.. Why dont they last very long?
YOU CAN GET UP 10,000 OUT OF ORIGINALS , THE AFTER MARKET ONES ARE SOFTER

Warren
27th November 2005, 23:59
um,ah....ah,um...ahem - what's a variator pulley?

They are used in CVT transmissions (normally on scooters). As the RPM of the engine increases the rollerweights roll on ramps outwards pushing the pully which is formed by a pair of opposing cones closer - changing the gearing as the drive belt runs around the pully.

Lighter roller weights means the engine revvs more at lower speeds.

Qkchk
28th November 2005, 20:26
500KM DPENDING ON THE SITUATION , I DONT THINK ITS HILLS THAT KILL THEM , IT DEPENDS HOW MUCH THEY SLIDE UP AND DOWN THE VARIATOR , HOPE YOU PUT A LIGHT SMEAR OF GREASE ON THE SHAFT
Which shaft? The crankshaft?

WINJA
28th November 2005, 20:56
Which shaft? The crankshaft?
NAH THE ONE THE VARIATOR SLIDES ON

Qkchk
29th November 2005, 18:13
Saw your mum today and gave her some stick. Then she went to the stabbing/police shooting at Henderson and got on the tele.
Your mum rocks.:banana:
Shit, I thought that was her big arse on TV... and I was just around the corner behind the Salvation Army doin their bin. They are the shop next door to where it started. If I had got there 2 mins earlier I would of been right in the middle of it. I got there just before the second ambulance turned up and before they cordend off the area. I could see the guy lying down on the pavement after the cops shot him.......... *spooky*