PDA

View Full Version : Hi guys, it's meeeee

StoneChucker
26th November 2005, 21:55
Hello everyone

Sorry I haven't been online for so long (1 to 2 months), but some of you have seen me since and know how I am. I can't believe how this place has changed, there are so many people I don't know. I once thought this was somewhere I'd never leave, but through circumstances and it changing so quickly, sadly I probably won't spend my time on here exept for keeping in contact with the great friends I've made.

A quick update for those that know me. My last MRI showed what I had felt, that my arm is permanently paralysed. Apart from that, and alot of general body ache from my other injuries, I'm recovering "remarkably", as the nurse who assesses me for ACC says...

I'm in limbo now, waiting for ACC to let me back on the road again. I do wonder what I'm going to do now, since riding bikes was my only social, enjoyment and stress-relieving activity:blink: I'll have to find something else to occupy my time. I hope you are all doing well, there are alot of you who I considered good friends, or riding buddies who I haven't seen for a long time. Not sure exactly when I would see those guys/gals again either :confused:

Take care and ride safe.
Cheers, Dave.
(PS I check pm's when I remember, and I'm not going anywhere, so drop me a line if you wish)

T.I.E
26th November 2005, 22:05
may i ask left or right arm?
and i'm sure there is away that is away to get ya back on a bike again.
i was new when you left but it is nice to see you back on the site agan.

StoneChucker
26th November 2005, 22:23
You're right, I could, but I've promised the ones I love who's lives have also been changed, that I'll never ride again. Its been hard on all of us.

Sensei
26th November 2005, 22:28
Only meet ya once Dude but you come across as a very Kool Dude . Hope thing's work out OK for you , your Famly & friend's .

Scott "Taranaki Hard core "

Skunk
26th November 2005, 22:30
Hey Dave - Cathie and I will catch you after the racing... will text ya after 4pm-ish. Got some new movies...

justsomeguy
26th November 2005, 22:54
Hiee SC :spudwave:

Nice to hear from you again.

Been missing your contribution here matey.

I look forward to meeting you someday when I travel south.

Take care.
JSG

SPman
26th November 2005, 23:34
Hi Dave
Good to hear you're making progress. It's a barstard when you cant do something you really enjoyed.......just hang in there and keep improving.
You never know what the future may bring........
SP

Ms Piggy
26th November 2005, 23:48
Miss ya buddy but see ya soon :hug:

Joni
27th November 2005, 00:00
Hey you... You know how I feel and its not necessary for me to say it on KB... and that is how it will stay if you are on a bike or not. I support you in your decisions.

Take care hun.

I will see you soon...:blip:

crashe
27th November 2005, 00:25
Hi Stonechucker,:2thumbsup

Good to see you back...... You have been truely missed.
We miss your wit and wisdom.

It would be nice to see you in here a bit more often.... :banana:
But we will understand if you are not feeling up to it just yet.

Take one day at a time..... and each day will get easier.
Try not to over do it, which can happen so easily.
Life's little hurdles can be so damn frustrating at times...
but you will over come them with time, patience and the strong willpower that you hold within you...

crashe

Motoracer
27th November 2005, 01:12
I wish you all the best man.

Sudeep. :)

badlieutenant
27th November 2005, 02:06
Im going to continue coming over yelling at your neighbours and eating your dutch cookies :D
keep that hardcase wit of yours going dave :D

Gixxer 4 ever
27th November 2005, 06:33
Hi Dave. Nice to read your post today. We have a cold wet day here and it is always nice to read a post from some one you have not herd from for a while. Yep stay away from the bikes. You sound like you appreciate what you have. :2thumbsup Good one. Take care SC.

NC
27th November 2005, 06:49
Im going to continue coming over yelling at your neighbours and eating your dutch cookies :D
keep that hardcase wit of yours going dave :D
x2, Also I will be annoying your dogs :D

Zed
27th November 2005, 06:52
Hi Dave, I'm really sorry to hear about your arm and that you will never ride again. I wish you all the best for your future endeavours whatever you decide to do. KB is here for you remember!

Kind regards,

Matthew

Firefight
27th November 2005, 06:56
hey Dave good to hear from you, I also have missed your regular posts, Yes Kb has changed a lot, lots of bickering and shit,lots of new people, but when you need it the Good people of kb are there for you.

Take care, good luck with the future.

Firefight.

James Deuce
27th November 2005, 07:19
Daaaaaaaave!

Hello dude, nice to hear from you.

Blimmin' ACC eh?

Vagabond
27th November 2005, 07:32
Glad to hear your'e still alive and kicking, only you will know whats best in your situation!

Merry Christmas and all the best for the comming year!

TonyB
27th November 2005, 08:06
Bloody good to see you posting on here again Dave- even if it will be a rare event. We've missed you man

erik
27th November 2005, 08:20
It's great to hear you're recovering well. :)
Good luck with finding some other activity to replace biking.

Racey Rider
27th November 2005, 08:21
Hey Dave, Great to hear from you again.
Are you allowed to go pillon for the odd ride?
There must be a KB'er down there with a nice Z1000 or something that could take you for a slow cruise.

Did you hear I'm gunna win the Vic club streetstock champs in 06?
Aways a place on my pit crew for you when your ready. Hold the stopwatch at practise days. Hold out the lap board, (or icecream container lids as the case my be!). Tell me you could go faster through that corner with one arm tied behind your back! (just be carefull, I may ask you to prove it!).

Would be great to see you at the KB Taupo track day next month. Big ask I know but, if you were up to it, I'm sure we could score you a car ride up there!

Racey.

inlinefour
27th November 2005, 08:26
Good to hear from you. Yea the site has been a tad queer lately, but drop in from time to time. Hopefully things will improve for both yourself (more important) and this site. I've got an ex-brother in law who lost one of his limbs and he'd be one of the most abled people I know. Take care mate and if there is ever anything I can do to help, feel free to ask.:yes:

Stevo
27th November 2005, 08:43
Gday Dave.
Bummer bout the biking. I was looking forward to some better video footage on the next SI tour that you guys were gonna do. I am in Welly in early Jan, so hopefully can find the time to come say gday personally. I'm sure CSL would accompany me (if I ask here nicely and she has the time) as my knowledge of Welly is the major roads and that's about it.

Take care man.

Stevo

Riff Raff
27th November 2005, 09:34
Hey Dave - good to see you on here again. We do miss you. Next time the Trashman and I are heading down to Welly we'll try to give you a bit more notice so we can catch up. You're still in our thoughts even tho we have been a bit slack with keeping in touch.

Take care babe xx

soundbeltfarm
27th November 2005, 09:43
hey SC good to see you back mate.take care.

thehollowmen
27th November 2005, 09:43
welcome back :-)
Hope to see you around more.. I enjoy your humour

onearmedbandit
27th November 2005, 09:46
Dave, now this isn't on , I'm the only One Armed Bandit here!! Seriously, good to hear from you again. I got your PM's thanks, I'll reply soon. Keep your chin up bud, I have a lot more to say but I'll save that for PM.

WINJA
27th November 2005, 10:02
GLAD TO HEAR FROM YOU AGIAN STONE CHUCKER, SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE ARM , IF YOU EVER WANT TO RIDE AGAIN SUZUKI MAKE A 110 STREET MAGIC AND THERES AN AUCKLAND GUY IN YOUR SITUATION RIDING ONE OF THOSE

cowpoos
27th November 2005, 10:08
GLAD TO HEAR FROM YOU AGIAN STONE CHUCKER, SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE ARM , IF YOU EVER WANT TO RIDE AGAIN SUZUKI MAKE A 110 STREET MAGIC AND THERES AN AUCKLAND GUY IN YOUR SITUATION RIDING ONE OF THOSE

theres also this hard buggar in CHCH that rides a gsx-r750...and does wheelies...one armed...and he post right above you...lol

onearmedbandit
27th November 2005, 10:19
theres also this hard buggar in CHCH that rides a gsx-r750...and does wheelies...one armed...and he post right above you...lol

Hey do you have his number, I'd love to swap notes with this guy, sounds like a legend aye? Oh wait a second, oh you mean m..........

GSVR
27th November 2005, 11:33
Hi Dave,

I don't think youve missed a hell of alot in the time youve been away from the site.
I'm surprised your not driving around yet. I bet your really looking forward to when you can.

Probably catch up with you at a KB social event down your way sometime soon.

Regards Garry

riffer
27th November 2005, 11:46
Bummer Dave,

I figured since I hadn't heard anything it wasn't the news we were all expecting...

But you're only 24, there's heaps more living to do, and a guy with your attitude and sense of humour will get through this one.

I'll pop by next time I'm in SV to catch up.

Simon

Al
27th November 2005, 13:30
Hi Dave, welcome back!

Hope you keep in touch with us

Take care

Al&Thea

froggyfrenchman
27th November 2005, 14:59
I wish you all the best and a life full of things you enjoy, wether bikes are included or not. Hope to see you around some day.

loosebruce
27th November 2005, 15:41
Hey ya Dave, Bruce (vtwin) filled me in a while back, sorry to hear bout ya arm, but Bruce says your're doing well, you thinking of kicking it round the country in a cage, all the best for ya would be an awesome trip, hope all involved is well and if you ever head up this way drop in.
I trust you didnt use all those vouchers at once eh.

And one day i'll take you pillion so you can get that buzz back. LOL

Take care mate.

the other Bruce

merv
27th November 2005, 15:54
Good to hear from you again SC, but sorry to hear about your arm and the fact you have had to quit biking. Its a shame to lose someone from the bike whanau. Enjoy what ever you do in future.

StoneChucker
27th November 2005, 16:00
Thanks guys/gals...

In one thread, all the greatness of KB comes rushing back, from all the caring, friendly people that I know. It really means alot to hear from you all. Thanks guys :rockon:

I know I can ride again, and believe me - the bug is biting hard, however, I can't/won't ride because of my family and what it could do to them again (MAYBE in 20 years when I have my midlife crisis!). As soon as I get some wheels, or specifically I'm allowed to drive I'm coming to lots of KB events :) I would've already, but things take time...

When I take a holiday and drive around NZ I'll get some addreses and pop in to say hi. Racey Rider, you crack me up mate! "Ice cream container lids:lol:
Someone said here that it's hard not being able to do something you love. Believe me, he's right. I miss it so much I can't explain!

Anyway, I'll make myself come on more often. Thanks and ride safe people. Expect EVERYONE on the road is going to do something stupid, and be prepared. Oh, and NEVER for feck sake wear jeans on a bike.:doh:

Cheers, Dave.

Hitcher
27th November 2005, 17:15
Welcome back Dave. You have been missed around here.

Two Smoker
27th November 2005, 18:32
Hey Dave,

Great to hear your coming along well :niceone: When can you drive again??? And have you decided on the choice of vehicle??? (last i heard it was a XR-6T)

Cant wait to catch up with you again :niceone:

Cheers, Chris :niceone:

cowpoos
27th November 2005, 18:42
Hey do you have his number, I'd love to swap notes with this guy, sounds like a legend aye? Oh wait a second, oh you mean m..........

:2thumbsup

Stevo
27th November 2005, 19:35
Hi Again Dave.
Kelz also wishes you the best, and says you must stop in for coffee again if you're travelling through.
We've moved from Picton to Blenheim but it's still on your way. Chin up.
I'll always remember your SI tour. Was a great weekend with good weather and good to meet other KBers.

Stevo

Sniper
27th November 2005, 19:39
Good to see you again Dave. Im glad you are getting well. Our thoughts are with you.

Sniper
27th November 2005, 19:40
I'll always remember your SI tour.
Stevo

You remember things?

jimbo600
27th November 2005, 19:44
Hey mate nice to see you back in the KB pages.

Too bad about the arm. Good that you have two lungs and a heart workin tho' dunno about the brain but that was iffy before the accident.