PDA

View Full Version : travellers looking for meeting kiwibikers

et-wa
27th November 2005, 03:24
we (a german couple 41 + 44) are planning to travel NZ north and south island for 3 month (january to march 06) with a yamaha xt and a suzuki dr 650.
we ;) ;) already travelled lots of europe, asia, north america and southern africa. In december we stay in southern australia.
we would be happy to meet kiwi-bikers and to get great hints what to do and see in NZ, maybe to stay with somebody, when it is possible ;)
looking forward to meet you nice people
Elke + Arne

Beemer
27th November 2005, 11:00
Hi there, depending on when you are in our area (Levin - 50kms south of Palmerston North and 100kms north of Wellington), we could put you two up for a couple of days. We will be heading off on holiday in early March, but apart from then, we will most likely be home during that time.

We've already offered Tanja and Christian (another German couple here at present) a bed when they are here in early January 2006, so send me a PM and we can work something out. We have a large spare room and plenty of secure garaging.

My husband gave Mac some ideas on where to ride while he was here, so he'd be more than happy to do the same for you.

Faye and Andy

airplane
27th November 2005, 19:04
We also will welcome you in March. We live in Lower Hutt (just north of Wellington) and would be happy to provide accommodation. heather and I are both bike riders.

Send me a PM and I will forward contact details.

Cheers

MSTRS
28th November 2005, 08:28
Hi from Hawkes Bay, where you will find some of the best riding in the country (and maybe some room to stay a night or two). Keep us posted on your movements.

Quasievil
28th November 2005, 08:35
Hi, youre welcome to stay with us for a night or two, we have a spare comfortable room, send me a PM if your interested .
Have a safe ride

clint640
28th November 2005, 14:09
G'day , I'm in Taupo, I'd be glad to show you around some of the local roads, or just catch up for a beer. I'm travelling to the South Island with friends in March so we could maybe meet up for some riding down there. Keep us updated.
Major tip: Get the NZ Motorcycle Atlas, published by Hema Maps. It has lots of good info & includes many gravel routes. The NZ 4wd guidebooks by Ken Sibly & Andy Cocroft (2 for each island I think) are also excellent resources for adventure touring.

Cheers
Clint

Bartman10
29th November 2005, 12:48
Have you been to Russia? I'm very keen to find out about motorcycling there.

Send a message when you come to Wellington.

:2thumbsup :rockon:

Trow
29th November 2005, 20:54
looking forward to seeing you!! you are more than welcome to stay here for a few nights in auckland, PM me if you are interested

Cheers
Scott and Sandy

hondav2
2nd December 2005, 21:24
G'day , I'm in Taupo, I'd be glad to show you around some of the local roads, or just catch up for a beer. I'm travelling to the South Island with friends in March so we could maybe meet up for some riding down there. Keep us updated.
Major tip: Get the NZ Motorcycle Atlas, published by Hema Maps. It has lots of good info & includes many gravel routes. The NZ 4wd guidebooks by Ken Sibly & Andy Cocroft (2 for each island I think) are also excellent resources for adventure touring.

Cheers
Clint

Hi Clint, How many bikers web sites are you on Cob, March hare rally 3-4-5th March, try and make it there and we can ride the Haka Valley, Danseys, then there is a road from St Bathens going west I want to check out. Nevis , Mavora lakes, Borland Saddle ect. Cheers Toddy

hondav2
2nd December 2005, 21:32
I live near Te Anau down near the bottom of the south Island. I would love to have yous stay here. I rode 43,000km in North America from May to Aug on a DR650, and would like to swap notes and see your pics. I plan to go back next June to Aug, 3 months to see the eastern side. I also have a workshop if yous need to catch up on maintainance. cheers Toddy

RiderInBlack
2nd December 2005, 22:00
I live Northland of Auckland (see attached maps) on a farm with a Mountain, stream, and river. You are welcome to stay here.
You must come up here to ride the Kauri Forest.

chickin
7th December 2005, 16:36
We live on Waiheke Island a 30 minute ferry journey from Auckland city you are welcome to stay with us for a few days PM us for details (there is a car ferry to get your bikes here)

Cheers

et-wa
10th December 2005, 08:40
.. thanks for we nice reply. we would enjoy to visit you on your island ;-).
because we did already some planning for the way down, it would be great to come along in te beginning or middle of march. what do you think?

we wish you a good prechristmas time - although ist not white, isnt it ;-)

cheers elke + arne

MSTRS
10th December 2005, 08:52
we wish you a good prechristmas time - although ist not white, isnt it ;-)

cheers elke + arne
Huey the weather god is not co-operating. 35c here yesterday. The snow, she jus' won't settle.
Or do you have something against the 'tanned' members of society??:whistle:

et-wa
10th December 2005, 22:03
35c - unbelievable. that are really good news ... here it's nasty outside :cold:.

We loved to join the 'tanned' society with all this nice guys :cool:
!!!

Warr
11th December 2005, 12:05
Hi there from Hamilton.
I'm guessing, but you may have been following the journey of another German couple who in NZ till 20th Jan.
They may be staying before they crate and ship their bike to their next destination... Australia??. They could be here from the 8th.
There are more of their posts
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=18679

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=21236

Quasi has already offered you accomodation in Hamilton, but happy for you to stay if Tanja & Christian have left! I'm sure they would be very happy to meet with you and share their travel experiences.

emaN
12th December 2005, 12:11
More than welcome to stay with us in Rotorua.... Every self-respecting tourist seems to come through here! Lots to see and do!
PM us if you like!

RiderInBlack
6th January 2006, 21:02
Yep they are here. Arrived on 2/01/06 and stayed in AK 3/01/06. They are riding a Blue Yammy and a Blue Suzuki 650 Endro bikes hired from AK.
Have had the pleasure of riding with them Wed, Thurs and Fri. See attached map I have done of where they have been so far. The Pictures were taken today on Old Russell Rd at Taupiri Bay.
Hope they continue to enjoy the rest of their tour here.

Doug

Beemer
15th January 2006, 09:58
Great shots, Doug. We have offered them accommodation when they head our way so hopefully we'll get to meet them soon. If they are half as nice as Tanja and Christian (enduroreisende), we'll be happy - they were great!

Posh Tourer :P
15th January 2006, 10:44
Nice riding routes..... You can see my uncle´s farm from Puketona junction....

Warr
15th January 2006, 12:40
Their web site is www.et-wa.de All in German for those who can read it..

But if you use an online translator You can get a rough idea... or a few good laughs !!
Translator (http://www.worldlingo.com/en/products_services/worldlingo_translator.html)

clint640
24th January 2006, 14:14
Met up with Elke & Arne for a beer in Taupo last night & gave them a few pointers for the South Island. They are having a good time & were off down the forgotten world highway to Stratford today.

Cheers
Clint

RiderInBlack
24th January 2006, 15:46
Sweet. I was wondering how their were going.

Beemer
28th January 2006, 16:41
They're at our place now (I lie, they are actually out riding along Waitarere Beach with my husband!) and leave for Wellington tomorrow, then the South Island on the 1st I think.

Great couple, catch up with them if you can, you'll enjoy their company a lot.

et-wa
4th February 2006, 17:16
Hi KB's,

yes, we are at the South Island, Abel Tasman NP,right now. So far we enjoyed the North Island and the hospitality of you guys very much. It is really a great experience to meet people this way. Thank you all !! (interesting, that almost every reply came from the NI ?!)
Tomorrow we are heading direction Christchurch via Blenheim, to do some maintenance at our bike etc.
After that we will ride back to the westcoast - weather permitting... so far our travelling update.
Hope to see you somewhere sometime ;-)
et-wa